75 000 Euros To Fill All Buy Order For PLEX

In theory someone could buy 2 358 589 PLEX with 75 000 Euros and fill up all the buy orders for PLEX. Then that person would have 6 700 000 000 000 ISK. Basically someone with too much money could crash the PLEX market, become a trillionaire and have a fleet of 1000 avatars. Just a thought I had.

3 Likes

on a not entirely unrelated note

6 Likes

If you want to pay 90.7 thousand dollars to crash an ingame market, please do. Everyone will LOVE their subscription time.

3 Likes

I am not even sure why this would crash the in game market. Sure you’d fill all the buy order…and?

1 Like

At the end of December the money supply was 1139.79 trillion ISK. 6.7 trillion plus or minus would barely register.

2 Likes

A massive increase of PLEX in the market would lower it’s value. Also a lot of buyers would end up with too much PLEX so they would compete to sell it.

1 Like

PLEX price is ridiculous on in game market. Only an indication how much people are fooled by themselves to work their precious time away buying into the CCP promise of “something more Omega”.

See what is left when you take it away, that “EVE job” of yours. Take a break.

A lot of the buy orders would fail for lack of available isk in margin accounts as people have more orders than they have available isk on hand quite a bit of the time. Most assume X rate of buying and selling with more orders for movement and visibility/blocking aspects.

If one assumed all orders would get filled daily the need for so many would fall significantly.

3 Likes

Take that 75,000 Euros and by crypto currency.

There are a ton of PLEX already on the market. Just huge. You are talking about a blip, nothing more.

1 Like

PLEX should BE a crypto-currency. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

–Speculative Gadget

1 Like

So then miners would be… err… miners. :laughing:

5 Likes

It kinda already is. With bitcoin you trade electricity for bit coin. With ISK it is your leisure time.

1 Like

There is 1 100 000 PLEX on the market. That’s twice less than the buy orders.

Where are you getting this? In looking at Fuzzworks for PLEX there were 1,583,486 PLEX on the market on 1/4/2018. And those are the sell orders which your idea does not really do much.

1 Like

And this is why I say never underestimate the laziness of Eve Online players. If you put sell orders on them you would have more than 6.7 Quadrillion ISK.

Years ago, a dude was too lazy to sell his stuff off piece by piece. He needed 300 Million additional ISK to PLEX his account. This is when PLEX was about 650 Million ISK for 1. He threw tons of stuff in a contract (Cruisers, BS, BPCs, BPOs with some research on them…) just hundreds of items that I knew would sell.

He got his 300 Million ISK from me to PLEX his account. And I spend the next 3 months playing Eve for free from the 2.5 Billion ISK I made in a half-day of selling.

2 Likes

EVEMarket.

If someone REALLY wanted to be an Eve Philanthropist on an epic scale it would be to buy enough PLEX to satisfy all the buy orders, and THEN use all that isk to buy up all the sell order PLEXs they could until it was gone.

Then post the transaction histories along with the reasons on the forums.:laughing::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Please count your decimal places. Assuming for a moment that your numbers are correct (I haven’t bothered to check the arithmetic itself), that sum represents 6.7 TRILLION, not quadrillion.

2 Likes

Its on my bucket list if I ever win the lottery.

3 Likes