A Thread Of Kind Words

You’re my favorite Guristas scientist.

1 Like

You like a lot of posts.

I like that.

4 Likes

You are simultaneously the most and least honest person I have ever met, which considering my line of work is a feat which I can only really respond to with a sort of awe.

4 Likes

Kalaratiri is the most reasonable and least annoying Sebiestor that I know.

4 Likes

Your views on current events are ever interesting and I’ve yet to meet a more renowned or personable sani sabik philospher.

2 Likes

You tried very hard to persuade me of something I wasn’t prepared to hear.

I still don’t think you were properly “right” about it-- the power dynamics you were invoking, and trying to warn me about, weren’t there, and aren’t-- but, I wasn’t properly “right” about it either. Some of the dynamics I was depending on were more or less illusory. Maybe to a pretty great degree we were both talking past each other.

It seems like that argument might have cost me your friendship, and, that makes me sad, because it was clear, throughout, however utterly, maddeningly frustrating our disagreement became, that you cared. That was important. Losing it hurt.

I was never going to be able to agree with you on what you were trying to warn me about, but, I’m grateful that you cared that much.

2 Likes

Your words are often full of wisdom and even though we may disagree on some fundamental things, I enjoy reading what you write and I learn much. You are among the people who make me believe that intelligent discussions can take place here on the IGS.

5 Likes

Your posts are always constructive.

2 Likes

You’re a impressive memember of the clusters intellectual community.

2 Likes

Your manner of self-expression in writing and fashion are both succinct, and therefore refreshing. It is nice. I also am grateful that you brought this thread back to everyone’s attention, which suggests you are either hungry for praise–so you are human–or a gracious soul, which is also human but very nice. Thank you!

3 Likes

Miss Qerl, you are quirky and bubbly which makes you a disarming face for the Empire. That might very well be an advantage in relationship building across lines traditionally featuring barbed wire and armed sentries.

1 Like

Your sense of humor is as dry as your scalp, and about as tasteful.

Somehow, I find myself enjoying it.

4 Likes

You have a way with words.

1 Like

As far as I am aware, I haven’t seen you drink Quafe in person. And that makes me happy.

Your dedication to marketing should be recognised and respected by any with an interest in selling a product.

1 Like

you have an interesting face.

Nice goggles. And hat. Especially the hat.

1 Like

I think that you have a halfway decent hairstyle.

1 Like

I am … actually still a little fuzzy on what exactly you believe, and why, and what (if any) unifying order there might be to all of it. It’s pretty clear that you hold certain ideals dear to your heart, but, also, that you don’t feel like you have to treat people who disagree with you like they’re just your enemies all the time.

You seem principled, but you don’t seem to close your ears. That’s a good and important thing.

3 Likes

I think that of all the regulars of the IGS and various other venues you are possibly the person most interested in truth through argument. You put a notable amount of effort into trying to understand someone’s position in the most favorable light and putting yourself in the position to see things from their point of view.

Where for many of us the argument (the fight) is the end in and of itself your goal is understanding and that is a laudable quality we would all do well to try and emulate from time to time.

5 Likes