Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

You misunderstand completely - it is not an “either or” that I am alluding to here: obviously necessities such as food, housing, transportation, utilities, healthcare, etc. come first - I presented that comparison as precisely that: a comparison, in order to put in perspective the cost differences of something across the globe, to illustrate that while to some 15USD may equate to a fast-food meal or half an hour’s work or whatever, to others it does most certainly not equate to either, but rather represents a significant cost that cannot be justified (where I live, on a middle-class salary that may be a day’s work - that’s almost 5% of a monthly cheque.) The PLEX system allows, among other things, for people who cannot afford first-world prices to not only participate (thus fleshing out and populating the game world for EVERYONE, thus generally improving the state of the game), but it allows CCP to nevertheless still generate additional revenue through those players - were those players to become unable (or unwilling) to play, that represents pure loss for CCP, as that represents that much less demand for PLEX.

4 Likes

[quote=“Felyx_Ravencroft, post:68, topic:11604, full:true”]

…to put in perspective the cost differences of something across the globe[/quote]

It still doesn’t matter. It is not up to CCP to manage the economies of different countries. All they can do is offer the game at the same price for everyone, and the price they offer is cheap. It amounts to 50c a day for a subscription.

1 Like

[quote=“Remiel_Pollard, post:71, topic:11604, full:true”]

Except that the 50c/day costing means very different things to different people, based on per capita income and local cost of living. Yes, of course international economies are not CCP’s purview (and I never implied that it is) :slight_smile: but that’s where PLEX (and similar methods applied in other games) are a way to circumvent that and allow for maximum inclusion possible of players, to be able to play within their means while generating income for the game provider - it is harnessing/channeling the desire of “wallet warriors” to gain in-game advantage or advancement/shortcuts (taking the RMT away from the grey/black market) and using that to bolster the health of the game through larger server population - which in turn can improve player retention of financially directly-contributing subscribers and “wallet warriors” - these two player subsets NEED each other, and if either is pushed out, the whole suffers.

1 Like

This still going on? Twisted. Plex, the golden standard of cocaine based soylent green.

[quote=“Felyx_Ravencroft, post:82, topic:11604, full:true”]

Except that the 50c/day costing means very different things to different people[/quote]

Which remains completely irrelevant. 50mm of rain is still just 50mm of rain, whether it falls on the ocean or the desert.

1 Like

Total rubbish, PLEX price has been rising for years and at no time has it been “stable”. It’s easy to assume the price it was when you started playing is the stable original price but it isn’t. PLEX has always gotten more expensive and will continue to do so, people have always complained and theory-crafted and they too will continue to do so.

This is normality, these “EvE is Dying / PLEX is very Expensive” threads have been echoing in the void for many years in one form or another. Better to accept that PLEX is supposed to be a luxury and not a right, hence too expensive for many to afford and rightly so :parrotmustache:

3 Likes

Here is how you make plex prices lower… Ready?

1. Buy as many plex as you cna form the market, you buy them all or you buy lots over time.

2. you place the plex back on the market at a loss.

3. Congrads, you just drove down plex prices.

or

1. you buy plex with real money, as much as you can

2. you put them on the market at an extreme discount

3. repeat 1-2 untill plex stays low (as first you will get your plex gobbled up and back on the market for higher money)

In other words, players set the price for plex, so what do you expect ccp to do about it? Aurum is not coming back, and one single currency for skins and other real life money buying stuff is a benefit.

1 Like

oh wait, 3rd option:
don;t buy your sub with plex. use real a subscription

or 4) don;t be poor.

in a system where with enough isk you can max out a character… Nope no actual advantage there…

Try to find ways to enjoy the game as Alpha

Thats the think :slight_smile:

1 Charfarm needs 2 Plex per month ( 1x Subscription + 1x for 4 Extractors)
For the value which was traded only in Jita you need 50.000 Charfarms (only in jita/region)
Thats are 100.000 Plex only for the Charfarms, thats not a demand of players just a Cashcow of ccp.
After the ghost training Chars also needs a Subscription…

unpatch the F. injectors and the price will sink. But the active Chars will also be devided :smiley: Bad for CCP :smiley:

ps: rip eve :slight_smile:

1. Keep the “Alpha” program as what it is: an unlimited time trial.

2. Keep PLEX as a replacement for Aurum for cash shop purchases.

3. Make subscriptions and skill injectors purchasable with cash only.

Otherwise, watch the game sink into oblivion as the economy crashes and burns, the gameplay becomes a joke, and the players leave.

And I say this as an Alpha player.

Or make capital skills not injectable. All capital skills from spaceship command to capital guns to capital repairs to excavator drone operation, maybe even capital ship construction and fleet support skills.

1 Like

PLEX enables people who have more money than time to pay subscriptions for people who have more time than money. This is a significant source of income for CCP.

Try to understand the processes before making pronouncements.

2 Likes

I understand the process just fine. The process is deeply flawed. At the very least, injectors need to be cash purchasable only. PLEX needs to be either sub time or cash shop currency, making it both has also driven the prices up due to even more plex needed than usual. Right now, noone is buying PLEX and those who have PLEX are hoarding it, waiting for the prices to skyrocket to their satisfaction. So CCP isn’t making squat right now because of this.

And who do you think is going to be buying PLEX at 3-4 BILLION ISK, which is where I see the current rise heading quite easily. The Alpha players that CCP created the program for in hopes of getting more paying players? No Alpha ios ever going to make 2 BILLION ISK a month, much less 3 or 4. So the Alpha program has been effectively neutered by PLEX.

Wanna bet? At these prices, people selling plex are capitalising. Last week I made a cool 10bil in about 30 seconds thanks to my credit card. You aren’t their accountant though, so you really have no clue what their finances are like.

On paper, anyone can be worth 955 million with some creative ledgering. And that value is projected by CCPs owners. What the real value is will be determined in negotiations.

The big fear is are all the EVE players playing to the Devs to work other projects.

I don’t think this is a bad thing. I would like CCP to have their finger in the VR pie so to speak. This coming back around and undermining EVE community would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Is CCP that stupid I don’t think so.

EVE should get some VR dog fighting and actual first person planet exploration / conquest that would be wicked awesome.

As for EVE PLEX debacle I said my soultions as follows:

1. Have PLEX investment events where players can plow PLEX in to CCP via zero value principle dividends fund. Dividend can be only paid when CCP is profitable.

2. PLEX Vaults should cap at a certain value. IF you have XXX,XXX PLEX you have do some jumping around my friend.

3. More PLEX exchange activities such as selling naming rights on the overviews through PLEX trading VIA players.

4. Bounty system for wardec I offer X,XXX PLEX to the corp that wardec’s XYZ corp and kills the most ISK in assets.

5. Hostile take over of corps. If your CEO hasn’t logged in a year 1,000 PLEX imitates a take over. Assets appraised in PLEX then become the reserve for the CORP to actually be in a position to be taken over. Open bidding for shares in the company in PLEX. Then XYZ corp CEO logs in to find a bunch of PLEX thanks for doing business.

Do I have any keepers?

Why would anyone buy plex in game anyway? You can earn enough for a one month’s subscription working for 30 minutes IRL, if that. What can I do in game to earn enough ISK to buy a plex that quickly. Why would anyone grind to buy plex in game?

PLEX prices will drop only when in game demand drops. Of course this might mean many players having their accounts lapse to Alpha status, that is for those relying on in game PLEX purchases.

Or, if there is a sudden sell of PLEXes by hoarders or outside game PLEX purchases increase to sell for in game ISK.

It’s probably going to go to 4M ISK before resistance is tested.