New high sec NPCS killing players in strong ships at stations

I think I got extremely unlucky. Went afk a while, waiting for spawn, come back to find myself in a pod. It was a group of kestrel npcs, in white names. My standings are neutral. They were attacking anyone at that station.

Hi-sec is dangerous enough with CODE and other gankers killing players. I can accept what happened. But if stuff like this gets moved to the belts, I would begin to wonder if they are intentionally trying to drive subscriptions down.

8 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @Rayn_Strife

Well since CCP refuses to release any details about FOBs i have to make assumptions.

Im not going to waste my limited game time with testing PvE content that has abymsal rewards.

Who here have done Gurista FOB?

You don’t have to. I like those “find out yourself stuff”.

The null-sec cartel forced CCP to keep him around. He would leave if not for the cartels preventing him.

2 Likes

stronk

1 Like

This is awesome. So since I have high empire standings, Navy ships will come and help me right?

I mean if having bad standings makes one group attack me, having good standing would have the other group help defend me. Could add a button to request reinforcements from friendly NPC forces.

This is assuming they are trying to have standings actually mean something.

2 Likes

What is the reaction by Concord and local navy to these attacks?

1 Like

:popcorn:

11 Likes

What do these npcs drop?
Up to 10m-potentially 1b isk in bling loot that you might get off a pvp kill?
If they’re as a bothersome and strong as real players they should offer equal rewards.

Apart from that this is an exceedingly stupid idea that will be removed. No one wants harder pve. People want more lucrative pve.

Just a thought, has the NPE been updated to warn new players that dropping their standing too far in missions will bring such trouble? And that pirates will now hunt you if you go AFK?

No one. 99.9999% of players will never see or interact with one. They were wasted dev time like all the new npc stuff has been.

And social interaction does not and will never necessitate joining a big corp. You can have just as meaningful and fun experiences and social interaction outside a corp, and I argue you can have better social interaction there than in a corp because you are not bound to the same people when it comes to certain playstyles and you can decide when and how much interaction you really want and need. Forcing people to interact or even into a big corp is not what social interaction means.

Regarding the actual topic: I hope these new NPC soon start to hunt players in Sov Null sec as well. That is where the largest atrocities against their corps and groups take place.

6 Likes

Quick questions for clarification: What is your direct standing with Guristas? (rumor has it the new npcs are part of a separate corp identity and that is why they show up as white on UI). How long do you think you were afk? Have you heard or seen any pointing by them? Thanks for posting and sorry for your loss. I’m beginning to think this new content is an attempt by CCP to reduce afking and perhaps, BOB willing, all the darn bots as well.

There’s another source of unsubs: Players who joined a corp as everyone told them to and then suffered from toxic management, toxic corpmates, corp drama, corp responsibilities, constant cta’s, endless wardecs, etc.

Fine to encourage players to try joining a corp, but don’t kick them out of the sandbox if they’re happier doing their own thing.

10 Likes

What is your exact standings with Guristas? If it really is 0 then it seems like a bug and you should try petitioning CCP.

Of course, if you’ve run missions you could easily have negative standings and it makes sense they would attack you.

Rayn’s loss does suck no doubt, however you look at it,

Many haulers afk haul specifically staying in HS space to ensure safer(not safe) passage. I can see this potentially being a problem. I also have zero issue with these pilots afk hauling, mainly due to the slow nature of freighters. The need for freighter pilots is very real. I have used freighting services ALOT. This is why you insure your freight. In the end its the pilots choice to go AFK and risk his ship and freight. be it any sized hauler.

I am actually curious what happened to Concord. I have not see that being discussed yet or if so I missed that reply. If this happened in HS, Concord should have been on gate, if they were not on the gate once they started attacking the Orca Concord should have arrived quite quickly. Concord is the only thing making HS safe, well that in conjunction with NPC Corporations.

They’re pirates. They attack people for profit. It’s what they do. There is no reasons they should confine themselves to only attack capsuleers with an anti-pirate history.

The real question is whether they will leave alone anyone with positive Guristas standings. Attacking their friends wouldn’t make much sense. Given the mining NPCs do seem to help those that have positive standings to them, perhaps these guys will as well. I wonder if a) you can rep these NPCs, and b) if you would get a suspect flag for repping them while they are attacking another capsuleer?

For the first time in a while I feel the urge to do some traditional PvE and head down to Venal and run the Guristas Epic Arc to get some standing with them.

CONCORD only regulates combat between immortal capsuleers, not between the mere human pirates or empires. If they did, any mission would be trivial as you could just warp in to a mission and get the pirates to aggress you and let CONCORD wipe them out.

Besides, highsec isn’t safe and CONCORD only shows up to extract some vengeance after a criminal act. Whether it is player or NPC pirates, it is your responsibility to protect your ship and stop it from exploding and losing your stuff. Who knows, maybe the Caldari Navy did show up after the Orca exploded and dealt with the Guristas? I doubt it, because as we know, the Empires are losing their grip and all that, but maybe.

3 Likes

No way i’m going to help another group of farmers to farm ISK in safety of high-sec :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes