Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Kick Waffe.

Oh my dog, no. But you know what’s the worst? Senior FCs on fleets they’re not running. I swear, sometimes I think there’s a ‘how can we piss off Arrendis?’ game going on among the FCs, and they’re trying to see if they can pod me through sheer blood pressure.

2 Likes

Every time someone tries to rationalize the fact they’re an egregious tire-fire of ratshit garbage, I want to either laugh or die. I usually can’t pick which.

5 Likes

This … seems like it could be about a few different things, or people, Charles.

It seems like a lot of us could be considered tire-fires of ratshit garbage by someone, and most of us (with some exceptions) don’t feel like we’re really bad people, so…

1 Like

No, I just find it tiresome when people need to reevaluate political realities every few days before remembering we don’t want to conquer the State.

1 Like

I’m the one true tire-fire of ratshit garbage here, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees.

4 Likes

For some reason I just love this phrase. It’s a pile of things that usually annoy me-- cuteness as something inherently unserious; small size and emotional pain as reasons to dismiss someone.

I somehow like it anyway. (Hm. Maybe less now that I’ve spelled all that out.)

(It wasn’t spoken to me, if you’re wondering.)

2 Likes

Don’t currently want to conquer the state. You cannot prevaricate on this Aldrith, you know as well as I do the broad mission statement of the reclamation.

4 Likes

Me too. I suspect narcotic use, or possibly it is Ottom in disguise.
Either way, I’m still docked in station, and look nothing like the capsuleer in that pic.

Oh, the irony.

Likewise, thank you for demonstrating your debate skills. It is rare that someone can make it clear to me how to value their words in a few short posts. Namas.

I’m surprised to see you write this. I guess I must conclude you think CONCORD is alright with what we do in Origin. Also…

I guess you think CONCORD was perfectly fine with how the Wandering Saint was piloted in its final moments, or they just don’t give a damn about what happens in Malkalen.

4 Likes

I think CONCORD action against private capsuleers is a whole lot less paperwork and ‘mother may I?’ than action against literally a Fed Navy hero at the head of the Federation fleet. Didn’t take a lot of delay for ‘crap, fire the burner’ to take too long to stop the ship.

1 Like

Do yourselves all a favour.

You are immortal now, or something close to it. Take only those like you as lovers. And I don’t mean “don’t ever sleep with a baseliner.” Do that if you want. In fact, it’s probably best if you indulge in a lot of casual sex that you do it with baseliners. Indiscretions with baseliners are less likely to lose you ISK.

What I mean is only let yourself fall in love with someone who’s as close to immortal as you are. I’m not even going to get into the temporal pontificating on how a human lifetime is a blink of an eye for us because - for most of us - it isn’t. Most of us have been immortal for less than twenty years. Yes, if this whole immortality business works out for us, eventually a single human lifetime will be the blink of an eye, but there’s no telling how long we’ll actually live or whether baseliners won’t eventually have the same advantage we do.

What I’m saying is that we can die a theoretically unlimited number of times. Most baseliners die once, and then they’re gone. And loving something that fragile is beautiful, but it’s so terribly, terribly sad. And if you want to be a successful capsuleer, you’re going to want to avoid sadness as much as you can. There are many emotions that are useful to you - anger, joy, even spite. Sadness isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

Wise words. Too bad the “immortal” dating pool is laughably limited, and, the best ones are always already taken. And yes I am a monogamist, shoot me.

3 Likes

On a vaguely related note, I find it fascinating and terrifying in equal measure that the vast majority of us aren’t even past half of one standard human lifetime of living yet and we’re already getting more tired of life than most baseliners are.

Immortality sure isn’t what I thought it’d be.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far. Most baseliners have something to aspire to. Incidentally, all capsuleers have been baseliners. Capsuleer technically has achieved everything a typical planet dwelling human would want - money, fame, stable life if they do not choose some of the shadier trades, and the long fabled technological immortality to boot. If I had to guess that makes a lot of people jaded after a while.

While I don’t usually agree with Ms. Gesagaarin on anything, she truly has nailed something that many others haven’t in their immortal lives yet, here:

2 Likes

No, we’re not. We’re nothing like immortal, only our memories are. Your life will end. My life will end. If history is any judge, my life will end probably in the next week or so. And then someone else will step into my life, with all of my memories and all of my assets, wearing my face… and I’ll be forgotten. Just like the woman whose life I stepped into, and the hundred or so of ‘me’ before her. Everyone else will still have an Arrendis around, but it won’t be me. I’ll have died, and had my brain fried at the moment of death so they don’t have to be inconvenienced by my death.

We’re not immortal. We’re disposable. It’s us, not the baseliners, who are gone in the blink of an eye. You point out that they die once… but at least they live. What do we do?

4 Likes

Wow way to go super dark there Arrendis.

3 Likes

Also, does @kul_Shaishi ever sleep?

1 Like

What can I say, I’m a ray of sunshine!

A ray of sunshine unfiltered by any ozone layer or UV filters, searing radiation burns into skin, eyes, soft tissue… :thinking: You know, when you think about it, dark isn’t so bad, by comparison.

and no, I don’t think she does.

3 Likes

I do sleep

5 Likes

Well, most. There are instances in which people don’t know anything else, so life is bright and full of fascinating things to discover.

Mostly in the sphere of applied mathematics, but still…

1 Like

Sure, people can be rather interesting and engaging. Capsuleers on the other hand are usually quite typical insofar as most I’ve met seem to have the personality chosen by blindfolding someone and having them throw darts at pages from a psychology DSTM and see which random collection of conditions they exist with are.

3 Likes