phpBB 3.2 EVE SSO / ESI extension [beta]

Ok. The test is working. Now do I switch the authorization to evesso?

in the ACP under Client Communication -> Authentication From the method dropdown above your client id secretā€¦ select evesso and hit submit.

Hey ok so in terms of my self and most of the others that asked for scopes adding I know I asked specifically for it to store to database so that we can gather information and present it for the corp ceos and alliance diplomats.

In terms of being allowed to use the information gathered as long as you make the users aware before registration what information you are gathering and why you are fine, the scopes show when they do the SSO login aswell to clarify what data you are actually gathering.

But the whole point off adding the extra scopes was to store the data into the database so that it can later be parsed and presented in a redable format for other services and features of the forums.

When would their be an update that stores the information gained from the additional scopes into the database?

And can you add the new personal and corporate mining ledger scopes to the auth request aswell please.

If you can get back to me regarding the scope data being stored id be more than happy to help with testing and compensate you with some isk in eve for your efforts.

All this work is really appreciated and I thankyou massively as it has saved my self and im guessing a lot of other people a huge amount of work to make fantastic forums that can actually gather user data to make various tools for use by the diplomats.

Quick questionā€¦ how would corp users log in to TS3 ? is there a bridge or an eve SSO for TS3 ?

Seeing as this mod can create TS3 groups for corps how would the corps userā€™s login ts3 and be in the right group? just donā€™t see any info about this.

thx for your time

This mod does not add TS groups, it only assigns users to existing groups. People connect to your TS server, look up their unique user id and enter it in their phpbb forum profile to get added to groups, thats it. Once they leave Corp/alliance, the cron job will revoke their teamspeak groups.

Iā€™ll see what can be done and keep you updated.

thankyou muchly. what files are needed to be hosted on ts3 server for the auto assign of roles etc aswell please?

None. You only need to enter your ServerQuery Admin password in the extension settings and if your ts3 server is a different one than your forum server, you should add your phpbb server to your ts servers query whitelist. (See here: https://tserverhq.com/clients/knowledgebase/133/How-do-I-add-an-IP-to-my-TeamSpeak-Whitelist.html)

Is it possible to create an auditor? For directors to check members before they accept the application, like api jackknifeā€¦

Ok so i just patched the plugin so I could see what scopes you added as optionalsā€¦

can these all be options please:

corporationContactsRead
publicData
corporationWalletRead
corporationAssetsRead
corporationMedalsRead
corporationFactionalWarfareRead
corporationIndustryJobsRead
corporationKillsRead
corporationMembersRead
corporationMarketOrdersRead
corporationStructuresRead
corporationShareholdersRead
corporationContractsRead
corporationBookmarksRead
esi-search.search_structures.v1
esi-universe.read_structures.v1
esi-corporations.read_corporation_membership.v1

characterLocationRead
characterStatsRead
characterContactsRead
characterLocationRead
characterWalletRead
characterAssetsRead
characterKillsRead
characterMailRead
characterMarketOrdersRead
characterNotificationsRead
characterSkillsRead
characterAccountRead
characterContractsRead
characterBookmarksRead
characterChatChannelsRead
characterClonesRead
corporationAssetsRead
fleetRead
esi-location.read_location.v1
esi-location.read_ship_type.v1
esi-mail.read_mail.v1
esi-skills.read_skills.v1
esi-skills.read_skillqueue.v1
esi-wallet.read_character_wallet.v1
esi-search.search_structures.v1
esi-clones.read_clones.v1
esi-characters.read_contacts.v1
esi-universe.read_structures.v1
esi-bookmarks.read_character_bookmarks.v1
esi-killmails.read_killmails.v1
esi-corporations.read_corporation_membership.v1
esi-assets.read_assets.v1
esi-planets.manage_planets.v1
esi-fleets.read_fleet.v1
esi-markets.structure_markets.v1
esi-characters.read_chat_channels.v1
esi-characters.read_standings.v1
esi-markets.read_character_orders.v1
esi-location.read_online.v1
esi-contracts.read_character_contracts.v1
esi-clones.read_implants.v1
esi-characters.read_fatigue.v1
esi-killmails.read_corporation_killmails.v1
esi-corporations.track_members.v1
esi-wallet.read_corporation_wallets.v1
esi-bookmarks.read_corporation_bookmarks.v1
esi-contracts.read_corporation_contracts.v1
esi-corporations.read_standings.v1
esi-corporations.read_starbases.v1
esi-industry.read_corporation_jobs.v1
esi-markets.read_corporation_orders.v1
esi-industry.read_character_mining.v1
esi-industry.read_corporation_mining.v1
esi-planets.read_customs_offices.v1
esi-corporations.read_facilities.v1
esi-characters.read_titles.v1
esi-alliances.read_contacts.v1

Sorry if their are any duplicates I was gathering information from the various applications sso scopes I have setup for testing stuff previously.

Obviously each scope needs to store the data in a seperate row within the database that is relevant to the scope call of course, for any ones that receive no data back or the user doesnt have permissions to view the specific requested scope then it should store in database with NULL or NOPERM or some thing along those lines so then those that return no data can be filtered out when parsing the various information into viewable charts/tables etc.

Whatever I will implement will be visible in the ACP so basically to forum admins. Adding another level of access would require too much changes in phpbbs base behaviour Iā€™m afraid. Also this extension is not intended to do entire background screens but instead to grant forum access to people already in corp. I can add basic checks for those but the whole approval is outside of the scope.

You can aready add those yourself by adding them to the classes/class.constants.php file. I can add most of them for the next release but I wonā€™t add the ones without esi- (they will vanish soon anyway). However the max number of scopes you can request using SSO is limited because the URL might get too long. Just try what does still work.

Ok if you focus on just the esi ones then i can work with that if any information is missing ill put a dev request in for the scope to be added to the new esi system if it was a non esi originally, and do you have any ETA on the next release please just so I can plan ahead to know when to start coding the parsing side of things.

I think what you suggested about adding all that information obtained via the scopes to the database is not feasible. It would slow down the cronjob a lot and basically would only work reasonable for small corps/alliances. The right way to do this would be to use the refreshToken and gather the required information on the fly. If you wanna code your own site displaying that information, use the refresh token stored in the DB and in a first step, verify the scopes and then query whatever needs to be displayed.

im not that good at code to do that extra stuff, and those scopes are only going to be used by certain corps/alliances not everyone is going to apply every scope but having them all available means for those that do want to use them its an option

i will speak with my cousin he is a programemr and see what he says in terms of using the refresh token to get teh information as required (altho for a lot of stuff its better to have it stored and only store it if it has changed since the last one) he is very reluctant to get involved with the coding on the website though hence the need for a plugin :stuck_out_tongue: haha giving us the option to tick a box to store scope information to database would be good aswell as then people that dont need to store the data can turn off storing it but still call extra scopes to manipulate the information as its called

i have asked him to take a look but he is slow at doing any thing due to irl stuff, is their any time frame on when you will add in more scopes and the option to store scope data to database?

Sorrs no ETA on that. Also, as I said, just dumping all that information into the database for an entire alliance is not feasible, instead it has to be accessed on demand using the refreshToken.

You said its not feasable for larger groups to get all the information on every dump and as i replied saying not every one will request all the data to be stored as every alliance/corp will require different player information than another other than the main core details.

You also said it wouldnt be viable method for any one but small groups and as the owner of a small group of around 70 pilots then the amount of data being stored is not as much.

At least offering the base scopes that you added to be stored to the database would be a start otherwise their was no reason to offer the additional scopes in the first place as every one that did request it requested for the extra scopes to be stored within the database.

Firstly, thank you so much for working on this. After running on Cyerusā€™s API mod for so long, I was waiting for a SSO solution for phpBB since the initial 3.1 release and just came across this script.

Can I just clarify a couple of things please.

Under extensions -> settings -> general settings -> avatar size : what avatar does this relate to? I was presuming this was a character Avatar, but there are no character Avatars showing on the forum (corp and alliance working fine).

This leads me to - does the script import character Avatars? If not, is there a way to implement this (sorry - Iā€™m not a programmer and still learning basic php).

Thanks in advance