Re: Assault Frigates, Assault Damage Control, and anything relevant

I wonder if they are using the re-balnced t1 frigs for baseline stats or just using the current stats for assault frigs. There should be no reason the AF t2 hull is worse in any fitting metric than the t1. If the Jags loses dps with this change in the final iteration…

1 Like

Just another example of :psyccp: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

At this point if they copy paste the t1 redone frig stats onto the t2 it may be a buff…

1 Like

The description of the jaguar suggests that its now build by Core complexion instead if thukker mix, i wonder if its going to get a new skin to reflect this

1 Like

I logged in one of my characters who flies a Wolf to see what they had done to it when I got home from work. The answer is absolutely nothing - no change from what’s on TQ. Hawk and Retribution also look pretty much unchanged though I didn’t log those pilots in to make sure. Could be the Jaguar changes were deployed to the test server first because it is getting a new weapon system.

1 Like

CCP is introducing the new “we won’t tell if you don’t” policy.

And for the purpose of information, I posted that here:

Is a bug where the bonuses do not apply correctly.

And another bug is when you used your assault damage control, you cannot turn off your mwd.

1 Like

The Retribution had a 7.5% energy turret tracking bonus → 5% rate of fire bonus.

1 Like

Subtle - I was wondering why my Retribution fit was cap stable on TQ but depletes in 4 minutes on Singularity. ROF bonus gives a nice DPS bump - 185.9 compared to 139 but chews up more cap. I also seem to have picked up 2 tf CPU - not sure where it’s coming from, the ship has the same amount but I’m using less. I can fit the assault DCU II on this one so I’ll give that a try tomorrow.

1 Like

At this point i have to ask myself if CCP genuinely hates the Rifter hull.

I just came back to the game and saw the Rifter treatment … it went from 2nd rate frigate, always passed over for some better options, to no tier frigate (seriously … close range brawler with no utility slot and no tracking bonus :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Breacher costs nothing, can do 185 dps with drones, full selectable damage types and you can push the shields to 2500 with masb or 2100+ with just MSE.

A special tactical mod would help but the bigger problem on the jag is the slot layout and low dps.
In the current meta, you either need absolute control over engagement range so it’s all a game of who has more base speed and mids, or you need gank.
The jag in the state it is on SISI has the former, but it seriously lacks the latter.
Why not make it 4/4/3 with 1 utility slot, let it use rockets and get most of it’s dps from a pure damage bonus instead of a rof bonus (more overload friendly this way), while pushing it to about 180-200 dps with rage rockets, 1 bcu and no overload ?

PS: Can you give the Wolf a lazer bonus pls … so we can have all rifter hulls wrecked in one form or another. :frowning:

1 Like

Another mini boat turned to lamedari RIP

1 Like
1 Like

Only if the Hawk and Vengeance get a 300% damage bonus.

1 Like

It is implied that with damage mod and maxed skills, implants even.

Also, Hawk actually has good dps, gets about 260 with rage and 1 damage mod, no implants and the 2nd bcs is actually doable.

As for the Vengeance, that thing has never had good dps … it shines with range control and insane tank.

1 Like

So basically Jag is a Hawk but with a third low.

Meh.

1 Like

Yep.

And now the assault damage control became even more useless but with a green cross inside.

+75% shield, armor and hull resistance for 13, 15 and 16 seconds - weeeh

2 Likes

but at 1/2 the dps

1 Like

Jag has received a drone bay. 20 cubic meters storage with 10mbps. this raises the DPS to 175 with Rage rockets and one BCS.

Now all that’s left is to increase its CPU a bit more and we have a winner \o/

Guess we can bling fit for that cpu or implants.

Are the assault frig changes also coming on February 13th along with the structure changes?

Couldn’t find that info

It’s in the video they released on the launcher so probably yes, also it seems they are not changing HAC’s yet which is good that needs more time.

1 Like