September release - General feedback

We are excited to announce the deployment of the EVE Online September release.

Please use this thread for general feedback.

Quick info

New skills in preparation for moon mining overhaul
New firing effects
Market ticker
Patch notes with details
EVE Updates with high level info

Information threads

Release issue reporting (PC)
General feedback and issues (Mac)

Additional info

This release brings a host of visual overhauls including improved firing effects and debris texture renovation. We also see new skills in preparation for the moon mining changes coming with EVE Online: Lifeblood on October 24th so that pilots can prepare for new moon mining and reactions mechanics. A new, optional market ticker is available, as well as several improvements to the new player experience, including new audio samples and updates to text and visuals.

In addition to this, we see several small and useful improvements as well as bug fixes.

3 Likes

New skills in preparation for moon mining overhaup

overhaup.

:blush:

:hushed:

2 Likes

Your new forum sucks

any word on next batch of alliance logos?

1 Like

your inability to change sucks.

1 Like

Great Work now the launcher is broken. Every time I try to log in my name goes green like it should then goes back to white and the game never opens…

4 Likes

The Corporate Police Force agent in the Hysera system, Cale Greys, has had his agent level lowered from 5 to 4.

I wonder what the reason for that move was.

2 Likes

Your inability to see bad changes sucks.

Try rebooting the pc, it works fine to me. Every now and then after some maintenances the launcher freaks out on me, a reboot solves it usually.

@CCP_Phantom NPE is looking good, loved how it explains how to grab ammo, which is one of the much needed things to be put in the tutorial

@Abyss Azizora Your inability to recognize opinions on the internet and personal taste of people sucks.

3 Likes

Nope Reboot did not fix whatever they did to break the launcher. My name turns green but the game window never opens.

1 Like

Try clearing the cache.

1 Like

What’s the point of this ticker if it does not show regional prices? PLEX cost 3.069M in Citadel, but the ticker shows 3.005M. For instance.

3 Likes

Ok guys great work as usual.
Two main points

1. New Skill books pricing - WOW a little over the top IMO
  2. Can we turn the market ticker off. If it is of no use to me then whats the point. Looks pretty but no functionality if it doesnt display prices in my region.

Then may I suggest that there is an option to display prices for a particular region.

3 Likes

Not turn it off, but you can hide it with the triangle in the lower right hand corner of the market window.

3 Likes

Thanks now hidden. Does it still try and load the info which makes market info appear slower. Live in Aussie - internet is â– â– â– â– 

1 Like

The only hint i’ve found is this post:

Apparently people from “Snuffed out” farmed this agent.

2 Likes

Maybe they broke YOUR launcher itentionally to farm your salt!

Seriously though, wait for a minute after your name turns green. If nothing happens, open the “Server List”, see if you can start and login from there. If that doesn’t work either, run network diagnostics, open the task manager of your OS (top for Linux etc.) and check if after hitting “play” another process opens or not. If you run on very low memory or your harddrive is full this might be another source of problem.

1 Like

Thanks CCP for making the new moon skill books affordable and priced correctly.

great job.

1 Like