Yellow parasol šŸ’¬

Youā€™re standing on the beach with your arms out,flailing them wildly. Screaming,trying to hold the tide back. Its an unrewarding task and no one can hear you over the din. How do I know? This happens to every MMO that goes f2p. I played another mmo for a decade. Lol no it wasnā€™t WoW. It was great for a few years and I saw the changes before they actually occurred. I too trumpeted the same horn and no one really gave a ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Another death blow was/is Steam. They destroy existing communities by placing a train station for the special train. Each train car has its own social disfunction,seats already labeled. Its even equipped with heated seats and free promos for stops along the train line. I know that sounds harsh but its so true. Endless free accounts,then set up the multiboxing farmers. Today ā€œthatā€ game has open adverts for out of game purchases,for ingame currency. Which by the way hadnā€™t happened for over 6 years pryor. I smile when I go to that gameā€™s forums and see dozens of threads/post with complaints of the chat being spammed with offers to buy the bot-farmed currency. A negative by product imo was the the vets,if you will,didnā€™t like the influx and one by one they mostly all left for other pastures.

Whats left? A player base that doesnā€™t know the game they play. Its developers move through the revolving door and most of donā€™t know much it about also. Same things happened as here. Old legacy code gets replaced. The new iterations are always screwed up. Yet the train keep making stops and new players throw out cash,for a while. That MMO layed off over 80% of its staff in the last 3 years. Development is nearly gone,except for store purchases that range from cosmetics to out right p2w options. What content that is released is just an abomination.

Today most f2p games are careers for the lazy and socially inept. Real money is the driving force. Loads of cash are being made in a way that likely violates laws in every country. I have had a suspicion for some time,that some gaming companies know and even endorse these actions. Deals are brokered and revenue is dispersed. After all,no gaming company has the resources to chase down every website offering items or currency for gaming,to charge the violators. Incorporate is far less costly than to expatriate.

This game with Plex and its interchangeability is no exception to this. It is susceptible to the same corruption as any other f2p MMO.

The gaming world has changed. The honest,work for your rewards are part of a closing era. Whether,you or I like it or not. The addiction (To the pixels and cash) is strong and no stick is required. The blinders are on and only the carrot matters. When the train whistle blows,they flock to it like a soup line during the Great Depression. The rest of us get stuck smelling the trash left behind.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve experienced the very same - also not in WoW, Aion, in my case, to be specific - I donā€™t play it anymore, not for some years, nowā€¦

5/10

But nice piece of comedy yellow

I almost fell off the chair :joy::joy::joy:

Too late if seriousā€¦Eve was a thing not any more its a hollow sinking ship that fanboys gonna struggle to keep up til the last day kissing Hilmar boots and trowing money at him.

Feels good man being Alpha ā€¦until that is when you realize your battleship will cap drain it self by a single afterburner alone and your frig cant establish 30km afterburner orbit going whooping 600ms.

When company fail FTP modelā€¦i donā€™t even.

Instead max core skills t2 gear and T1 ships up until Battleships racially locked no pirate stuff so new comers and old can plow thru EVE full blast and have fun so they can decide will they spring their wallets for T2/3 ships industry capitals and many more they get to sitā€¦in a shiet fit machariels being goons F1 monkeys.

Alpha world problemsā€¦fells good man.

WTF is chat bubbleā€¦cancel that i donā€™t want to know.

1 Like

so you want everyone to do what they normally doā€¦ got it :wink:

had to add, over a speech bubble, really?? ffs hahahahaha

I have no idea whats going on here.

Do not forget this is a business in first place - IT people have to make a living. Actually it is bad always follow your customer base - it limits your progression. As a businessman you have to be inventive. If CCP sees F2P is the key to the future a way to make some money on the ā€œdying cowā€, they will do it. The future of gaming is Virtual Reality anyway. I played at my girlfriends place DOOM on Vive, the immersion is mindblowing. I dont like 3-D movies by the way, in cinema they make me nausea, but this is just a complete different experience. Just imagine a space game in VR where you as a capsuleer can fly a ship almost as a real fighter jet pilot and can interact with your enviroment in stations as so forth. The first company who will make such a game will have the same impact on the gaming market as CCP did when EVE came out.

Im not sure the reward outweighs the risk. But thats just me.

A bitter vet who does not play any more getting salty and dramatic over what are annoying speech bubbles that you canā€™t help but click when you donā€™t want to, seems to want to go all burn Jita over itā€¦

1 Like

I absolutely support that idea!

1 Like

Go to bed Hilmar.

2 Likes

That sounds great! CCP should get their VR team on it right away.

looks for CCPā€™s VR team
John-Travolta

8 Likes

Almost blew my beer out my nose.
GJ.

1 Like

Combine this years CES electric virtual reality suit, which simulates pressure and gives you pain by shocking you, with the ICAROS VR flight simulation in a adaptive enviroment and there you go.

Another thread for this isnā€™t needed, weā€™re aware of sentiments relating to the chat bubbles from some pilots, and feedback has been passed on to the relevant teams involved.

Spamming the forums with additional threads doesnā€™t achieve anything other than making them unusable for other people.

Closed.