Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
10 PagesPrevious page12345Next pageLast page
 

CSM 7 Spring Summit minutes progress

First post
Author
#41 - 2012-07-11 01:47:49 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Oh Goody, a bunch of FPS Sony players voting on the CSM. That would end well for EvE.


Well, they allowed YOU to vote..... Twisted

Yeah but that's just due to CSM6 inefficiency, the white paper for CSM elections does not say "Loonies may not vote"Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Amarr Empire
#42 - 2012-07-11 05:42:52 UTC
Will spoons be thrown about?
K162
#43 - 2012-07-11 16:10:32 UTC
Updated first post, we are down to 2 sessions, and Hans is already working on one of them. I also did a big editing pass on the minutes as a whole, and CCP has been approving them for NDA fairly quickly.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

District-85
#44 - 2012-07-11 16:12:37 UTC
Nice to see that there is progress in the process. If you could get someone form web design to change the order from past meeting minutes would be nice. Don't want to scroll five pages down to read the latest one in a few years Blink

The Meeting itself is made up of many subjects, you could do a more continuous information flow if you would publish them in those blocks. And it wouldn't hit the play-base with a bible sized book Smile
There is a good website where the meeting minutes could be posted like dev blogs and reviewing might get less bulky.
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2012-07-11 16:32:50 UTC
Two Step, could you mark items differently if they are done and approved for NDA?
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2012-07-11 23:54:00 UTC
Two step wrote:
Updated first post, we are down to 2 sessions, and Hans is already working on one of them. I also did a big editing pass on the minutes as a whole, and CCP has been approving them for NDA fairly quickly.


thanks for making this year easy to follow. any update on that last one? come on! we're so close! can't you release them one day at a time as they finish? if in order?

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

#47 - 2012-07-12 03:52:11 UTC
Thanks for the updates.

I'm right behind you

Amarr Empire
#48 - 2012-07-12 08:40:00 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Two step wrote:
Updated first post, we are down to 2 sessions, and Hans is already working on one of them. I also did a big editing pass on the minutes as a whole, and CCP has been approving them for NDA fairly quickly.


thanks for making this year easy to follow. any update on that last one? come on! we're so close! can't you release them one day at a time as they finish? if in order?

As much as I would love to start reading some now, I believe the minutes being released a piece at a time would be bad. It would be like an important conversation with someone that you were only able to talk to for a minute at a time. This meeting deserves to be presented in one big go for us to consume at once.

Man I'm hungry. Big smile
#49 - 2012-07-13 02:54:22 UTC
whao 2-3 more weeks, that is tough. Feels like the EVE skill queue waiting for the minutes to be released. Also excited for them, just checked the subjects being covered, makes it harder to wait. Hopefully a timely coma happens soon.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-07-13 02:56:30 UTC
There is just going to much information over load if all the minutes are released at once. Nothing gets the tinfoil hattery it will deserve.

Keeping the CSM in the spot light for some time

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

K162
#51 - 2012-07-13 14:26:28 UTC
We are down to just one session, because Trebor is awesome and did the art panel yesterday. Hans was over half done with that last session, so hopefully it will be finished up today. The NDA review shouldn't take too long, I think there is a good chance the minutes will be out next week.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Shadow Cartel
#52 - 2012-07-13 14:54:19 UTC
Yup, I'll have the last session finished up here today for sure. The UI session was quite long and I know you guys want to know exactly what they're thinking about implementing, especially since the UI was a feature that many have had some frustrations with recently. There's some very cool stuff in the works, but you guys deserve the details especially about the early concepts, so you can be as effective in your feedback as possible and prevent another Unified Inventory-style disappointment.

Thanks again to everyone for their patience, I hope you enjoy the results! You guys owe CCP Xhagen a big thanks as well, he's be right on top of this project the whole way, making sure each session begins its editing and approval path as soon as it rolls in.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

#53 - 2012-07-13 19:59:25 UTC
So ****, you guys should apply to EON magazine, with such fast writing. Thanks

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

It Burns When I'm PvPing
#54 - 2012-07-13 21:40:18 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
It's taken almost a month for you to get the first drafts of the minutes?


Absolutely. We're already at over 120 pages, and that's not even including all of the sessions so far. Everyone asked for more transparency, this comes of course at the cost of added time, as we're finding out. Cool



All this extra work due to a super secret nda is pretty crazy.

If ccp just did away with the nda they could just record the sessions release it on mp3 and be done with it. Actually I think they still could just delete the parts they feel are too secret for the players, and be done with it.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-07-14 00:02:23 UTC
oh oh... yes an edited MP3 of the minutes should be the next level of minute!!

Is sound editing would take 4 hours or work for 1 hour of editing that is without editing the NDA stuff.

Would be awsome but the minutes would not be out till Winter.



Poking fun here. I do appreciate the work you are doing, and I would not like to be in your shoes....

okay here is the bad Troll of the month....

With the amount of time the minutes are taking to get out the issue of NDA will be a mute point as we would have seen everything covered in the minutes.

okay putting tolly back under the bridge.

Keep up the solid work guys. Next CSM to out do you will have to do the minutes as an Audio file or a You tube presentation to tope you

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

It Burns When I'm PvPing
#56 - 2012-07-14 03:11:26 UTC
Gevlin wrote:
oh oh... yes an edited MP3 of the minutes should be the next level of minute!!

Is sound editing would take 4 hours or work for 1 hour of editing that is without editing the NDA stuff.

Would be awsome but the minutes would not be out till Winter.



Poking fun here. I do appreciate the work you are doing, and I would not like to be in your shoes....

okay here is the bad Troll of the month....

With the amount of time the minutes are taking to get out the issue of NDA will be a mute point as we would have seen everything covered in the minutes.

okay putting tolly back under the bridge.

Keep up the solid work guys. Next CSM to out do you will have to do the minutes as an Audio file or a You tube presentation to tope you


Huh? Just record the actual sessions. They are only a few hours each. Kick those out.

Record the minutes of the meetings??? What are you talking about?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

#57 - 2012-07-14 06:13:15 UTC
Is there no TextToSpeech tech ready yet for you folks to listen instead of reading?
I mean, this Siri thing can already talk and answer on your questions.. must be way easier just reading out sentences written by humans, no?

@CSM, good work!
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2012-07-14 15:31:38 UTC
On a marketing perspective for Current CSM>

The Next set of minutes, release section by section ie 1 per 2 days.

The amount of work involved to type out detailed minuets is causing a massive delay in their release. Making some tin foil hat wearers what the CSM is doing.

Bringing out the Minutes in chunks will keep the CSM in the front of the minds of the Players especially during this time when there has been 2 weeks of no dev blogs.

Also most of us Video game players have ADD and after 1 page its TLDR and all your work is gone for not.

So take a page from CCP , Don't make 1 big release, but several small one allowing the players to absorb it piece by piece.


(my crystal ball says there is too much information in the minutes and this will be the most quickly summarized minutes in CSM history TLDR)

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

It Burns When I'm PvPing
#59 - 2012-07-14 16:45:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Tres Farmer wrote:
Is there no TextToSpeech tech ready yet for you folks to listen instead of reading?
I mean, this Siri thing can already talk and answer on your questions.. must be way easier just reading out sentences written by humans, no?

@CSM, good work!



I'm not sure if this was directed to me but if so I am not really being clear. I am saying they should just record the actual meetings witth the devs and edit out the parts that they feel the players shouldn't hear. it would surely be much quicker, easier, more timely, and transparant than messing around with minutes months after the meeting.

personally I might listen to 2 or 3 sessions. Whatever intrests me.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

The Initiative.
#60 - 2012-07-14 19:26:19 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Tres Farmer wrote:
Is there no TextToSpeech tech ready yet for you folks to listen instead of reading?
I mean, this Siri thing can already talk and answer on your questions.. must be way easier just reading out sentences written by humans, no?

@CSM, good work!



I'm not sure if this was directed to me but if so I am not really being clear. I am saying they should just record the actual meetings witth the devs and edit out the parts that they feel the players shouldn't hear. it would surely be much quicker, easier, more timely, and transparant than messing around with minutes months after the meeting.

personally I might listen to 2 or 3 sessions. Whatever intrests me.


The problem there is the NDA parts aren't necessarily clearly defined and seperated from the OK parts.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

10 PagesPrevious page12345Next pageLast page
Forum Jump