EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jon Lander on vacation - CCP curled in fetal position, crying

First post
Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-15 16:14:38 UTC
Boy, we better hope nothing happens to this guy because it's becoming apparent that nothing happens without him around. Not to say that's a bad thing - he seems to be responsible for putting Eve back on the right path. But, oh my god, we seriously have to wait for him to get back before we have any new dev blogs? What sort of crazy **** is in some of these dev blogs that we need him to authorize it? Do the devs go batshit crazy with stupid ideas unless he polices them? Is there some pay to win dev blog laying around they've been dying to publish when he's not looking? CCP better put the mother of all life insurance policies on this guy because I don't think it can function without him.
#2 - 2012-07-15 16:20:52 UTC
Plus he's British... Big smile He just rules all over
#3 - 2012-07-15 16:32:56 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
Boy, we better hope nothing happens to this guy because it's becoming apparent that nothing happens without him around. Not to say that's a bad thing - he seems to be responsible for putting Eve back on the right path. But, oh my god, we seriously have to wait for him to get back before we have any new dev blogs? What sort of crazy **** is in some of these dev blogs that we need him to authorize it? Do the devs go batshit crazy with stupid ideas unless he polices them? Is there some pay to win dev blog laying around they've been dying to publish when he's not looking? CCP better put the mother of all life insurance policies on this guy because I don't think it can function without him.

What's ironical is that, with all the UI devblogs messing the publishing dates of all else, CCP should have a larger than usual publishing backlog.

That is, assuming the publishing guy is not on vacation w/o replacement.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

#4 - 2012-07-15 16:51:17 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:

this person is angry because in Europe peeps get like 4 weeks vacation in the summer... silly icelandic people thinking they deserve lots of sun and happiness...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

#5 - 2012-07-15 16:59:27 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
this person is angry because in Europe peeps get like 4 weeks vacation in the summer... silly icelandic people thinking they deserve lots of sun and happiness...

This poster is stupid because they misread the OP... silly illiterates, thinking they should be allowed to post on the EVE-O forums.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#6 - 2012-07-15 17:36:59 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:

6 and a half weeks of holiday per year here Blink

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

#7 - 2012-07-15 18:04:54 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

This poster is stupid because they misread the OP... silly illiterates, thinking they should be allowed to post on the EVE-O forums.

Yeah.. JL is the only one making vacation @ CCP during summer.. riiiiight

Probably 50% of staff will be on leave for 2-4 weeks each over a period of 8-10 weeks.. no wonder 'nothing' is happening
The Initiative.
#8 - 2012-07-15 19:34:24 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:

Uh, the rest of CCP are on holiday too?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-07-15 19:35:12 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:

39 days for me this year \o/

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

#10 - 2012-07-15 19:53:26 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:

I wish I got four weeks vacation Sad

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

C C P Alliance
#11 - 2012-07-15 21:11:14 UTC
Tres Farmer wrote:
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

Probably 50% of staff will be on leave for 2-4 weeks each over a period of 8-10 weeks.. no wonder 'nothing' is happening

Pretty much this. This happens every year, there's nothing particularly special about 2012 in that regard Smile
Lin-Young Borovskova
#12 - 2012-07-15 21:16:46 UTC
Can't stop bïtching and moaning heh? Lol

brb

Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-07-15 22:06:05 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Tres Farmer wrote:
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

Pretty much this. This happens every year, there's nothing particularly special about 2012 in that regard Smile

I hope you all have wonderful refreshing vacations and come back ready to kick butt for the Winter Expansion. Drink a few extraordinarily fine ales for me.

Tactical destroyers... I'll take a dozen Gallente, please.

Mercenary Coalition
#14 - 2012-07-15 22:08:31 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Tres Farmer wrote:
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

Doesnt the world end this year or something tho?

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Vae. Victis.
#15 - 2012-07-15 22:17:15 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Tres Farmer wrote:
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

Doesnt the world end this year or something tho?

All the more reason to get that vacation time in NOW!

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

#16 - 2012-07-15 22:58:25 UTC
I have it on good authority that the UK was having trouble sourcing enough security guards to cover the Olympics, and were considering deploying the army. But then someone realised that Jon Lander was on holidays from Iceland and back in the UK, so the whole country can now relax knowing that they're well guarded.

When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks under the bed for Jon Lander.

Jon Lander doesn't sleep. He waits.
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-07-15 23:53:50 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:

I need you to roll from your cubicle over to Jon Lander's palacial office (well deserved) - you don't even have to stand up just roll on your chair - then turn on his IBM supercomputer and select the entire queue of dev blogs and approve them all for publishing. Yes, that includes Soundwave's.
RvB - BLUE Republic
#18 - 2012-07-16 01:56:24 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Tres Farmer wrote:
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

Right on - this happens every year... Lol
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-07-16 02:05:12 UTC
Only because we've tolerated it. We've been too lenient.