Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page
 

[Proposal] - Forum interface addition to the new Bounty Hunting system coming in Retribution

First post
Author
Shadow Cartel
#1 - 2012-10-01 02:18:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Jagerblitzen
Many forum communities have a "Like / Dislike" option for their postings. Reddit has an "upvote / downvote" system.

CCP has traditionally shied away from this approach, wanting to maintain a "positive" environment. So let's take this in a constructive direction, and create something that is much more unique and very much in the spirit of what EVE Online is all about.

We on the CSM have already talked with CCP about this, and if we can demonstrate strong player demand for the feature than all the better:

I am suggesting we post a new interface on the EVEgate forums - In addition to "Like" and "Report", a new button be added that allows players to "Place a Bounty" onto forum posters that deserve Retribution.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

Maybe this will need to involve CREST (The new read / write API system). If so, than all the more reason to garnish some massive public support here. Opening up the CREST interface in order for you guys to be able to create more tools for character and corporation management has been an ongoing objective of CSM7's. If popular demand for this feature dovetails nicely with the need to release CREST to the players, all the more reason to lend your voice to the cause here.

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.

o7

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-10-01 02:23:38 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Many forum communities have a "Like / Dislike" option for their postings. Reddit has an "upvote / downvote" system.

CCP has traditionally shied away from this approach, wanting to maintain a "positive" environment. So let's take this in a constructive direction, and create something that is much more unique and very much in the spirit of what EVE Online is all about.

We on the CSM have already talked with CCP about this, and if we can demonstrate strong player demand for the feature than all the better:

I am suggesting we post a new interface on the EVEgate forums - In addition to "Like" and "Report", a new button be added that allows players to "Place Bounty" instead.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

Maybe this will need to involve CREST (The new read / write API system). If so, than all the more reason to garnish some massive public support here. Opening up the CREST interface in order for you guys to be able to create more tools for character and corporation management has been an ongoing objective of CSM7's. If popular demand for this feature dovetails nicely with the need to release CREST to the players, all the more reason to lend your voice to the cause here.

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.

o7


What is a "+Rep / Kill Yourself" toggle for 200, Alex?
K162
#3 - 2012-10-01 02:34:20 UTC
If there was a place bounty on Hans's ugly mug, I would have just pressed it. Seriously, I support this proposal.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

RvB - BLUE Republic
#4 - 2012-10-01 02:34:32 UTC
Yes yes please yes.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-10-01 02:41:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Sverige Pahis
edit i cant read!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2012-10-01 02:46:33 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Many forum communities have a "Like / Dislike" option for their postings. Reddit has an "upvote / downvote" system.

CCP has traditionally shied away from this approach, wanting to maintain a "positive" environment. So let's take this in a constructive direction, and create something that is much more unique and very much in the spirit of what EVE Online is all about.

We on the CSM have already talked with CCP about this, and if we can demonstrate strong player demand for the feature than all the better:

I am suggesting we post a new interface on the EVEgate forums - In addition to "Like" and "Report", a new button be added that allows players to "Place Bounty" instead.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

Maybe this will need to involve CREST (The new read / write API system). If so, than all the more reason to garnish some massive public support here. Opening up the CREST interface in order for you guys to be able to create more tools for character and corporation management has been an ongoing objective of CSM7's. If popular demand for this feature dovetails nicely with the need to release CREST to the players, all the more reason to lend your voice to the cause here.

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.

o7



Yes, please. Also a "wardec" button for those with the right roles? It would be lovely to do the murdering yourself if you so desired!
Federation Uprising
#7 - 2012-10-01 02:49:06 UTC
Yes please! Being able to add this button to any third-party app and not just the forums!
#8 - 2012-10-01 03:00:02 UTC
Ganthrithor wrote:
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Many forum communities have a "Like / Dislike" option for their postings. Reddit has an "upvote / downvote" system.

CCP has traditionally shied away from this approach, wanting to maintain a "positive" environment. So let's take this in a constructive direction, and create something that is much more unique and very much in the spirit of what EVE Online is all about.

We on the CSM have already talked with CCP about this, and if we can demonstrate strong player demand for the feature than all the better:

I am suggesting we post a new interface on the EVEgate forums - In addition to "Like" and "Report", a new button be added that allows players to "Place Bounty" instead.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

Maybe this will need to involve CREST (The new read / write API system). If so, than all the more reason to garnish some massive public support here. Opening up the CREST interface in order for you guys to be able to create more tools for character and corporation management has been an ongoing objective of CSM7's. If popular demand for this feature dovetails nicely with the need to release CREST to the players, all the more reason to lend your voice to the cause here.

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.

o7



Yes, please. Also a "wardec" button for those with the right roles? It would be lovely to do the murdering yourself if you so desired!

ew

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-10-01 03:25:47 UTC
Powers Sa wrote:
Ganthrithor wrote:
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Many forum communities have a "Like / Dislike" option for their postings. Reddit has an "upvote / downvote" system.

CCP has traditionally shied away from this approach, wanting to maintain a "positive" environment. So let's take this in a constructive direction, and create something that is much more unique and very much in the spirit of what EVE Online is all about.

We on the CSM have already talked with CCP about this, and if we can demonstrate strong player demand for the feature than all the better:

I am suggesting we post a new interface on the EVEgate forums - In addition to "Like" and "Report", a new button be added that allows players to "Place Bounty" instead.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

Maybe this will need to involve CREST (The new read / write API system). If so, than all the more reason to garnish some massive public support here. Opening up the CREST interface in order for you guys to be able to create more tools for character and corporation management has been an ongoing objective of CSM7's. If popular demand for this feature dovetails nicely with the need to release CREST to the players, all the more reason to lend your voice to the cause here.

Thank you all for your interest and feedback.

o7



Yes, please. Also a "wardec" button for those with the right roles? It would be lovely to do the murdering yourself if you so desired!

ew


Out, out, damn spot!
#10 - 2012-10-01 03:49:32 UTC
Dust forum needs an orbital bombard button

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-10-01 04:09:50 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
Dust forum needs an orbital bombard button

afterthought forums for an afterthought add-on full of marginally successful MAG players. Let's be honest, nuke the whole community and save the rest of us the trouble of having to deal with them.
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2012-10-01 04:17:55 UTC
I complet support this :)
Place bounty on bad poster
Like me hell yeah
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2012-10-01 04:18:17 UTC
I would prefer a "purchase kill rights" button instead. Make it transferable to another party. Also, make it for the account, not just the character. That would probably make the forums a quite different place though. You can war dec a corporation but not a person? I mean that should be a no brainer. Maybe make a way for the person so declared able to pay off the dec and get protection for a week or two. This could really go places. I support this.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

Caldari State
#14 - 2012-10-01 04:18:42 UTC
While I find the idea amusing, it will further encourage the use of posting with NPC alts, or other alts that aren't used in any fashion that would place them in harms way.

That doesn't mean the idea has no use or isn't worthwhile. It does highlight a sad aspect of the forums, though.
Rejection Of Sovereignty
#15 - 2012-10-01 04:19:30 UTC
At first glance it is hilarious. Make a stupid post? Put at 50 M bounty on his/her head. Unfortunately it could lead to a troll contest. Someone could deliberately be a jerk just to get a bunch of bounties and have an alt kill him/her.
#16 - 2012-10-01 04:22:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Powers Sa
Icemandk wrote:
I complet support this :)
Place bounty on bad poster
Like me hell yeah

In your defense, you are absolutely hilarious on Mumble. Like when you key up, i kick my feet up and laugh my butt off.


Ministry of Love for the masses.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2012-10-01 04:22:54 UTC
Funless Saisima wrote:
At first glance it is hilarious. Make a stupid post? Put at 50 M bounty on his/her head. Unfortunately it could lead to a troll contest. Someone could deliberately be a jerk just to get a bunch of bounties and have an alt kill him/her.


And so what ?
you can do the same :)
Shadow Cartel
#18 - 2012-10-01 04:25:37 UTC
Funless Saisima wrote:
Someone could deliberately be a jerk just to get a bunch of bounties and have an alt kill him/her.


It's not going to be quite that simple. Obviously the "my alt can just kill me to collect a bounty" was one of the first major issues with the current system that was discussed, this entire revamp would be a waste of time if players will be able to exploit the hell out of that for personal profit once all is said and done.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

#19 - 2012-10-01 04:29:44 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Funless Saisima wrote:
Someone could deliberately be a jerk just to get a bunch of bounties and have an alt kill him/her.


It's not going to be quite that simple. Obviously the "my alt can just kill me to collect a bounty" was one of the first major issues with the current system that was discussed, this entire revamp would be a waste of time if players will be able to exploit the hell out of that for personal profit once all is said and done.

I think people assume that there will not be destruction quotas, and that you will be able to kill noobships, but they forget that mmorpg just announced that a full bounty overhaul is going down. You should ammend your OP to reflect that.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

#20 - 2012-10-01 04:38:11 UTC
love the idea; how did such a good idea come from this years dimwitted members.... (insert Bounty here) At least this year wasn't a total loss I guess... X
3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump