^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 Pages123Next page

ideas shoudl be heard, challenge u CCP, broadcast and follow up

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Gallente Federation
#1 Posted: 2011.10.17 17:49  |  Edited by: FAIL Communicator
Al these new blogs, inside info on changes that lie ahead hopefully, excuse letter, all great. Job weldone so far CCP, u got me again. Now the hardest part: delivering to a community where its hard to make everyone happy. Big stuff comming, nuf said everywhere about that.

modern communication, social media is often used wrong, by compagnies that think sending 1 way is enough. they send harder and harder without listening, and more important show they listen. CCP show now they listen too the big voice, the loudest yeller, the majority. Like any compagny does if their income is at stake. That however is not goign to cut it with current generation. U have to actually care, share, listen, follow up and show it on a individual scale.

SO here s the challenge and idea for CCP. Open up 1 tread or other a way of letting people suggest small stuff. Evaluate it on use, effect and cost to implement. Then relay it back in a growing list. Not about 0,0 change or capitals, no the small stuff, the fun stuff for the nyche players.

to help get it started here s a few for CCP:
1. show implant losses on pod killmails OMG, ccp did it: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=2922[/i] Big smile
2. right click in overview should be able too show pilot info, like from local
3. make a new skill: remote reprocessing, with range like trade skills (gives local markets in 0,0 a boost)
4. offlined posses should be scooped aftehr a certain timer.
5. mods on offline posses shouldnt have a 99 structure resist
6. remove bounties from npc and put value in tags. reduce bot ratting liek that and balance tag value (either isk or LP trade in at bounty office)
7. remove insurance pay out from concord kills, reducing suicide minimum isk (freighter above 1 bill cargo is gankable these days) (send in by as reply) (and i mean freigtehrs, that cant be fitted to prevent this, its pure math gank versus pay off)
8. remove afk coacking by increase change of probing over time (send my mail to me)
9. Add drag and drop from show info to chat window
10. introduce alliance fittings, same as with corp and individual
11. Laser crystals breaking and turret groups. When a crystal breaks inside a turret group it does not get automatically reloaded, it just makes the whole group stop working and i have to unload ALL crystals and reaload them again.
12. make wrecks from ships u kill tractorable, u kill it, u keep it ;)
13. Do the math for us with missiles, just display our maximum missile flight range (missile acceleration time also factored)
14. also remove people who you aren't mutually friends with from showing their online status in the contact list
15. issue with personal standing messing up fleet invites. I see fleets i can join that are hostiel , cause the organiser has a personal standign too me.
16. It would be great to have a sort feature/function on the local channel. It would be great to be able to hit a button that removes anyone but hostiles or neuts (picked from other post with no replies)
17. allaince/corp overviews sharable between people ingame (though import kinda works)
18. Would it be possible to add the range to pilots that you've added to your watch list? Obviously this would only be when you are on grid with them. (picked up from no reply post)
19. a valued allaince member mailed : portabel cyno jammer ship, to bring fun back in fights, except for coverts
20. salvage implants from corps (soudns a bit nasty though)
21. How about give us wrecks which can be probed out. (either split into npc and pvp wrecks)
22. add too the clothing store around christmas: 1 pair of santa outfit for your character walk in station 5.000 aur, 1 time only offer
23. as for the christmas gift: 1 pair of santa hat, female and male
24. add a christmas tree too captians quarters temporariley
25. can we get fireworks missiles with effects for christmas ?
26. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=225336#post225336
27. let books be injected even if not trained.
28. make ammo renameable, liek ships and cans, i always forget raneg and their use, liek to make them more custome to my brain
29. he action "view market details" is THE most used action for a trader. please add an option to change double-click semantics to "view market details" (instead of "show info"). or even add a shortcut for it. (scooped from a no reply post)
30.I would like it if you could filter out wormhole Sigs like you can with Anoms.I find it unnecessarily annoying to scan down 20 or so wormholes while looking for sites. Or finding sites while looking for an exit. (from a no reply post )
31. some poeple see eve as math, make cycle times, warp time left, online time on buble, mining device cycle time also displayable in seconds.
32. remove all npc content like hydrogen batteries from npc sale. add them where they belong, PI
33. when trading make object show its real name, (so peopel cant scam with a normal raven for a CNR)
34. a nullified cloacking t3 travevling through 0,0 is unstoppable when operated right. where s paper rock sizzor ? One fix for this would being, covert ops cloak or interdiction nulifier : not both
35. ECM ammo ? rendering the hostile ship useless for some seconds ?
36 I should be able to sort, asc and desc, by name, shiptype, and maybe even damage% and squad,Then I can sort my logi's up top, followed by the rest of the fleet. (off other post with no reply)
37. Clearly, as fleets get bigger, having a flat watchlist makes sorting through for relevant data more difficult. We need a hierarchy for WL. (zie big post on page 2 about wl)
38. have cap status on watchlist for pro active help amongst logi trains (of othr post)
39. when wardeck fights occur, or any other, enutral logisitc or other repping ships involved should become viable targets as well
40. it makes mechanical wise no sense that repair drones cant repair yourself
41. sleepers escaped,: SLEEPER INCURSION
out of max lines
Gallente Federation
#2 Posted: 2011.10.18 02:13
And stop paying insurance for CONCORD kills. thank you.
Gallente Federation
#3 Posted: 2011.10.18 11:10
Oh nice one Lianthas, i ll add it too the main list on orginal post, thank u!
Gallente Federation
#4 Posted: 2011.10.19 07:11
added afk cloaking with a expire timer or cloack running out
The Initiative.
#5 Posted: 2011.10.19 20:06
Add drag and drop from show info to chat window....
Minmatar Republic
#6 Posted: 2011.10.19 20:09
Core you awesome! CCP should hire you.
#7 Posted: 2011.10.19 20:22
Prime FLux wrote:
Add drag and drop from show info to chat window....

+1
Dust 514's CPM 0 Iron Wolf Saber
Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues. 
Minmatar Republic
#8 Posted: 2011.10.20 03:15
to help get it started here s a few for CCP:

1. show implant losses on pod killmails
No if i invest 2bil in implants and fly a 3b ship and use a 500mil booster alt... thats for me to know not you lol... also how can u tell whats in the head of a body? capslers can now can study pathology?

2. right click in overview should be able too show pilot info, like from local
If your low sec or null... its already to late if you see em on your overview to see if there friend or foe

3. make a new skill: remote reprocessing, with range like trade skills (gives local markets in 0,0 a boost)
Dont care about this as i have never needed or thought i needed this

4. offlined posses should be scooped aftehr a certain timer.
People put POSes offline some times as a moon holder IE u put ur tower on this moon before some one els so u can have the moon goo or u put a POS on every moon in your WH to close people out (offline dosent mean people didnt want it)

5. mods on offline posses shouldnt have a 99 structure resist
Guns have this resist but corp hangers and inside stuff is easy to kill when tower is offline

6. remove bounties from npc and put value in tags. reduce bot ratting liek that and balance tag value (either isk or LP trade in at bounty office)
Bot are able to loot so this wont change anything

7. remove insurance pay out from concord kills, reducing suicide minimum isk (freighter above 1 bill cargo is gankable these days) (send in by as reply)
Only person sad when ganking is the fool who didnt tank there Hulk

8. remove afk coacking by increase change of probing over time (send my mail to me)
AFK cloaking is a tactic... cause how do u truely know there AFK.... some people would sit 5hours + waiting for a kill trust me

9. Add drag and drop from show info to chat window
Not bad idea sence window stacking makes it a pain

10. introduce alliance fittings, same as with corp and individual
Not a Bad idea
Minmatar Republic
#9 Posted: 2011.10.20 05:26
2. if you select the ship/pilot, by clicking on it, in the current target info tab you can just click on the guy's portrait.
3. Not sure how this helps any market really... You realize that 1/2 the stations cant refine right? And 1/2 of the ones that can have horrible refine rates. For nullsec, the amount of decent refine stations is even less.
4. if its offline... just shoot it? not that hard.
5. see #4
6. This forces everyone to loot/salvage... goto the drone lands for a week then tell me this is a good idea again.
7. Roll Will not prevent suicide ganks, not sure what this would accomplish. Other than screwing over the few real pirates in the game.
10. These are what forums are for.

agree with 1, 8, 9.
2, and 10 would be nice... but personally i would almost never use these.

Skullair wrote:

1. show implant losses on pod killmails
No if i invest 2bil in implants and fly a 3b ship and use a 500mil booster alt... thats for me to know not you lol... also how can u tell whats in the head of a body? capslers can now can study pathology?

I assume the same way they figure out what mods were destroyed? Since you know... they were destroyed, how can the killer tell what it originally was. You get a corpse when you kill a pod... how hard is it to scan its frozen head?
Caldari State
#10 Posted: 2011.10.20 05:41  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
1) Sell multiple items at once

2) Bring back hitting enter to sell an item

3) Do the math for us with missiles, just display our maximum missile flight range (missile acceleration time also factored)

4) Give mining lasers an option to display an actual timer that shows numbers instead of a stupid meter... This is for those of use who like to do the math and be precise on timing our mining.

5) Increase wardec costs. It's way too cheap to bribe concord and the related faction to look the other way while you blow crap up.
C C P Alliance
#11 Posted: 2011.10.20 06:41  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
There was a wonderful "Thousand Papercuts" thread by Akita T on the old forums (resurrected here and here), and we took quite a lot of ideas from there.

Your list (and all the suggestions in this thread, as a matter of fact) is also very good and I'll make sure to pass it on to team BFF. Smile
CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team
@ccp_spitfire
#12 Posted: 2011.10.20 09:00
also remove people who you aren't mutually friends with from showing their online status in the contact list
#13 Posted: 2011.10.20 11:51
CCP Spitfire wrote:
There was a wonderful "Thousand Papercuts" thread by Akita T on the old forums (resurrected here), and we took quite a lot of ideas from there.

Your list (and all the suggestions in this thread, as a matter of fact) is also very good and I'll make sure to pass it on to team BFF. Smile

please take also a look at this thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20433&find=unread
eve style bounties (done)
dust boarding parties
imagine there is war and everybody cloaks - join FW
C C P Alliance
#14 Posted: 2011.10.20 11:52
Bienator II wrote:
CCP Spitfire wrote:
There was a wonderful "Thousand Papercuts" thread by Akita T on the old forums (resurrected here), and we took quite a lot of ideas from there.

please take also a look at this thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20433&find=unread

Ah-ha, thanks, I forgot about it. Sad Added the link to my post above.
CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team
@ccp_spitfire
#15 Posted: 2011.10.20 11:56
There is a better way to handle the "afk cloaking" non issue...

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=23439&find=unread
Six months in the hole... it changes a man.
Caldari State
#16 Posted: 2011.10.20 12:45
Laser crystals breaking and turret groups. When a crystal breaks inside a turret group it does not get automatically reloaded, it just makes the whole group stop working and i have to unload ALL crystals and reaload them again.

If this is by design, its serioulsy ****** up.
The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.
Gallente Federation
#17 Posted: 2011.10.20 13:59
thanks for the attention so far, i updated the list with remarks people are sending me and will try to keep doing that on a daily basis. Some sound baised and seem to focus on givign advantage to a particular line of bussiness u persui in eve, like increasing wardec cost. I try to filter those out, though i admit i am baised myself ofc as well,
since dev follows the whole thread, i asume u wil be heard when u reply.
I will keep updating it, so dont hesitate, to think of ideas. Its the small ideas, nto the major sov overhauling stuff.
The things that make your daily eve more fun and working, fixing bug, stuff that might be easy to implement (hopefully)
Gallente Federation
#18 Posted: 2011.10.20 17:36
http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=2922 cannot believe, its not this post ofc that contributes solo to it, put it sure feels great to see something from a post u made appear in eve.
that, ccp is puttign value to players experience also, keep it up
The Initiative.
#19 Posted: 2011.10.20 17:46  |  Edited by: Jugernauth
My name is jugernauth........

Local cyno jammer is to kill the hotdroppers... it should be module on a hic or something

and the poss scooping should be in fases

fase 1 mods go offline
fase 2 mods lose resists
fase 3 poss can be scooped by everybody

For more brilant ideas pay me 1 bil in game!!
The Initiative.
#20 Posted: 2011.10.20 17:59
How about give us wrecks which can be probed out.
3 Pages123Next page