Missions & Complexes

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lv2 mission fail

Author
Caldari State
#1 Posted: 2012.11.22 20:53
So I returned to the game after a 6time month absence and now I am missioning in a merlin. I was under the impression that I could solo lv 2 missions in a frig. My skills are fairly good. About lv 3-5 in all frig based combat skills (fitting skills included). So I can fit tier two guns. Going to a harpy in 2 days. Just wondering what I did wrong when I can t damage a lv 2 mission cruiser.

The story was, I got on noticed my standings and now can do lv2s than went and got one. Warped to spot had 2 destroys and two moas. Got jammed first than killed destroyers and orbited a moa at 8km. Shot him did 4% damage and you he recharged and got stuck at that. More pirates warped in killed all destroyers and have 12 moas left. I left and switched to blasters and tried again nothing. Please help, what is going on. I one shot everything in lv1 missions.

My fit is as follows:

3x 150mm rails

1x MSE
1x web
1x AB
1x invul field

2x magstabs
1x power core

EFT- 6k ehp 113 dps (these are round abouts)

Request help if I am doing something wrong. Thank you
Gallente Federation
#2 Posted: 2012.11.22 21:09
It was likely a mission where all you were supposed to do was scout and leave without fighting everything. Do you remember the name of it?
Caldari State
#3 Posted: 2012.11.22 21:15
Hmm now that you mention it I feel stupid. I believe it was called recon. I quit it since I couldn't complete it.
Gallente Federation
#4 Posted: 2012.11.22 21:19
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports

That site will do wonders for your mission running.
Caldari State
#5 Posted: 2012.11.22 21:24
Okay thank you.
Caldari State
#6 Posted: 2012.11.23 04:14
recon, the blockade and mission of mercy are the nightmare of inexperienced mission runners.
"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings" -MXZF
Minmatar Republic
#7 Posted: 2012.11.26 08:38
I got Driving A Wedge, Level 3 with one of my trading alts, grinding standings for caldari navy.
In the second part, there is a battleship to kill.

Had to bring in another more experienced alt to finish it off.
Because. just in a drake, I couldn't even break to 50% shield markLol

#8 Posted: 2012.11.26 16:08
Ah, that bastard Recon 1.. I remember spending +5 hours doing it on my first try (when all we are asked to do is to move thru gates, heh)

I flew a standard battleclinic T1 Arbitrator on that, running like crazy.. and managed to blow up a few of the lesser cruisers with damage specific T1 drones. But they were excruciatingly slow kills, ugh.
Caldari State
#9 Posted: 2012.11.26 17:56
i remember an incident involving me being a noob accidentally accepting lvl4 recon and a friend of mine almost losing his 1.5 bil rattlesnake...
"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings" -MXZF
Minmatar Republic
#10 Posted: 2012.11.26 21:11
Esra Udan wrote:
I believe it was called recon. I quit it since I couldn't complete it.

Instead of quitting the mission (which lowers both agent and corp standing), you can also re-run the mission after Downtime which will reset the mission. The only problem is you might not get the bonus time pay.

DMC