Wormholes

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 PagesPrevious page12
 

Transmission lost vs. Rooks and Kings

Author
#21 Posted: 2012.11.26 04:59
Jack Miton wrote:
Rythm wrote:
guess i was not clear. From the report I've gathered that RnK managed to kill two bhaalgorns before their 7 dreads landed on the grid.


my mistake, i misunderstood.
just those subcaps will nuke a bhaal in 15-20 seconds so guess it was enough.



As I figure it, the point is the timing of what lands when. Rook dreads land first and whack some bhaals before TL dreads land. I figure even for 7 (energy-gun) dreads it could go pear shaped if you are fighting 5 (?) bhaals, 4 dreads and 4-5 triage at once (why dont people use phoenix more for dread vs dread?)

Not that I got the vibe that this is meant to be a dicey battle where they are in trouble. They prob had more stuff ready if they needed it. The interesting bit for me is how you play your cards in big wormhole stuff.


And bleeding hell wh folks fit rich. Nearly 100bil in damage from 2 skirmish and one fight, without a super going down.

Party, Marty. Party.
League of Infamy
#22 Posted: 2012.11.26 08:31
Because phoenix is not useful in any other circumstances in a wormhole probably.
CEO of Heaven's End; Bad League of Legends Player.
#23 Posted: 2012.11.26 13:47
Rythm wrote:
From the report I've gathered that RnK managed to kill two bhaalgorns before their 7 dreads landed on the grid.



Maybe you should look at the killmails to see how the Bhaals died.
Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.
Verge of Collapse
#24 Posted: 2012.11.26 15:16
Dat write up....its a lot of shite.

Seriously need that much, a simple we out ganked our targets.

About as boring as that clarion call 3 shite where the guy talks for the first 8 minutes in a creepy child molesting voice.
wh thru null | Solo/Small Gang PvP

In Association with VoC

10th Alliance Tournament Winners
#25 Posted: 2012.11.26 16:49
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Dat write up....its a lot of shite.

Seriously need that much, a simple we out ganked our targets.

About as boring as that clarion call 3 shite where the guy talks for the first 8 minutes in a creepy child molesting voice.


I'd have preferred an even longer report tbh - theres a lot to learn. Read your blog and enjoyed it too but we can all learn something and reading through these forums notice you should do your own entry there on a big fleet fight you lost at the weekend.

Are BLOOD UNION and Transmission Lost friends btw?


Svodola Darkfury wrote:
Because phoenix is not useful in any other circumstances in a wormhole probably.


Can Phoenix not hit a sleeper rat even target painted?
Party, Marty. Party.
#26 Posted: 2012.11.26 17:49
Arrow
Messoroz wrote:



A horrible write up written by RNK. I believe half of it is them masturbating to their fleet composition. It's just ******** that people even watch their videos, the last one was single POS bash. I don't understand why they can't get to the point with the battle reports.



one does not simply walk into a battle report
Upholders
#27 Posted: 2012.11.26 18:15
Bail Boo wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Dat write up....its a lot of shite.

Seriously need that much, a simple we out ganked our targets.

About as boring as that clarion call 3 shite where the guy talks for the first 8 minutes in a creepy child molesting voice.


I'd have preferred an even longer report tbh - theres a lot to learn. Read your blog and enjoyed it too but we can all learn something and reading through these forums notice you should do your own entry there on a big fleet fight you lost at the weekend.

Are BLOOD UNION and Transmission Lost friends btw?


Svodola Darkfury wrote:
Because phoenix is not useful in any other circumstances in a wormhole probably.


Can Phoenix not hit a sleeper rat even target painted?

The Phoenix is useful for only a few things. This includes:

Closing wormholes.
Hitting capital sized ships and structures.
Scanning.
Self destructing for insurance money.


And that's about it. That is all they can do.
Sky Syndicate
#28 Posted: 2012.11.26 19:24
The Phoenix can hit sleepers just fine as long as you have the right fit:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13234969
Shadow Cartel
#29 Posted: 2012.11.26 19:25  |  Edited by: chris elliot
Bernie Nator wrote:
Bail Boo wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Dat write up....its a lot of shite.

Seriously need that much, a simple we out ganked our targets.

About as boring as that clarion call 3 shite where the guy talks for the first 8 minutes in a creepy child molesting voice.


I'd have preferred an even longer report tbh - theres a lot to learn. Read your blog and enjoyed it too but we can all learn something and reading through these forums notice you should do your own entry there on a big fleet fight you lost at the weekend.

Are BLOOD UNION and Transmission Lost friends btw?


Svodola Darkfury wrote:
Because phoenix is not useful in any other circumstances in a wormhole probably.


Can Phoenix not hit a sleeper rat even target painted?

The Phoenix is useful for only a few things. This includes:

Closing wormholes.
Hitting capital sized ships and structures.
Scanning.
Self destructing for insurance money.


And that's about it. That is all they can do.



Wrong order bro, the correct order of usefulness is as follows.

1. Self destructing for insurance money.
.....
13. Scanning
14. Closing wormholes.
15. Hitting capital sized ships and structures.
#30 Posted: 2012.11.26 19:35
Quote:
Are BLOOD UNION and Transmission Lost friends btw?

Oh, that.. I think we just lobbed bombs without discrimination there. And after blogging about opertunism as something good, I must approve Cool
Nulli Secunda
#31 Posted: 2012.11.26 20:15
Jack Miton wrote:
Rythm wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
[quote=Rythm][quote=Jack Miton]
my point was more along the lines of that the only 'tactic' needed in that fight was log in, warp to zero, shoot stuff till it dies.

EDIT: actually, there is one single interesting aspect to all of it and that it that in the first site gank, the RNK Moros' were both rail fit which is a tactic not seen almost ever in WHs.

They've managed to down two baals before their dreads landed. Given number of TL carriers this speaks a lot.


no it doesnt. 7 dreads can volley bhaals off the field even if you had 100 triage archons repping them.


The "tipping point", where alpha becomes a game changer. Same way null fights are about who can alpha who first, then becomes a battle of attrition.

Side note though, the write up was rather good, and does fill in some bits we were unaware of at the time, but in the end these sort of battles can be like fiipping a coin - if you bring enough and/or the right comp, you might win. Then again, the other guy might have more. If RnK had brought a different fleet comp, or TL brought out more caps, the whole battle could have ended up differently. Sometimes it's a game of chance. Take your chance, and see who wins ;)
Definition of "SD" (Self Destruct) = "It's like running up to someone to kick them in the balls, they see you and proceed to kick themselves in the balls, and then laugh at you for denying someone a chance to kick them in the balls."  - Celery Man
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#32 Posted: 2012.11.26 21:52  |  Edited by: Rroff
Phoenix versus sleepers is pretty lol - you need 90% web(s) and infowar bonused target painting from a rapier before the dps from one is even half useful - even with 2-3 60% webs and an unbonused target painter or 2 on a sleeper BS a phoenix only applies about 700dps out of its potential 10-12K dps.

Only time I'd say a phoenix (or more than 1) is potentially useful in a WH is for defence use in a C5/6 pulsar as you can buffer them upto around 10m EHP and ~2 of them can alpha through a standard fit archon regardless of its reps in a pulsar.

On the Bhaal topic unless it can magically get under the guns of multiple dreads you won't easily keep one alive regardless of how much incoming rep its taking as Jack mentioned. One moros can potentially alpha through a reasonable fit bhaal on a good hit if its webbed down let alone 3+ dreads.
League of Infamy
#33 Posted: 2012.11.26 22:13
Klarion Sythis wrote:
The Phoenix can hit sleepers just fine as long as you have the right fit:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13234969


I will have to fit this clearly pure win :-)
CEO of Heaven's End; Bad League of Legends Player.
2 PagesPrevious page12
Forum Jump