Test Server Feedback

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

Buckingham: Problems with patching, connecting and similar

Jump to first DEV post
Author
The Unthinkables
#141 Posted: 2012.11.24 17:13
I have the datcorruption bug as well, no proxy involved here, so any help would be appreciated.

Already recopied from TQ, and forceupdated the launcher, which is on V1.32
running on windows 7 Profressional 64-bit
#142 Posted: 2012.11.26 05:44
gabrial13 wrote:
When i attempt to make download buckingham to my mac and attempt to follow the instructions on terminal part i get this message "No such file or directory"



hey I had this problem too, just put the "EVE Online Buckingham.app" (or whatever copy you have to use for the test server) on the desktop and in terminal type "sudo open ~/Desktop/EVE\ Online\ Buckingham.app --args /server:87.237.38.69" unfortunately I'm having the same problem as everyone else where the launcher wont work or something because of the server being down.
I make YouTube videos and so on... Watch me do silly things here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Internetzspacezshipz?
#143 Posted: 2012.11.26 12:03  |  Edited by: Victor Sane
nvm fixed
#144 Posted: 2012.11.26 22:32

Does anybody know why the test server is down so much lately?

Twisted

C C P Alliance
#145 Posted: 2012.11.27 01:01
Hell Freeze wrote:

Does anybody know why the test server is down so much lately?

Twisted



Buckingham is currently our main test server for Retribution, which results in a lot of different testing needs (including restarts), small updates and configuration changes. The last downtime was for example for changing the configuration of the server nodes and in a few minutes the daily downtime will start.
CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
Bug reporting | Mass Testing
Quantum Decadence
#146 Posted: 2012.11.28 16:19
Can't get Buckingham to work either.. The launcher seems to work now and updated something, I login as normal though have problems after the login window.. It takes ages when you click on the 'Enter Game' button, then when I get in I get a grey blank screen..??

Quantum Decadence
#147 Posted: 2012.11.28 22:09
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Can't get Buckingham to work either.. The launcher seems to work now and updated something, I login as normal though have problems after the login window.. It takes ages when you click on the 'Enter Game' button, then when I get in I get a grey blank screen..??



Further to what I've said above, from the grey screen it takes several minutes before I enter the game so I have managed to get in, though the game is unusable because of colossal amounts of Lag...

I really don't know what your last patch did, but neither my son or I can use the game, it's ridicules..!!

I am wait minutes for everything to change or appear that I click on, like tabs or to send a message in the chat, to look in my cargo, change ships or the ship hanger, that's if it opens at all....WTF..!!Twisted


WHAT HAS GONE WRONG..??
C C P Alliance
#148 Posted: 2012.11.28 23:00
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Can't get Buckingham to work either.. The launcher seems to work now and updated something, I login as normal though have problems after the login window.. It takes ages when you click on the 'Enter Game' button, then when I get in I get a grey blank screen..??



Further to what I've said above, from the grey screen it takes several minutes before I enter the game so I have managed to get in, though the game is unusable because of colossal amounts of Lag...

I really don't know what your last patch did, but neither my son or I can use the game, it's ridicules..!!

I am wait minutes for everything to change or appear that I click on, like tabs or to send a message in the chat, to look in my cargo, change ships or the ship hanger, that's if it opens at all....WTF..!!Twisted


WHAT HAS GONE WRONG..??


I am unable to analyze what happened with your client without seeing logs from it. Please try first to restart your computer (which might fix the issue) and then send a bugreport from in-game (press F12, the last option) , which will include the needed logs.
CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
Bug reporting | Mass Testing
#149 Posted: 2012.11.29 01:03
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hell Freeze wrote:

Does anybody know why the test server is down so much lately?

Twisted



Buckingham is currently our main test server for Retribution, which results in a lot of different testing needs (including restarts), small updates and configuration changes. The last downtime was for example for changing the configuration of the server nodes and in a few minutes the daily downtime will start.

Thank you for that answer.

/HF

Quantum Decadence
#150 Posted: 2012.11.29 14:13  |  Edited by: Captain Skarlet
CCP Habakuk wrote:

I am unable to analyze what happened with your client without seeing logs from it. Please try first to restart your computer (which might fix the issue) and then send a bugreport from in-game (press F12, the last option) , which will include the needed logs.



I will try and get this in game log, though that's if I can actually get into the game? The other thing is I'm a MAC User and I don't think F12 is the same for MAC..?
Did he say Jump
#151 Posted: 2012.11.29 16:58
i'm having issues connecting to Buckingham as well, maybe some-one can tell me where i am going wrong, i keep getting a message that is an annoyance to re-read, ( and apparently im not allowed to post is here for some reason )
NameError: global name 'GetServerBuildNumber' is not defined
server = '87.237.38.69'
Shadow Cartel
#152 Posted: 2012.11.29 17:50  |  Edited by: kolobos
I have ran the test client today the launcher update a patch then now loads tranquility inferno, so deleted the client redownloaded it again and it does the same, any ideas?
#153 Posted: 2012.11.30 03:47
kolobos wrote:
I have ran the test client today the launcher update a patch then now loads tranquility inferno, so deleted the client redownloaded it again and it does the same, any ideas?

Did you add "/server:87.237.38.69" to the target field of your shortcut?

#154 Posted: 2012.11.30 10:55
Copied tranquility folder on separate partition adjusted shortcut to be able to acces buckingham, works fine.
Every time i doubleclicked my Buckingham shortcut it loads testserver, EVE shortcut it loads Tranquility.

Fired it up after some time. Needed to patch the testserver with Retribution after doubleclicking Buckingham shortcut. System patched I now have new 'Retribution' testserver. Tried some stuff. Logged and wanted to go back to Tranquility, doubleclikced EVE shortcut, keeps going back to Buckingham. So both shortcuts now end up on Buckingham

Couldn't find solution, completely uninstalled both clients and downloaded tranquility again. Would love to have testserver acces again, but don't feel like needing to download client and re-install EVE again in case patching the testserver will break both installations.

What can I do to prevent this?
Northern Associates.
#155 Posted: 2012.12.01 11:22
hello

I have a problem with the test server (buckingham) concern is that when I log on the server I always have an authentication error but eve copy in another directory and then create a shortcut with / server: 87.237.38.69.

I always have a data error incorrect, but when I log on the normal server there is no problem.
Quantum Decadence
#156 Posted: 2012.12.01 12:13
CCP Habakuk, I am unable to get in the game and issue a bug report, I also don't think F12 works for MAC users..?

How come that my son and I were both in the Buckingham server regular with no problems and using the game as normal, then since the last patch but one, neither of us can get in the game, or more to the point. We can get into the game if we wait a considerable time for it to do every operation after the login window...!!

At least 5 minutes on clicking the "Enter Game" button to going into the game..!!

Once in the game we are presented with a grey screen and wait 10 - 15 minutes or more for the initial user window to open, then another 5-10 minutes of the Character, Chat, items, ship boxes to appear in the window..?

Then you click on a tab for say chat or email and you wait 5 minutes or more for that to appear..!!


WTF has happened with the test client, is this extreme lag or is there something more serious..!!


My Son and I can't be the only players experiencing these problems..!!


What's going to be done about this?
Quantum Decadence
#157 Posted: 2012.12.01 12:28  |  Edited by: Captain Skarlet
Dredastttarm wrote:
gabrial13 wrote:
When i attempt to make download buckingham to my mac and attempt to follow the instructions on terminal part i get this message "No such file or directory"



hey I had this problem too, just put the "EVE Online Buckingham.app" (or whatever copy you have to use for the test server) on the desktop and in terminal type "sudo open ~/Desktop/EVE\ Online\ Buckingham.app --args /server:87.237.38.69" unfortunately I'm having the same problem as everyone else where the launcher wont work or something because of the server being down.



I don't think having a nearly 14gb file on the desktop is a good thing..!!

I have mine in Applications... Named: 'EVE Online Buckingham.app' and my command for Terminal is: open /Applications/EVE\ Online\ Buckingham.app --args /server:87.237.38.69

This works for me, well up until the last patch but one then I dunno WTF they've done..???
Nulli Secunda
#158 Posted: 2012.12.01 14:54
'sup guys o/

Ok so finally i want to test some stuff on Bucki and after fixing that Launcher problem i got this after the launcher popped up:

"The server you are connecting to doesn't have a published update package"

some advice about that or is buckingham still down?
Northern Associates.
#159 Posted: 2012.12.01 16:07
Killy Ace wrote:
hello

I have a problem with the test server (buckingham) concern is that when I log on the server I always have an authentication error but eve copy in another directory and then create a shortcut with / server: 87.237.38.69.

I always have a data error incorrect, but when I log on the normal server there is no problem. help me please

Minmatar Republic
#160 Posted: 2012.12.02 08:40  |  Edited by: Halt Tranty
Ok for mac users with the terminal "no such file or directory" issue, I just tried this right now: I added a space between the "open" and the "target app" and then between the "target app" and the "server command". Basically following the steps on evelopedia but adding a space between each of the 3 main parts of the command. I'm not sure if it will work but it has opened the launcher and is creating a patch right now.
Will keep you posted. Smile

Edit: THIS WORKS! I am now logged in to Bucky after the launcher downloaded a 66MB patch (size may vary, I'm guessing).
Hope this Helped.
Forum Jump