Warfare & Tactics

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
 

Which Militia?

Author
Did he say Jump
#21 Posted: 2012.11.26 19:16
X Gallentius wrote:
If you want to join a disjointed band of misfits who regularly war dec each other out of spite and hatred then join Caldari FW. See you on the field!



Just letting you know that the caldari haven't been killing each other for a decent amount of time. Everything is actually pretty laided back on are end, but the gallente always be killing there own, militia. Roll
#22 Posted: 2012.11.26 22:40
Come and join amarr and shoot the minnies in da face!

Or go and join the minnies and shoot me in da face. Shocked




Corp > Faction

Find a bunch of people you gel with and have fun.
That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

http://taoistdragon.blogspot.com.au/
#23 Posted: 2012.11.27 00:31
Corp > faction

It's been said a lot but it's true.
Shadow Cartel
#24 Posted: 2012.11.27 03:03
And the best thing is

It doesnt matter whcih militia you pick - we'll shoot you anyway Twisted

Piracy for the Yarr
Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome
Caldari State Capturing
#25 Posted: 2012.11.27 04:59
Now, I've been corp-less in FW for a while now, joining pick-up fleets was damned fun back in the days of regular CTAs and FCs, but now it seems to be more about smaller gangs, which is just fine

So, who're the good Caldari FW Corps?
#26 Posted: 2012.11.27 07:03  |  Edited by: Joanna Ramirez
Therran Promitz wrote:
Now, I've been corp-less in FW for a while now, joining pick-up fleets was damned fun back in the days of regular CTAs and FCs, but now it seems to be more about smaller gangs, which is just fine

So, who're the good Caldari FW Corps?


Depends on your timezone. If you are euro, then Bloody Ronin Syndicate or Templis Dragonaros are probably a good options. US timezone probably Happy Endings, Kraken. or State Section 9. Those are all alliances btw.
#27 Posted: 2012.11.27 15:39
There's this really awesome Caldari corp called "Duty." that basically taught the Caldari militia everything they know! They're led by a really friendly guy called Toushi Kimura, who doesn't hold grudges and doesn't act like a massive tool. He basically worked out most of the plexing mechanics by himself, and a large amount of the progress corporations like 22nd Black Rise made is mostly due to him. He's very well-respected by the Caldari.

Oh. Wait, sorry. Sometimes I forget that it isn't 2008 anymore.

Nevermind.
#28 Posted: 2012.11.27 18:00  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
Therran Promitz wrote:
Now, I've been corp-less in FW for a while now, joining pick-up fleets was damned fun back in the days of regular CTAs and FCs, but now it seems to be more about smaller gangs, which is just fine

So, who're the good Caldari FW Corps?


Define good? Good at plexing and helping to win the sov war? Good at fleet warfare? Good at kitchen sink skirmishes?

The more time I spend in FW, the more I realize that each corp excels at certain parts and is lacking in others. Not all FW corps are created equal.
High Five. Yeah!
C'est La Eve .
Caldari State Capturing
#29 Posted: 2012.11.27 19:30
In that case, which are best for gang fights, and which are good for fleets?
Neutral in Local.
#30 Posted: 2012.11.27 19:47
Just find a group of people you like, maybe browse the regions if you have time, and see who is doing what. Plenty of fleets will bring you in even if you just temporarily join the NPC corp. Yes, you have to pick a "side" at that point, but it is a good place to start. Maybe go to the recruitment center and search through FW listings, or message some of those who posted here.
Arma Purgatorium - Once for the State, Now for the King
Lowsec life is the only life for me o9
#31 Posted: 2012.11.27 20:19  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
Therran Promitz wrote:
In that case, which are best for gang fights, and which are good for fleets?


Having fought against practically every major and midsize corp/alliance, here is my analysis of the current landscape of Caldari Militia organizations;

Kraken Alliance- can usually field a gang of 20 ships going from BS to nano BCs. They are fun to fight and even more fun to smack with in local due to the absurdity of their smackity smack. They are an alliance of 300 with both EU and US TZ corps and base in lowsec. Dominant corps in their allliance tend to be Black Rise Guerrila Force, Providence Directorate, and Serenity Prime.

Happy Endings Alliance- Based in Rakapas, they tend to field the most competitive fleet comps out of all Caldari Militia. Their size is similar to Kraken. My only knock on them is they rely heavily on loki boost, batphone to pirate gangs, and use spies on general militia fleet comms to give them a competitive edge. They will not fight equal numbers or someone just a bit heavier/experienced than them, as, say Drunk N Disorderly Alliance. I suppose that's part of the meta but if you're looking to grow and challenge yourself, then they may not be the best option as such meta can hamper your growth to a certain degree.

Templis Dragonaors Alliance- Based in Rakapas, they are also a large alliance consisting of 300 or so pilots. Not always the most disciplined fleet but fun to fight. But very very active and they will always go where the fights are. They'll try their best to defend a system that is on the verge of being flipped and give us good fights.

Caldari State Capturing Alliance- The anchoring corp is Project Cerberus and led by Super Chair and his wingman, Nyan The Cat. Much smaller in size and based in the upper part of Black Rise. Upper black rise isn't as blobby as southern Black Rise and that's something to consider if you want decent healthy fights without getting blobbed to death. If you want a more intimate experience in terms of smaller plex fights and skirmishes, I would say this is a decent option. Super knows more about Caldari fits than anyone I've ever fought against. He does require that you be speced in Caldari hulls.

Ronin Alliance- The anchoring corp is Inglorious Basterds. Primarily EU TZ. They are based in Old Man Star. I wouldn't say they excel in fleet warfare because in order to do so, you'd actually have to roam and they don't. Mostly hisec station games/ganks in Villore and plexing nearby systems such as Heydilies.

State Section 9- Based in Okkamon/Rakapas. They are much smaller in size and still trying to grow their ranks. I wouldn't recommend them for fleet warfare since they're lacking in FCs at the moment. But decent option if you don't want to be just another number as is typically the case with bigger alliances. Nice guys though and always fun to talk to.
High Five. Yeah!
C'est La Eve .
#32 Posted: 2012.11.27 20:54  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Deen Wispa wrote:
Ronin Alliance- The anchoring corp is Inglorious Basterds. Primarily EU TZ. They are based in Old Man Star. I wouldn't say they excel in fleet warfare because in order to do so, you'd actually have to roam and they don't. Mostly hisec station games/ganks in Villore and plexing nearby systems such as Heydilies.


Because one does not need to go further than the sea to fish.

We have lots of fun in the area, mainly with Heydieles dwellers. Recent arrivals in form of Sicarius Draconis alliance (froggies) are a hundred man alliance with capital support and every member packs a neutral link/logi alt but they are still fight averse. (= faction frigates running away screaming from condors)

No need for personal attacks. -ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#33 Posted: 2012.11.29 00:08
Looking at this thread I would probably suggest that the OP doesn't join the Caldari militia....
#34 Posted: 2012.11.29 05:12
Perkin Warbeck wrote:
Looking at this thread I would probably suggest that the OP doesn't join the Caldari militia....



Naaaaa the waters fine, jump on in! We may have pee'd in it a little...
Project Cerberus is recruiting for the US Timezone, click here
Repeat 0ffenders
#35 Posted: 2012.11.29 17:01
A faction frigate should typically run from a condor, unless the pilot is ******** or in a hookbill.Twisted

Joanna Ramirez wrote:

(= faction frigates running away screaming from condors)

No need for personal attacks. -ISD Dorrim Barstorlode


I agree, personal attacks really are not necessary.





I'm CEO *****.
#36 Posted: 2012.11.29 18:03
Princess Nexxala wrote:
I agree, personal attacks really are not necessary.


You made the decision they are necessary back in 2009, not me.
#37 Posted: 2012.11.29 18:05
Asko Vilenius wrote:
You made the decision they are necessary back in 2009, not me.


"She did it, so that makes it acceptable for me to do it!"

Grow up.
Repeat 0ffenders
#38 Posted: 2012.11.29 18:58
Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about, didn't even acquire this toon until 11-09.
You crazy broOops

Asko Vilenius wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:
I agree, personal attacks really are not necessary.


You made the decision they are necessary back in 2009, not me.

I'm CEO *****.
#39 Posted: 2012.11.29 19:15
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about, didn't even acquire this toon until 11-09.
You crazy broOops


You = Gallente militia and all the crap talkers who sent insults and accused Caldari players of exploiting while doing it by themselves all the time. Running cloaking plexing boats, turning NPC's to fire on Caldari militia, calling me pedophile, etc. Juren Coda, Chatgris, Seriphyn, Ammon Dei, Ankh and many other idiots, most who still run your militia.
Repeat 0ffenders
#40 Posted: 2012.11.29 19:20
And I thought we were friends :( I is sad panda now.


Asko Vilenius wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about, didn't even acquire this toon until 11-09.
You crazy broOops


You = Gallente militia and all the crap talkers who sent insults and accused Caldari players of exploiting while doing it by themselves all the time. Running cloaking plexing boats, turning NPC's to fire on Caldari militia, calling me pedophile, etc. Juren Coda, Chatgris, Seriphyn, Ammon Dei, Ankh and many other idiots, most who still run your militia.

I'm CEO *****.
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
Forum Jump