Issues, Workarounds & Localization

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

game breaking issues CCP need to address ASAP

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#1 Posted: 2013.01.21 14:02  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
here is a little list of bugs, that have been spotted months ago and reported, yet not fixed.

all thoses are really game breaking and happen more and more often, at some point it is not interesting to pvp.

Known issue list

1- buggy grid

it happen that in random location, ship that are supposed to be on the same grid as you doesn’t appears in space / in overview.

it seems there are “blind spot”

ex:

an enemy fleet was on a poco, we warped in SB (cloaked) at range to said POCO, some of the ppl were unable to see the enemy fleet.

dscan (360° / 70Km) revealed that said fleet was at the poco, yet for some of us they were nowhere to be seen.

after orbiting poco, the enemy finally appeared, while for some it then disappeared.

after further investigation, one side of the poco ended up being a “blind spot”

issue is no longer present after a DT, but can arise in several random locations (happened at a sun, gates, station etc....), and will remain until next DT.

another example:

i use a spot around 200Km from station, some days i can see ships on said station, some i cannot, changing for a spot on another side solve the issue

2- ineffective point

it happen that in several occasion, ships are able to warp while they should have been prevented from.

ship pointed at a gate happened to warp out, got killed 1 minute later in system, no warp core stab on his fitting (t1 cruiser)

ship unable to fit WCS managed to warp out while being pointed (shuttle)

ship pointed by heavy dictor managed to warp-out (cruiser / battlecruiser).

each time, the target is well in range, the module turns on BUT, you do not take sentry aggro when the ship warp out, meaning server side, it is not correctly registered.
warp scrambling message still displayed as usual.

another example:

i crossed a gate in armor rifter, no WCS, gate was camped by several ships including stiletto

stiletto pointed me while the warp speed was at 40% (cf. message in space), no indication of disruptor on my ship, stiletto was well at range ( 2 km) and yet, my ship completed the warp

3- pod insta warp at gate

pod are now able to avoid being pointed at lowsec gate, they appeared already in warp, distance displayed is between 500-1000Km .

we had a stiletto fit with enough scan res (4k+) to allow us catching around 50/60% of the pods, now it is virtually impossible.

4- incorrect struct / armor / shield display when undocking

this one is fairly common, when undocking, 25% of the indicator is red

this happen more and more often!

all those issues happen more and more often since 2 months, and i had confirmation of ppl encountering them eve wide, while they play from several locations worldwide (europe, asia, america, N-zeland).

this is a big hit to pvp, and are game breaking issues that need urgent consideration from CCP!
#2 Posted: 2013.01.23 14:23
bump
#3 Posted: 2013.01.23 16:09
Yeah I agree with and seen these problems myself.

I hate the 25% indicator bug thing. Imagine having to get somewhere in a hurry to fight and you undock with that bug.
C C P Alliance
#4 Posted: 2013.01.23 16:24
While the title of the thread could be improved, it includes several very good issues.

ad 1) This is basically a known issue for how grids are currently working. I would love some improvements, but this will not be easy.

ad 2) For this we would need more information to be able to reproduce this somehow in-house. Please write bug reports, if you have any information. Including client logs and time-stamps of such event would also help a lot to investigate this problem.

ad 3) Could you please describe this problem a bit better?

ad 4) This should be fixed now on Singularity. Please try it out. There is a small possibility that the problem was only shifted to happen a bit differently, like being stuck at 100% or stuck at 0%. Please write a bugreport, if you can still reproduce this somehow on Singularity (and include my name somewhere in the bug report).
CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 
Bug reporting | Mass Testing
#5 Posted: 2013.01.23 16:38  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
Thanks CCP Habakuk to take time investigating those issues.

i'll file reports regarding ad 2) ASAP

about ad3) the issue is plain simple to spot yet pretty hard to explain.

basically, I, along with corp members, used to hunt pods on gate (using my main), with a success ratio between 50 to 60%, thanks to our stiletto using enougth sebos to be able to reach around 4K scan res.

since a few months now, this is not working anymore, and not a single pod can be catched on any gate (unless pilot is auto piloting or screw up), they now warp so fast that you cannot even initiate the lock.

what could help you is that, we from time to time spot another behaviour that might be related (never spotted before the dust merge patch).

pods appears in space and overview (I.E after getting throught the gate we camp) being already at 100+ KM with a speed clearly stating they are ALREADY in warp.

i think this is related to some sort of latency increase, and after investigation, it does not seems related to my connection since:

1- i monitored it and it is still preforming at the very same level (100Mb/s, max latency 16ms)
2- same behaviour reported by pilots within my corp / alliance, and those ppl are being spreaded all over the world, several EU country, US, Canada, New-zeland, Asia

such a latency issue could also explain the ad 2) behaviour.

reagarding ad 4), i'll check further on SiSi

about the title, i'll try to find a better one, but please understand that the accumulation of those issues are a big problem when it comes to pvp, and you encounter them all.

for instance it has already happened that we were not able to fight due to ad 1) in at least 3 occasion, resulting in losses of pocos / pos that could have been avoided shall the bug not being present