EVE General Discussion

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Empire space is not the problem "Occupy Jita"

Author
#1 Posted: 2011.10.30 00:23
It's really not. I've seen so many "ideas" and possible "modifications" to change how Empire space works. Fortunately CCP has been hesitent and rightly so because they know that there are many masses (aka subscribers) clinging to a play style of many subscribers that reside in Empire.

The super skilled and mega rich folk out in zero dot zero space are envious of the masses of potential targets that reside in Empire. Many therefore come to the conclusion that Empire is too easy of a life.

Well fact is... Empire is poor. It takes a lot of grind time to break a billion. Empire maybe where the poor 99% live. The rich are indeed the 1% that live in 0.0 while CCP keeps making advances to make them even richer. Think about the upgrades to 0.0 over the past 4 years. Alliances are making a billion an hour. And SOON they can tax everyone for PI from .4 down. hhmmmm #OWS

Want to get more targets in 0.0? In my opinion, don't change HiSec at all. Appeal to what the carebares know best.

Mining. Make a mining ship that is NOT scram-able (or at least not easy to scram). Give the mining ship some teeth to defend a small gang of four-six gankers.

Because empire is poor, profit *WAS* the promise of low sec and 0.0 sec. But it was a lie that each carebare did his own math to figure out. The risk is 100x the profit. Bloobs, gate camps, roving gangs, small cargo holds, long duration mining cycles... its just not worth the risk for the profit made.

A fighting (at least defending) mining ship would not topple the 0.0 sec alliances.

Do something for the 99%
Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by God
══ ღღ ══ Jamyl Sarum ══ ღღ ══
Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve
#2 Posted: 2011.10.30 00:24
Remove Empire, just make starting systems and +3 around it reasonably guarded by CONCORD. Remove local, remove faction police.

There we go.
AFK-cloaking in a system near you.
#3 Posted: 2011.10.30 01:10
Quote:
Well fact is... Empire is poor. It takes a lot of grind time to break a billion. Empire maybe where the poor 99% live.

Lol

*Cough* Incursions

and level 4 missions I guess if you have good skills
Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.
#4 Posted: 2011.10.30 01:14
ACE McFACE wrote:
Quote:
Well fact is... Empire is poor. It takes a lot of grind time to break a billion. Empire maybe where the poor 99% live.

Lol

*Cough* Incursions

and level 4 missions I guess if you have good skills

Well other then Incursions... the roads... the sewers... the peace and order...

What else have the Romans done for us??? ;)
Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by God
══ ღღ ══ Jamyl Sarum ══ ღღ ══
Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve
Clockwork Pineapple
#5 Posted: 2011.10.30 01:15
Rose Hips wrote:

Well fact is... Empire is poor. It takes a lot of grind time to break a billion. Empire maybe where the poor 99% live. The rich are indeed the 1% that live in 0.0 while CCP keeps making advances to make them even richer. Think about the upgrades to 0.0 over the past 4 years. Alliances are making a billion an hour. And SOON they can tax everyone for PI from .4 down. hhmmmm #OWS

Make a mining ship that is NOT scram-able (or at least not easy to scram). Give the mining ship some teeth to defend a small gang of four-six gankers.

Because empire is poor, profit *WAS* the promise of low sec and 0.0 sec. But it was a lie that each carebare did his own math to figure out. The risk is 100x the profit. Bloobs, gate camps, roving gangs, small cargo holds, long duration mining cycles... its just not worth the risk for the profit made.

A fighting (at least defending) mining ship would not topple the 0.0 sec alliances.

Do something for the 99%

lol teeth enough to defend against 4-6 gankers.... sorry bub, but if its 4v1 you lose in null even if you were flying a BS, which you can mine in if you want to.

just another thinly veiled bucket of "goons melted my barge" tears
#6 Posted: 2011.10.30 01:16
Misanth wrote:
Remove Empire, just make starting systems and +3 around it reasonably guarded by CONCORD. Remove local, remove faction police.

There we go.

You forgot #5

"Kill game for people that don't play the way you do"
The pie is a tautology
#7 Posted: 2011.10.30 01:21
Misanth wrote:

There we go.

That should drive all the carebears away, then you'll be competing with other games that are out and are coming out to try and replace their numbers. Also a lot of mining and manufacturing would cease, you'll probably need the NeX store selling ships to keep your pew pew going. But I suspect that even some of the PvPers would leave too.

If you got your way, all I'd say is good luck, you'll need it.