Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fleet Broadcast Sound

Author
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#1 - 2013-05-23 00:31:46 UTC
Would love CCP if you guys added a noise for various fleet broadcasts like the shield/armor/hull warnings Big smile
United Federation of Conifers
#2 - 2013-05-23 01:30:37 UTC
I agree, there should be an audible warning whenever there is a fleet broadcast. There have been a number of times when i've missed a broadcast because i wasn't sat staring blindly into the fleet window watching for broadcasts.

Also I'd say that they could also make the visual cues for broadcasts easier to see. For my eyes most of the broadcast icons seem too small. They could do to be a bit larger.

Just my thoughts
The Initiative.
#3 - 2013-05-23 08:32:16 UTC
I'd have a love/hate relationship with this I think. On one hand, I DO really like my Oneiros and Augororororor's. On the other hand, fleet comms can get REALLY chaotic sometimes, even with the most disciplined fleets. Do I want another noise in there making it so I can't hear 'align out?' Do I want another way for that guy to annoy the ENTIRE fleet by spamming 'need armor?'

However, if there was also a toggle option, then THIS could be a VERY useful tool. On a similar note, I know we can toggle/select what broadcasts we see and don't see, but could we color code cap/armor/shield? That'd help the visual quite a bit.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

#4 - 2013-05-23 13:33:37 UTC
Yup, fleet broadcasts can be easily missed in the heat of battle. Any kind of audible prompt to check the fleet broadcast window would be useful.