Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mining Foreman mindlink availability fix!

Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-22 00:16:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jay Hazelwood
Ok, I'm like many new pilots looking forward to getting myself into a rorqual or orca, and after reaching near maximum skills i realize that I need this implant to be a successful Orca or Rorqual pilot, but the prices outrageous even compared to other mindlinks

I'm aware the issue is caused by supply and demand, and a supply that CCP changed with Incarna adding addition missions to the storyline pool therefore decreasing the change of getting the missions that gives this implant.

With the upcoming skill requirement changes, which makes me think CCP wants everyone and there dog mining and if the supply is already short, and demand about to peak, please for the love of god CCP fix this!!

Odyssey Orca skill change

Thanks
The Initiative.
#2 - 2013-05-23 08:38:06 UTC
Jay Hazelwood wrote:
Ok, I'm like many new pilots looking forward to getting myself into a rorqual or orca, and after reaching near maximum skills i realize that I need this implant to be a successful Orca or Rorqual pilot, but the prices outrageous even compared to other mindlinks

I'm aware the issue is caused by supply and demand, and a supply that CCP changed with Incarna adding addition missions to the storyline pool therefore decreasing the change of getting the missions that gives this implant.

With the upcoming skill requirement changes, which makes me think CCP wants everyone and there dog mining and if the supply is already short, and demand about to peak, please for the love of god CCP fix this!!

Odyssey Orca skill change

Thanks

This implant is possibly one of the most extreme of the mindlinks. This char is a nearly maxed fleet booster, and my alt has a perfect orca, so I DO have some idea of what I'm talking about. The foreman mindlink should not EVER be cheap. A bil is the absolute cheapest it should be. I managed to get my alt podded at one point with one plugged in. Yes, replacing it hurt. But given just how extreme it's effects are on exhumers in particular, this implant SHOULD be very expensive, and SHOULD be hard to get.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

#3 - 2013-05-23 11:36:46 UTC
The mining foreman mindlink is worth every last ISK you pay for it. It's the only mindlink in the game that directly boosts your ISK making potential, so it qualifies for production capital funding. None of the combat mindlinks improve your DPS, so they don't contribute to ISK making potential: sure you can field a tougher tank, a faster ship, and perhaps you can shift some of your tanking slots over to DPS slots: but you'd be far better off having that booster alt flying a combat ship and doubling your DPS.

The current billion-and-change price for the Mindlink reflects it's utility value more than its scarcity.

As far as implants of any kind go, I'd like to see them all player-manufactured rather than magicked up via the LP store. The LP store might provide some basic ingredients, but the manufacture should involve hunting expertise (farming the brains of NPCs), then assembling an implant using PI.
Unsung Blades
#4 - 2013-05-23 17:20:10 UTC
actually it is not the only mind link to boost ur isk making

both the siege/armor mind links used with legion and tengu off grid boosters allow u to fit less tank and more gank for incursions/missions/wormholes and what ever else u do that requires tank/dps.

the mining mind link used to be the one that droped most from shipyard theft before the agent changes. it ran around 90 mill give or take then just spiked shortly after the change that made agent types down to 4 types and all of em qual 20.

for now u either gotta pay it or go run missions till u get shipyard theft with the mining link as reward :P
Callentus Holzine
#5 - 2013-05-23 18:16:50 UTC
All Mindlinks are game changers in relation to the boosts they give. In the five fields.

In fact, looking at raw bonuses, you'll get twice the extra boost juice on a T2link on a freaking mindlinky drake vs a T2 unimplanted "command ship" (orca, t3, cs).
#6 - 2013-05-23 18:52:27 UTC
in it's current state, the mining foreman mindlink is worth every isk. it's paid for itself quite easily already and i've only had it for a few months.
#7 - 2013-05-23 19:11:37 UTC
I bought mine for 600m and when I did it was up a bunch from the 300m that it was when I started my orca alt. The change happened with an expansion of the number of level 4 storyline missions. the number that drop has not been changed the frequency the mission that drops them has not been coming up as often.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Silent Infinity
#8 - 2013-05-23 19:46:44 UTC
ccp said they dont like the way the mindlinks change the game and that boosting so heavily relies on them. they're supposed to be changed...
i dont know if i would buy one till after the command ship plans are announced.

if they chnge em then, itll affect everything. plus, with off grid boosting going away, its going to be VERY ricky putting a 2.5 bill rorqual plus 1.4 bill mind link in the field. thats a 4 bill kill without mods.

save the iskies. wait till the patch and see what changes
#9 - 2013-05-23 21:43:31 UTC
the offgrid boosting changes don't even have an estimated date, let alone a firm one. you'll easily make your isk back on a 1bn isk mining foreman implant. if you can't make your isk back between now and then, you're probably not mining enough to even warrant having a booster pilot anyway.