Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Details and update on the Ice Anomaly design

First post First post
Author
Caldari State
#361 - 2013-06-14 23:04:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Aveneer Walker
been sitting in a ice system for 6hrs waiting for the magical respawn? Did something get broke? 7hrs and no respawn of ice field in Arveyil, scanned down all contacts. whats wrong here?
Gallente Federation
#362 - 2013-06-15 04:51:31 UTC
I had 2 ppl tell me it was over 4 hrs today

Perhaps submit petition
#363 - 2013-06-15 10:04:19 UTC
I can understand why they change the ice.
But i see that an anomaly only resist about 30 min and you need to wait 4hours for the next.

CCP should increase the ice in the filed, the ice harvester duration and decrease the time between ice anomaly respawn.
I am not looking for a eternal ice field, but a system where my toons can live from ice.
#364 - 2013-06-15 17:21:03 UTC
energypills wrote:
Null Exchange wrote:
To all the solo miners and their whining... this is a MMO. It can be, but is not intended to be played solo. The best rewards are for those who cooperate with other players. Adapt or find something else to do.

Also - If your POS relied on you mining the fuel to keep it running, you were doing it wrong. All economic equations of the money making venture you were doing should have included the market cost of the fuel before deciding to start the activity. The extra money made by mining it yourself should have been seen as that, extra profit.



Do you REALLY think that this game is NOT intended to be played solo just because it is MMO? MMO means Multi Player. That means there are multiple players - that does not mean a player isn't meant to played solo. Don't go making stuff up - you don't know what you are talking about. I am not whining but in actuality whining will get you pretty far in this world.



Exactly. Multi-player means just that; there's otther plays to interact with. It doesn't mean that one has to work with them.

As a miner one interacts with the other pilots by means of the markets and, to some extent, competition for the ores.

What MMO doesn't mean, or shouldn't mean, is that one player has to invest in a fleet of pilots to make it a Multiple Mini-Me Organised game to get things done. Nor should it demand that one has to work alongside other players.

There's a lot of players out here, not all but a fair number, whose real-life constraints mean that they can't sit down for hours at an end every evening and play Eve. With the current system these players are excluded from Ice mining.

No problem, there's always rocks to pound on an ad-hoc basis until I, at least, can spend a day in pvp which is also an example of interaction within an MMO. So, really, your point is sadly misguided.

Regards

Pam:  I wonder what my name means in Welsh?Nessa: Why?

Minmatar Republic
#365 - 2013-06-15 17:48:18 UTC
I found an ice mining location. Not too hard to find. Had to warp into a few systems before finding the locale. So far it does not seem to be too onerous to mine. Can't complain.
Goonswarm Federation
#366 - 2013-06-16 23:15:56 UTC
Seems like there's a glut of ice and plenty of stockpiles. Prices are not rising and basically no icefields in low/null are used.

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

#367 - 2013-06-17 10:17:28 UTC
pmchem wrote:
Seems like there's a glut of ice and plenty of stockpiles.


that's probably because people like me were mining ice for about a month or more before odyssey and haven't sold a single unit of it yet.
C C P Alliance
#368 - 2013-06-18 15:19:06 UTC
Hey guys we have an update and bugfix to announce.

The systems of Feshur, Anath and Pemsah in low-sec Aridia were not properly given ice anoms in Odyssey, because of a bug caused by their low truesec. These systems are the three lowest truesec ice belts in lowsec, and are in a range that actually gets rounded down to 0.0 for most calculations.

When fixing this defect we decided that the uniquely low truesec in these systems makes them ideal for some unique flavor, so they will have the distinction of being the only low-sec systems to contain the "Weak Nullsec" Ice Anoms.

The fix should be deployed shortly.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#369 - 2013-06-18 15:20:56 UTC
... Nice. Awesome idea!

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Shadow Cartel
#370 - 2013-06-18 15:25:38 UTC
I endorse this plan. Makes doubly good sense because Aridia is so isolated.

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#371 - 2013-06-18 15:47:41 UTC
/me stocks up on torps and heads off.
Goonswarm Federation
#372 - 2013-06-18 15:59:34 UTC
This should represent a 2% increase in lowsec mining volume... from .5% to .51%

Blink

(It's a neat idea though, I approve)

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Goonswarm Federation
#373 - 2013-06-18 16:14:48 UTC
Where?

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Arataka Research Consortium
#374 - 2013-06-18 21:47:46 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys we have an update and bugfix to announce.

The systems of Feshur, Anath and Pemsah in low-sec Aridia were not properly given ice anoms in Odyssey, because of a bug caused by their low truesec. These systems are the three lowest truesec ice belts in lowsec, and are in a range that actually gets rounded down to 0.0 for most calculations.

When fixing this defect we decided that the uniquely low truesec in these systems makes them ideal for some unique flavor, so they will have the distinction of being the only low-sec systems to contain the "Weak Nullsec" Ice Anoms.

The fix should be deployed shortly.


There is also the system of Cumemare that had nullsec ice that was removed in the expansion.
C C P Alliance
#375 - 2013-06-19 01:00:34 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Onslaughtor wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys we have an update and bugfix to announce.

The systems of Feshur, Anath and Pemsah in low-sec Aridia were not properly given ice anoms in Odyssey, because of a bug caused by their low truesec. These systems are the three lowest truesec ice belts in lowsec, and are in a range that actually gets rounded down to 0.0 for most calculations.

When fixing this defect we decided that the uniquely low truesec in these systems makes them ideal for some unique flavor, so they will have the distinction of being the only low-sec systems to contain the "Weak Nullsec" Ice Anoms.

The fix should be deployed shortly.


There is also the system of Cumemare that had nullsec ice that was removed in the expansion.


Most of the 0.1 systems went from 0.0 to lowsec ice and this was by design for Odyssey. Cumemare shouldn't have encountered the same bug and should have ice anoms spawning now, I'll double check when I get to work tomorrow.

:Edit: Yup Cumemare is spawning the correct Ice Anom.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#376 - 2013-06-19 08:18:48 UTC
To compress 1 ore anomaly need 3 hour of work of a rorqual, but to compress one ice anomaly need 12 hours , may be to reduce manufacturing time of the blueprints for ice from 1 minute to 25 seconds?
Goonswarm Federation
#377 - 2013-06-22 22:02:18 UTC
I have some questions:

how are the numbers for ice mining out of high sec?

0.0 / low sec ice mining went up, down, is the same?

Ice consumption in Eve went up, down, is the same?

What I preview happened (people cut on ice consumption and 0.0 numbers are the same) or CCP plan worked (people are starting to mine ice in 0.0 and replacing high sec)?

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

C C P Alliance
#378 - 2013-06-23 21:06:02 UTC
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
I have some questions:

how are the numbers for ice mining out of high sec?

0.0 / low sec ice mining went up, down, is the same?

Ice consumption in Eve went up, down, is the same?

What I preview happened (people cut on ice consumption and 0.0 numbers are the same) or CCP plan worked (people are starting to mine ice in 0.0 and replacing high sec)?


I won't give anything close to exact numbers because those would be incredibly valuable for price predictions but I can talk a bit about the way we're looking at these metrics, how we feel about them at this early stage.

Overall we're happy with what we're seeing so far, but it's far too early to tell what the total impact of the Odyssey changes will be long-term. We're still near the start of an extended period of transition where the markets adjust to the new realities and player behavior adapts to find the optimal methods of profit making in the new ice landscape. Honestly these kinds of transition periods can take years and I probably won't feel comfortable saying "mission accomplished" until we've been able to observe the effects for at least a year. Our key goals during this period are to ensure that any price and supply shocks are manageable and that the overall market and gameplay effects are pointing in the right direction. On both counts we're quite happy right now.

Ice mining volume in high sec is obviously significantly lower right now than it was in the big rush immediately before Odyssey, but it's also above where it was a year ago, which places it well within our target range for this period.

Volume in lowsec and nullsec are both up (although they are still well below high sec of course) and the combination of increased ice volume and growing ore volume has given last week the record for the most mining ever done in lowsec.

Consumption of ice products is very healthy, and there was actually more control towers online last Friday than there was at Odyssey's launch.

So overall we're still extremely early in the process of evaluating the changes caused by Odyssey's ice rebalance, but nothing we're seeing so far gives us any reason to doubt our grand plan.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Caldari State
#379 - 2013-06-23 22:35:34 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
I have some questions:

how are the numbers for ice mining out of high sec?

0.0 / low sec ice mining went up, down, is the same?

Ice consumption in Eve went up, down, is the same?

What I preview happened (people cut on ice consumption and 0.0 numbers are the same) or CCP plan worked (people are starting to mine ice in 0.0 and replacing high sec)?


I won't give anything close to exact numbers because those would be incredibly valuable for price predictions but I can talk a bit about the way we're looking at these metrics, how we feel about them at this early stage.

Overall we're happy with what we're seeing so far, but it's far too early to tell what the total impact of the Odyssey changes will be long-term. We're still near the start of an extended period of transition where the markets adjust to the new realities and player behavior adapts to find the optimal methods of profit making in the new ice landscape. Honestly these kinds of transition periods can take years and I probably won't feel comfortable saying "mission accomplished" until we've been able to observe the effects for at least a year. Our key goals during this period are to ensure that any price and supply shocks are manageable and that the overall market and gameplay effects are pointing in the right direction. On both counts we're quite happy right now.

Ice mining volume in high sec is obviously significantly lower right now than it was in the big rush immediately before Odyssey, but it's also above where it was a year ago, which places it well within our target range for this period.

Volume in lowsec and nullsec are both up (although they are still well below high sec of course) and the combination of increased ice volume and growing ore volume has given last week the record for the most mining ever done in lowsec.

Consumption of ice products is very healthy, and there was actually more control towers online last Friday than there was at Odyssey's launch.

So overall we're still extremely early in the process of evaluating the changes caused by Odyssey's ice rebalance, but nothing we're seeing so far gives us any reason to doubt our grand plan.



Of course there are more towers you added more moons ;)

However you made it alot harder for ice miners to cope with the increased rate by not altering rorq compression for 0.0.

I also like how you made it easier to gank miners in hidden belts, thanks :)
Goonswarm Federation
#380 - 2013-06-30 17:21:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Sir Marksalot
Praerian wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
I have some questions:

how are the numbers for ice mining out of high sec?

0.0 / low sec ice mining went up, down, is the same?

Ice consumption in Eve went up, down, is the same?

What I preview happened (people cut on ice consumption and 0.0 numbers are the same) or CCP plan worked (people are starting to mine ice in 0.0 and replacing high sec)?


I won't give anything close to exact numbers because those would be incredibly valuable for price predictions but I can talk a bit about the way we're looking at these metrics, how we feel about them at this early stage.

Overall we're happy with what we're seeing so far, but it's far too early to tell what the total impact of the Odyssey changes will be long-term. We're still near the start of an extended period of transition where the markets adjust to the new realities and player behavior adapts to find the optimal methods of profit making in the new ice landscape. Honestly these kinds of transition periods can take years and I probably won't feel comfortable saying "mission accomplished" until we've been able to observe the effects for at least a year. Our key goals during this period are to ensure that any price and supply shocks are manageable and that the overall market and gameplay effects are pointing in the right direction. On both counts we're quite happy right now.

Ice mining volume in high sec is obviously significantly lower right now than it was in the big rush immediately before Odyssey, but it's also above where it was a year ago, which places it well within our target range for this period.

Volume in lowsec and nullsec are both up (although they are still well below high sec of course) and the combination of increased ice volume and growing ore volume has given last week the record for the most mining ever done in lowsec.

Consumption of ice products is very healthy, and there was actually more control towers online last Friday than there was at Odyssey's launch.

So overall we're still extremely early in the process of evaluating the changes caused by Odyssey's ice rebalance, but nothing we're seeing so far gives us any reason to doubt our grand plan.



Of course there are more towers you added more moons ;)

However you made it alot harder for ice miners to cope with the increased rate by not altering rorq compression for 0.0.

I also like how you made it easier to gank miners in hidden belts, thanks :)


Rorqual compression has always been pretty horrible. Now it's just laughable rather than useless.

e: I'll elaborate a little here. Rorquals can only keep up with the mining output from a few (3?) ice mining hulks. Ore isn't as bad, but the ability to compress minerals by making guns and ammo just makes it obsolete.
Forum Jump