Issues, Workarounds & Localization

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

8 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

SMAs not dropping ships, large objects no longer dropping as loot

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#21 Posted: 2013.05.20 18:18  |  Edited by: Istyn
I completely forgot this thread existed.

An update for you -

One of our guys had a chat with CCP Masterplan and some other devs at Fanfest about the bug who recognised it as a major issue - the bug report was filtered the same day and attached to a new defect.

So, it is being worked on now.
#22 Posted: 2013.05.20 18:45
Istyn wrote:

An update for you -

One of our guys had a chat with CCP Masterplan and some other devs at Fanfest about the bug who recognised it as a major issue - the bug report was filtered the same day and attached to a new defect.

I hope you don't take it being attached to a defect meaning that they're working on it. I've bugs attached to defects for years and still haven't been fixed. Don't think it's likely that corporation transactions (buy or sell, all wallets) is that hard to fix that they actually need 3 years to fix it.

But if CCP devs have said that it's a major issue, maybe they'll get around to fixing it faster than that...

That said, it's very very sad that you need to talk to developers directly to get your bug report processed. Isn't that what BH/QA should be doing....
Shadow Cartel
#23 Posted: 2013.05.21 01:59
We too have experienced this issue. Killed a JF, salvaged it and the loot disappeared.

I once had a Charon drop from a SMA, bloody stupid that can't happen now.
Vote Item Heck One for CSM8
#24 Posted: 2013.05.21 02:19
Rutger Janssen wrote:
Istyn wrote:

An update for you -

I hope you don't take it being attached to a defect meaning that they're working on it. I've bugs attached to defects for years and still haven't been fixed. Don't think it's likely that corporation transactions (buy or sell, all wallets) is that hard to fix that they actually need 3 years to fix it.

But if CCP devs have said that it's a major issue, maybe they'll get around to fixing it faster than that...

That said, it's very very sad that you need to talk to developers directly to get your bug report processed. Isn't that what BH/QA should be doing....

From what I was told the response when it was mentioned that it not only affected wrecks but POS modules as well was 'Oh ****, this is a big ******* deal' or sometihng along those lines. Then it seems that Masterplan actually ran off and manually searched for my bug report (they forgot to pass on the ID) to have it filtered and attached to a defect within a few hours.

So, I'm confident they're actually working on it and taking it seriously. Or at the very least, Masterplan and the other devs that it was mentioned to are.
#25 Posted: 2013.06.01 00:44  |  Edited by: LaserzPewPew
I have blown up dozens of SMAs in the last few months and often a yellow can appears and disappears in the same second. Never has anything dropped, besides that yellow can that instantly disappears.

This is certainly a bug, the can dropped, there were ships in them, I want them.
D3vil's Childr3n
#26 Posted: 2013.06.01 03:36  |  Edited by: Maxisabe
Have been staring at 18 SMA's in a caged POS for the last day.

So at the end of this we will get absolutely **** all?

Its already really hard/impossible to get ransoms out of people, at least if there forced to self destruct we get to see some fireworks during the long hours of boredom and theres always a chance they don't have that one person who can fly that shiny capital.
Ninja Unicorns with Huge Horns
#27 Posted: 2013.06.01 03:57
The bug is still around.
I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK.
 I AM A LOWSEC GANKER, HIGHSEC SCUM, NULLSEC BASTARD, WORMHOLE INVADER.
Welcome to, welcome to, welcome to my scramble. ♥
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#28 Posted: 2013.06.01 13:31
Also experienced this issue.
#29 Posted: 2013.06.01 18:22
I've opened a petition for this one, I got a ragemail from the guy saying the contents were 'unreplaceable'

Are we SOL or will a petition grant what should have dropped? I shot it, I should get it.
#30 Posted: 2013.06.19 10:10
Bug still here. Signed.
#31 Posted: 2013.06.22 06:41  |  Edited by: Istyn
According to Masterplan a fix wasn't able to be implemented into Odyssey as the issue is more complex than it first appeared. but they have been working on it.

LaserzPewPew wrote:
I've opened a petition for this one, I got a ragemail from the guy saying the contents were 'unreplaceable'

Are we SOL or will a petition grant what should have dropped? I shot it, I should get it.

Under the GMs reimbursement policy you won't be able to get anything. Wreck, etc. contents are regarded as the property of the owner even if you've got a looter sat right there and nobody else in local/anything to affect it being 'yours' other than the bug.
Ninja Unicorns with Huge Horns
#32 Posted: 2013.06.22 15:54
BUT IT WONT STOP ME TO BUMP THIS THREAD WITH MY BARE HANDS
I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK.
 I AM A LOWSEC GANKER, HIGHSEC SCUM, NULLSEC BASTARD, WORMHOLE INVADER.
Welcome to, welcome to, welcome to my scramble. ♥
W-Space
#33 Posted: 2013.06.23 15:36
CCP don't care about our problems with loot. Go home.
Caldari State
#34 Posted: 2013.06.25 14:45
Spam this post everywhere. This mechanics are totaly broken and not many people know about it. This was the only reward for doing a super boring POS bash and now that its gone there is literally no fun for a small group of people to kill a pos and get some loot out of it.

This must be fixed RIGHT now.
Cerberus Unleashed
#35 Posted: 2013.06.25 14:50
Ilaister wrote:
So, as a group, the WH community gives a not a toss about this?

Beyond multiple bug reports/petitions - and this thread - I see no outcry at all. Is there something I missed?

I am surprised. And peeved. And not only because my alt has spent several weeks scoping shiny things in someone else's hole.

*OUTCRY*

There it is. CCP, fix this, ASAP.
Goonswarm Federation
#36 Posted: 2013.06.25 15:50
This problem also exists when you salvage a freighter carrying more than 27,000 m3. Oh, all that juicy loot you just suicided 15 guys to get? *Poof* Gone.
Ocularis Inferno
#37 Posted: 2013.06.25 16:18
Its not the fact the bug exists that bothers me. Bugs happen, its a fact of life. What really bothers me is how CCP is handling this. Its simply appalling to me support is quite literally saying "Working as intended, no reimbursement for you".

ITS A BUG. ITS *NOT* WORKING AS INTENDED.

The fact CCP supports the GMs decisions of not honoring reimbursements for a BUG is just simply appalling to me. I mean this is EA levels of bad customer service.

Whats even more egregious is the Devs are supporting the GMs positions of "Working as intended".

How on earth you can award skillpoints for outages but not reimburse for bugs is simply unacceptable. This should be the #1 priority for every paying customer and every CSM. Not because of the effect of the bug on gameplay, but because of the reprehensible behavior of CCP towards people affected by this bug. This is unacceptable, and we as a community really need to hold CCP accountable for this egregous behavior.
#38 Posted: 2013.06.25 17:45
Let me get this straight. CCP have changed a specific mechanism that means its not as tastey to gank someones P.O.S?

The changes mean its not possible to loot lets say a Rokh if you destroy a hanger in a W.H? well logically you shouldnt be able to loot any ship if you blow up the building it is within!

I also like it that you guys call it "A Bug" when you can smash up everyone else's stuff they have worked on. But oh say, Logging off cloaked in a W.H isnt seen as a bug lol

SO hypocritical.

"This problem also exists when you salvage a freighter carrying more than 27,000 m3. Oh, all that juicy loot you just suicided 15 guys to get? *Poof* Gone."

This say's everything you need to know about the mentality of Worm Hole Gankers! lol
Rote Kapelle
#39 Posted: 2013.06.25 18:11
I would agree, CCP needs to "fix" this issue. We lost out on several billions worth of ships recently.
#40 Posted: 2013.06.25 21:01
A fix for this is definitively needed. The prospect of rich loot can fuel conflict.
8 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page