Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Rubicon] [Updated] Interdictor Rebalance

First post First post
Author
Rote Kapelle
#421 - 2013-10-28 15:57:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Andendare
It doesn't particularly make a lot of sense that you've moved these ships away from speed and toward survivability. Their purpose is to interdict and obstruct fleet movements with bubbles. Having a faster warp speed (even at the cost of ehp) was more in line with this philosophy. Increasing ehp? I mean, come on, let's think about this: these things are destroyers. They're not going to survive. If you want something tanky to hold a bubble, use a HIC. These differentiated themselves as quick bubble platforms (capable of overtaking even a small, fast frigate fleet), and they excelled at this much more. Now, they're "tanky" (what?) destroyers that are as slow as T2 frigates.

edit: Additionally, it feels like this latest round of changes moves the ship away from "specialization." If the community really wants a tanky T2 destroyer, then make another line of real tanky destroyers from the newest ones that is just that: an actual tanky T2 destroyer made to destroy things. Don't shoehorn these specialized fleet interdicting ships into that role as well.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Caldari State
#422 - 2013-10-28 15:57:45 UTC
No shout out?... Cry
Brave Collective
#423 - 2013-10-28 15:57:52 UTC
Interesting!

Good:

  1. Won't get asked to fit double bubbles anymore!
  2. Might be able to squeeze in a scan probe launcher!
  3. One low on Flycatcher continues to make Caldari pilots cry!


Confusing:

  1. People try to shoot things with dictors?
  2. People think dictors survive a big fight?
  3. No matter what changes, I'll still get told to fly a Sabre.
Goonswarm Federation
#424 - 2013-10-28 15:59:35 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Magazine terminology corrected. :)

You've missed a great opportunity here -- namely, to call it "clipazine" and make the spergs on both side of the aisle angry.

In all seriousness, though, this is a very good change, especially to the interdiction sphere launcher. Too many times I've been sitting on a gatecamp, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the sphere launcher to come off cooldown so I can ensure that a pod does not escape. The ASB-style reload mechanic means I don't have to wait any more.

One question -- can the new interdiction sphere launcher reload while cloaked? Having to hang out uncloaked on grid for a full minute, especially in a large fleet fight, would be darn near suicidal for the dictor, and just plain inconvenient otherwise. It's not a huge thing, but if it's possible, it'd be much appreciated.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

#425 - 2013-10-28 16:00:55 UTC
Question about their description:
Can fit Interdiction Sphere Launchers

Shouldn't the be
Launcher? Seeing how they can only fit 1 not multiple?(Same with marauders and bastion)

For some reason I can't delete my signature o.o

C C P Alliance
#426 - 2013-10-28 16:02:02 UTC
Querns wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Magazine terminology corrected. :)

You've missed a great opportunity here -- namely, to call it "clipazine" and make the spergs on both side of the aisle angry.

In all seriousness, though, this is a very good change, especially to the interdiction sphere launcher. Too many times I've been sitting on a gatecamp, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the sphere launcher to come off cooldown so I can ensure that a pod does not escape. The ASB-style reload mechanic means I don't have to wait any more.

One question -- can the new interdiction sphere launcher reload while cloaked? Having to hang out uncloaked on grid for a full minute, especially in a large fleet fight, would be darn near suicidal for the dictor, and just plain inconvenient otherwise. It's not a huge thing, but if it's possible, it'd be much appreciated.


It can't reload while cloaked. This is probably the part of the change that will have the most disruptive effect on current dictor tactics. However with the new resists and bonus pilots may choose to keep shooting while reloading and warping away and back is also always an option.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Caldari State
#427 - 2013-10-28 16:02:23 UTC
Querns wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Magazine terminology corrected. :)

You've missed a great opportunity here -- namely, to call it "clipazine" and make the spergs on both side of the aisle angry.

In all seriousness, though, this is a very good change, especially to the interdiction sphere launcher. Too many times I've been sitting on a gatecamp, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the sphere launcher to come off cooldown so I can ensure that a pod does not escape. The ASB-style reload mechanic means I don't have to wait any more.

One question -- can the new interdiction sphere launcher reload while cloaked? Having to hang out uncloaked on grid for a full minute, especially in a large fleet fight, would be darn near suicidal for the dictor, and just plain inconvenient otherwise. It's not a huge thing, but if it's possible, it'd be much appreciated.

While reloading, take the opportunity to blow up some enemy frigates and support like a boss. Twisted
Northern Coalition.
#428 - 2013-10-28 16:06:00 UTC
Just Awesome, thanks for the SigRadius bonus CCP, finally, I wait for 6 years to fly Dictors, now I start training for them ;)

"Vince Draken > gonna carry neuts just incase i come accross you" <------ Now you gonna need carry a Micro Jump Drive !!
Goonswarm Federation
#429 - 2013-10-28 16:10:49 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

It can't reload while cloaked. This is probably the part of the change that will have the most disruptive effect on current dictor tactics. However with the new resists and bonus pilots may choose to keep shooting while reloading and warping away and back is also always an option.

Hrm, that is gonna make things different then, yeah. The numbers are fairly well tuned, though. I guess it's easier just to adapt. Thanks for the information :)

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Amarr Empire
#430 - 2013-10-28 16:14:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Antillie Sa'Kan
RIP flying coffins. You will not be missed.

I, for one, welcome our new combat interdictor overlords. They will be great fun now and I look forward to flying them and loosing them.
#431 - 2013-10-28 16:19:57 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
No shout out?... Cry


technically i was first

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3740749#post3740749

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Pandemic Legion
#432 - 2013-10-28 16:27:00 UTC
My neutral prober will have Heretic 4 when Rubicon hits TQ. RIP any fleet.

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

Gallente Federation
#433 - 2013-10-28 16:27:34 UTC
The version 2 pass is much better; especially the changes to the bubble launcher mechanics and survivability. Good job CCP.
Goonswarm Federation
#434 - 2013-10-28 16:34:16 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
No shout out?... Cry


Your head is inflated enough from this as it is. If he gave you a shoutout, it'd probably explode and there'd be bits of bone and brain all over the place.


Oops wait, no, only bone.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Goonswarm Federation
#435 - 2013-10-28 16:38:21 UTC
Oh -- one other thing -- could I request that, in some future release, that the UI be tweaked to show a reload timer on guns and other reloadables like the ASB and the new interdiction sphere launcher? One of the things I hate about the current interdiction sphere launcher is there was no way to tell when it was ready to launch a new bubble. The new one won't really have this problem, but the reload timer is long enough that some sort of visual indicator of its reload progress would be appreciated.

You could display it like the gun cycle timer -- a circle that slowly gets drawn around the outside of the module's icon to indicate reloading progress. Maybe make it a different color than the gun cycle timer, and have it draw counterclockwise (compared to the clockwise action of the gun cycle timer.)

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Amarr Empire
#436 - 2013-10-28 16:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Ben Kerensky
I'm loving these changes; I do have a consideration for you!

As the Flycatcher's weapons specialty is missile/rocket bonuses, have you considered changing the model for the Flycatcher from the Cormorant's to the Corax's to suit?

You'd have to divert a little development pizza, cookies, and soda to the Art team to get the model re-painted in blue and grimdark, but I think a lot of people would fly a Bubble Submarine on aesthetic principle alone, pending rebalance aside...

Quote:

  • No matter what changes, I'll still get told to fly a Sabre.


^ Ahaha
Against ALL Authorities
#437 - 2013-10-28 16:50:31 UTC
Wow.

So the moment someone noticed that the Heretic is actually, you know, better than the Sabre in certain scenarios, you nerf it and buff the Sabre.

Also, congrats on listening to the most idiotic suggestions. Launch 3 probes in rapid succession? Why would you ever need to do that - launching two is already suicide.

One interdiction sphere per ship - do you really think that all of a sudden fleet interdictors will fit guns/scram? They won't - because at the end of the day all of it remains useless. The only thing you can bet on is that now fleets will have to have double the amount of interdictors...

Slow warp speed? I don't think you understand that an Interdictor needs that warp speed advantage to do its job.

MWD bonus? Yay - CCP has no idea what to do, and is handing out overpowered bonus' left and right. Good luck killing a Sabre with a well-timed bomb. It shall now join the ranks of AF immunity wise.

Roll back the changes. V1 was okay - the only thing that needed to be fixed was the Eris, by giving it more CPU. Everything else was reasonably buffed.

And please stop listening to people that have never flown the ship.
Gallente Federation
#438 - 2013-10-28 16:51:03 UTC
I don't get this trend with Roden ships away from missiles. There's reasons for them having missiles implied in PF and COSMOS, ie clandestine links to Caldari corps, and we have Duvolle for hybrid weapons. Creodron covers drone ships of course.

The Roden ships should have bonuses for Thermal missiles which is a niche no other ships have in the game other than the Nemesis.

Please don't gut the backstory to make Roden ships into something Duvolle Labs could have done..
#439 - 2013-10-28 16:58:03 UTC
Updated changes are great. These are actually ships now instead of "coffins" as Fozzie put it.
Can you see the rapier?: http://imgur.com/aFelCpv,GH6lqDE
Goonswarm Federation
#440 - 2013-10-28 16:58:09 UTC
Marian Devers wrote:
Wow.

So the moment someone noticed that the Heretic is actually, you know, better than the Sabre in certain scenarios, you nerf it and buff the Sabre.

Also, congrats on listening to the most idiotic suggestions. Launch 3 probes in rapid succession? Why would you ever need to do that - launching two is already suicide.

One interdiction sphere per ship - do you really think that all of a sudden fleet interdictors will fit guns/scram? They won't - because at the end of the day all of it remains useless. The only thing you can bet on is that now fleets will have to have double the amount of interdictors...

Slow warp speed? I don't think you understand that an Interdictor needs that warp speed advantage to do its job.

MWD bonus? Yay - CCP has no idea what to do, and is handing out overpowered bonus' left and right. Good luck killing a Sabre with a well-timed bomb. It shall now join the ranks of AF immunity wise.

Roll back the changes. V1 was okay - the only thing that needed to be fixed was the Eris, by giving it more CPU. Everything else was reasonably buffed.

And please stop listening to people that have never flown the ship.

Wow. Just, wow. So, rather than being able to launch 2-3 bubbles in quick succession, you'd prefer to horribly gimp your fit to logjam two bubble launchers onto a dictor? 100 extra CPU makes fitting a tank a whole lot easier!

The new interdiction sphere launcher proposed is qualitatively better than the current model in nearly every single way.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Forum Jump