Author
#141 Posted: 2013.10.29 13:47
TigerXtrm wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Stats
$11,000 worth of ETC sales so far
Made $560 for my self
160b isk given out
RMT for everyone. Soon i will be running a 3rd party service free as long as you sign up for a affiliate account with shattered crystal and through my link Join the affiilate program . Basiclly you will get the normal affiliate 5% of sales and i get a additional 1% of the sales you make. So its free for you and you make the same money.I will send all my customers to you guys. I will do checks when someone claims your scamming and i can verify things. Im still working more of the details out with shattered crystal but they are very supportive.

Heh, this has the potential to completely escalate out of control once more people start doing it. Gotta love it.

you can verify things?

what about ccp's endorsement of a similar player run service, can you beat that
^^ Delicious goon ((tech nerf, siphon, drone assist, supercap)) tears.

Taking a wrecking ball to the futile hopes and broken dreams of skillless blobbers.
Pasta Syndicate
#142 Posted: 2013.10.29 13:54
ISD Suvetar wrote:
We (ISD) have decided to use this thread as a container so that people may post their views.

You are a merciful God.
#143 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:12  |  Edited by: RAW23
TigerXtrm wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Stats
$11,000 worth of ETC sales so far
Made $560 for my self
160b isk given out
RMT for everyone. Soon i will be running a 3rd party service free as long as you sign up for a affiliate account with shattered crystal and through my link Join the affiilate program . Basiclly you will get the normal affiliate 5% of sales and i get a additional 1% of the sales you make. So its free for you and you make the same money.I will send all my customers to you guys. I will do checks when someone claims your scamming and i can verify things. Im still working more of the details out with shattered crystal but they are very supportive.

Heh, this has the potential to completely escalate out of control once more people start doing it. Gotta love it.

This is where it gets interesting. It can only be 'out of control' if there is something problematic about it in the first place. Clearly, CCP's own rhetoric on the subject of RMT opposes it in principle in all its forms (except, you know, PLEX ...). RMTers are bad people and RMT is bad for the game. Now, if they do decide that it's out of control when everyone starts doing it, and everyone will, then that will be an implicit admission that they permitted unacceptable behaviour by Somer that breaches the principles they subscribe to. So, option 1 of banning the whole practice will look bad for CCP.

Unfortunately, they are caught between a rock and a hard place because option 2, allowing the practice, will also make them look bad. It is clear to everyone that this behaviour is a breach of the principles CCP have supported, even if it might be argued that a technical loophole has been found in the rules. But finding such a loophole is normally meaningless in eve because CCP can do what they want and will penalise people for exploiting loopholes if the exploitation breaches their principles. If they now permit this kind of transfer, not only will they be rolling back their entire stance of opposing isk for cash transactions but they will appear to be doing so in order to protect the operations of a golden child. Indeed, appearances aside, this very likely will be the reason, as it is obvious that CCP does not really want people doing these things (if they did they would have nudged the playerbase in that direction long ago rather than body-blocking them away). So, option 2 looks bad as well.

The third option(s): continue to permit Somer to pursue this model but deny the right to anyone else will likely lead to responses that make the Incarna riots look like a visit to the petting zoo. However, CCP may be tempted to get creative and invent a system that will allow Somer to continue doing what he is doing within a framework that will technically allow others to do the same but will be so narrow in reality that the majority of players will be excluded in effect. My money is on this last option, which is perhaps the sneakiest and most underhand of all because it is the only option that doesn't involve CCP's reputation definitely being dragged through the mud. Whether this works or not, though, will depend on the receptiveness of the player base and their willingness to be placated. If the players can be persuaded that this is reasonable then everything may die down. If they don't buy it, and every day of delay makes that more likely, the responses are likely to be worse than they would be to either of the first two more decisive options.

Personally, what I would like to see is a mea culpa and an admission that they screwed up big time in allowing Somer to use this technique. If they own the mistake then they will look bad, for sure, for allowing it in the first place but they will make a decisive break with their error and will be able to put the whole thing to bed and return to the status quo ante. While I would personally prefer the consequences of the second option (I would LOVE to be able to make a living playing eve) I suspect that this would be far less popular among most players and would leave CCP in uncharted waters and bearing a huge 'hypocrite' tag for the rest of their existence. It would be very difficult to trust them and their 'principle statements' ever again if suddenly this stuff was ok. Even as someone who wouldn't mind if it did become acceptable it would add another very large nail in the coffin of my respect for the company if they were to make such a decision in this particular context.
There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.
Caldari State
#144 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:21  |  Edited by: Katarina Reid
Headshot

Not sure if im allowed to link the letter given to resellers but it says to stop players trading ingame items for cash. ETC + bonus items may not be direclty or indirectly traded by the buyer for isk. EULA says cant sell ingame stuff for cash. 10 days for reseller to stop it or else.

You can still support me for no reward when you buy your ETC's here

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out
#145 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:26
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

Not sure if im allowed to link the letter given to resellers but it says to stop players trading ingame items for cash. ETC + bonus items may not be direclty or indirectly traded by the buyer for isk. EULA says cant sell ingame stuff for cash. 10 days for reseller to stop it or else.

CCP hath spoken.

Now we get to see how they deal with the question of why this now forbidden practice was allowed in the first place.
There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#146 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:33  |  Edited by: Argus Sorn
RAW23 wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

CCP hath spoken.

Now we get to see how they deal with the question of why this now forbidden practice was allowed in the first place.

Wasn't so hard was it CCP? Deep breath, you'll be OKAY.

Now - how about "We're not going to endorse or support in came corporations anymore, because clearly we aren't really as good at deciding who is '100% trustworthy' as we thought. Not to mention, game adjudicators picking winners and giving them things in the game is just plain distasteful.". Combine that with a nice big smile and apology from Hilmar and Guard and we can all get on with friggin' internet spaceships.

I'm still holding my breath, but I think you'll do the right thing here.

CCP, I might just add - and this is from a professional in managing emergencies: your crisis management sucks. I seriously advise taking a look at how you handle these things at all levels - for the future. Unless of course you think it won't happen again, in which case please re-read the first sentence of this paragraph.

o7
#147 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:34  |  Edited by: Varius Xeral
All of this ultimately because some dev got a little overzealous with tossing around free ships. I'm sure Somer would happily give them back if it meant keeping his cash-cow under wraps. Still though, good for him for getting paid while the getting was good.

You can't make this **** up.

Also, this still leaves the issue of TMC paying for non-eve articles with ISK (if they're still doing that), which, if we're getting all technical and indignant, is also a violation.
Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal
#148 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:35
Argus Sorn wrote:
RAW23 wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

CCP hath spoken.

Now - how about "We're not going to endorse or support in came corporations anymore, because clearly we aren't really as good at deciding who is '100% trustworthy' as we thought. Not to mention, game adjudicators picking winners and giving them things in the game is just plain distasteful.". Combine that with a nice big smile and apology from Hilmar and Guard and we can all get on with friggin' internet spaceships.

o7

If Guard does a funny dev video about it, all is forgiven.
Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal
Red Coat Conspiracy
#149 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:36
Argus Sorn wrote:
RAW23 wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

CCP hath spoken.

o7

And a Ishukone Scorpion
RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE
Minmatar Republic
#150 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:37  |  Edited by: Ace Boogi
now they need to ban Somer for massive RMT and everything will be fine

to not do so would be extremely hypocritical
No Holes Barred
#151 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:38
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out

Does this mean somer blink cant give bonus stuff out now for getting GTC through there link?
Red Coat Conspiracy
#152 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:40
corbexx wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out

Does this mean somer blink cant give bonus stuff out now for getting GTC through there link?

Yes, or everybody else can do the same and CCP needs to apologize to all those people who wanted to raffle their stuff in the recent time and got their threads locked for RMT.
RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE
#153 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:43
Argus Sorn wrote:
RAW23 wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

CCP hath spoken.

o7

I am curious to see if that letter went out to ALL their resellers.

Would be nice if everything was back to a level playing field.
Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!
Minmatar Republic
#154 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:45
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
corbexx wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out

Yes, or everybody else can do the same and CCP needs to apologize to all those people who wanted to raffle their stuff in the recent time and got their threads locked for RMT.

at this point we need far more than an apology. CCP locked out all the competition whilst letting Somer continue to RMT, censored posts in their thread, just did all kinds of shady ****. Somer needs a ban because this is the most massive case of RMT i have ever seen
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#155 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:45
Yes, although SOMER still has the link up.

We'll all hold our breath for now.
Caldari State
#156 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:50
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

$660 made for me
377 sale of ETC's
$13,195 for CCP
188b given out

Lets see if the blinks winks bonks honks and promos continue...
Pandemic Legion
#157 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:56
Katarina Reid wrote:
Headshot

Not sure if im allowed to link the letter given to resellers.../....

There is no NDA signed about it ? So feel free to link it..
Minmatar Republic
#158 Posted: 2013.10.29 14:57  |  Edited by: Ace Boogi
Argus Sorn wrote:
Yes, although SOMER still has the link up.

what a surprise... just like how all their staff disappeared from their thread once this all blew up

they're trying to play ignorant, just like CCP did for how many weeks now?

bet that link doesn't come down until the very last possible second
#159 Posted: 2013.10.29 15:05
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Movarer wrote:
Dalmont Delantee wrote:

3) Now somerblink makes a bit of cash providing a service to the community.

"a bit of cash"...

His service would work perfectly fine without his giving credits(isk) for his referals. And it would remove this entire issue that we arent allowed to talk about.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He only mentioned it once, I think we got away with it.
The Bloc
#160 Posted: 2013.10.29 15:09
Popcorn time ? Big smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.