Market Discussions

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page

I see what you did with PLEX

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 Posted: 2011.11.18 18:23  |  Edited by: Aoki Ayumi
There is a rich kid 13 aged in philadephia who bought 4596 PLEX ingame items last month. Due to that, there is no PLEX in market, and price has been raised to 2b isk... :(
It is a ficticious example, but It is what is really happening.

This way, we have to play more... for being able to pay our subscriptions... or otherwise pay real money, good for you CCP. The rich kid in phildelphia is very happy, as well as you.
But in real life, this is not allowed. You have to put a limit, stop rich people doing this. You can easily do it by ths simple way:

- Make the cost of PLEX constant every year. Let's say, 400m isk in 2012. You can raise it in 2013.

Please, do it. Or the only happy players in EVE will be you, and the rich kid.
Gentlemen's Agreement
#2 Posted: 2011.11.18 18:27
Aoki Ayumi wrote:
There is a rich kid 13 aged in philadephia who bought 4596 PLEX last month. Due to that, there is no PLEX in market, and price has been raised to 2b isk... :(

That would cause more plex to be in the market and for the plexes to be cheaper.
CAOD: The premier source for news, commentary and discussion of EVE Online and other games of interest.
Amarr Empire
#3 Posted: 2011.11.18 18:28
Go join those nuts camping outside saint pauls or on wall street if you dont like it.

If we start at plex what next ships,ammo,mods.
DUCT TAPE UNION
#4 Posted: 2011.11.18 18:32  |  Edited by: Gatan Hahran
Aoki Ayumi wrote:
The rich kid in phildelphia is very happy, as well as you.

Dont worry, happy people dont play EVE.

But now its time for you to grab your new Iphone 4S and post in an occupyblog how oppressed you are by free market.
Gallente Federation
#5 Posted: 2011.11.18 18:50
TrollFace TrololMcFluf wrote:
Go join those nuts camping outside saint pauls or on wall street if you dont like it.

If we start at plex what next ships,ammo,mods.

You are understanding aaaaall wrong. PLEX is a very different item than others. It is real money! RMT. Assume it...
CCP should move the PLEX price in 2013 to consider the fluctuations of the isk value and

STOP SPECULATORS!
Virtue of Selfishness
#6 Posted: 2011.11.18 20:41
The OP lack of basic understanding of supply and demand is astonishing... It's the LACK of rich kids buying PLEX with $$ and selling for ISK that is driving prices up. That and speculators that have a lot of ISK.
#7 Posted: 2011.11.18 21:44  |  Edited by: DelBoy Trades
The rich kid, after buying the 4000+ PLEXs would then put them for sale on the market, Supply UP, price DOWN. You have got it completley the wrong way round.

Also, how do you propose CPP just "Make the cost of PLEX constant every year. Let's say, 400m isk" You want them to alter players sell orders??

Hope OP is troll What?
Damn nature, you scary!
Goonswarm Federation
#8 Posted: 2011.11.18 21:51
discouraging to see so many replies to a troll (or dimwit).

doesn't stop me from adding another one, though Roll
#9 Posted: 2011.11.18 21:54
I believe OP Was referring to a rich kid who would have a lot of ISK (most likely through RMT) and who would have bought all those PLEX ingame thus making supply non existent and driving prices upwards.
Pleasure Syndicate
#10 Posted: 2011.11.18 22:19
Aoki Ayumi wrote:
There is a rich kid 13 aged in philadephia who bought 4596 PLEX last month. Due to that, there is no PLEX in market, and price has been raised to 2b isk... :(
It is a ficticious example, but It is what is really happening.

This way, we have to play more... for being able to pay our subscriptions... or otherwise pay real money, good for you CCP. The rich kid in phildelphia is very happy, as well as you.
But in real life, this is not allowed. You have to put a limit, stop rich people doing this. You can easily do it by ths simple way:

- Make the cost of PLEX constant every year. Let's say, 400m isk in 2012. You can raise it in 2013.

Please, do it. Or the only happy players in EVE will be you, and the rich kid.

I think the only way this could increase the cost of PLEX if all the existing supply was bought out with illegal RMT. Otherwise he'd do what? Buy 4500 plex, sell it to get ISK and crash the price.. then buy more PLEX with the money he had? I suppose you could manipulate the market that way... but you could also get slaughtered.
Gallente Federation
#11 Posted: 2011.11.19 01:33
Levija Saplina wrote:
I believe OP Was referring to a rich kid who would have a lot of ISK (most likely through RMT) and who would have bought all those PLEX ingame thus making supply non existent and driving prices upwards.

This
#12 Posted: 2011.11.19 09:01
You can't fix RMT and botting by restricting the PLEX market.
#13 Posted: 2011.11.19 15:53

hey i heard its good to just believe whatever the world media tell you rather than discovering facts for yourself.
#14 Posted: 2011.11.21 17:33

You must watch Fox/Sky news.
Damn nature, you scary!
Gallente Federation
#15 Posted: 2011.11.21 17:36
The rich kid is CCP which buys PLEX with spawned ISK. Simple really.
Want to beat the Goons at Forum Warfare? Leave the thread as soon as one of them replies to it and never go back.
#16 Posted: 2011.11.21 17:42
Milamara wrote:

I don't think CCP would threaten it's subscriber base by making PLEXs THIS expensive, maybe when they drop <400mil they may buy some up, not sure if that would even be legal seeing as someone has effectively purchased a months subscription, by CCP buying it up is destroying that 30 day subscription.
Damn nature, you scary!
#17 Posted: 2011.11.21 18:20
DelBoy Trades wrote:
Milamara wrote:

I don't think CCP would threaten it's subscriber base by making PLEXs THIS expensive, maybe when they drop <400mil they may buy some up, not sure if that would even be legal seeing as someone has effectively purchased a months subscription, by CCP buying it up is destroying that 30 day subscription.

haha get more money fgt
#18 Posted: 2011.11.21 19:38
Killstealing wrote:
DelBoy Trades wrote:
Milamara wrote:

haha get more money fgt

Not sure what that means..
Damn nature, you scary!
Caldari State
#19 Posted: 2011.11.21 19:59
DelBoy Trades wrote:
Killstealing wrote:
DelBoy Trades wrote:
Milamara wrote:

haha get more money fgt

I believe he is attempting to call you a derogatory term for a gay person, for reasons I cannot decipher. Since when did they let idiots onto MD?
Gallente Federation
#20 Posted: 2011.11.21 20:51
Zions Child wrote:
DelBoy Trades wrote:
Killstealing wrote:
DelBoy Trades wrote:
Milamara wrote:

haha get more money fgt

I believe he is attempting to call you a derogatory term for a gay person, for reasons I cannot decipher. Since when did they let idiots onto MD?

Since a looooooonnnnnggg time ago, sadly.
2 Pages12Next page