Features & Ideas Discussion

 
^ Back to top
121 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:28  |  Edited by: CCP Rise
Hi

I am very relieved to finally show you the Sisters of EVE Battleship, the Nestor. We weren't able to get it finalized before Rubicon went out, but that's alright because now it makes a nice Christmas present (just kidding it's not until (late)January).

We all agreed that keeping the covert cloak theme was not going to work for the battleship. Instead, we've kept the rest of the exploration feel from the Stratios and Astero by giving the Nestor hacking and probing bonuses, but instead of cloaking it will receive a bonus to remote armor repair amount, drawing on the Sisters of EVE themes of aid and relief. On top of that, the Nestor (as designed currently) has incredibly low mass - around half the mass of a normal Battleship. This should make it very popular in wormholes. The rest of the attribute layout follows the principles from the other Sisters of EVE ships pretty closely, as do the bonuses.

Here's the details:

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
4% Armor resistances per level

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role bonuses:
50% bonus to remote armor repairer amount
100% bonus to remote armor repairer range
50% bonus to large energy turret optimal range
50% increased strength for scan probes
+10 virus strength for relic and data analyzers

Slot layout: 7H, 6M, 6L; 5 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 11250 PWG, 680 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 8900 / 9950 / 9900
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap/s) : 6200 / 1044 / 5.9
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 92 / .18 / 56000000 / 13.97
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 500
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 85 / 7
Sensor strength: 24 Magnetometric
Signature radius: 465
Cargo Capacity: 700

It will be acquired in the same way that the Stratios and Astero are, via Sisters of EVE LP stores. Here are the LP offer specifics:

Nestor
1,000,000 LP
100,000,000 ISK

Discount Nestor (From the Sanctuary)
800,000 LP
80,000,000 ISK

Nestor Blueprint
600,000 LP
150,000,000 ISK

Discount Nestor Blueprint (From the Sanctuary)
400,000 LP
100,000,000 ISK

I wanted to show you guys some art, but wasn't able to get ahold of the newest version today so I'll edit later with it.

Hope this is exciting! Let me know
o/

STEALTH EDIT by Manifest brings high res concept art: http://bit.ly/1izOFm4
@ccp_rise
#2 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:30
Screw the Rattler I got, I want this one! Big smile
Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Also This --> https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=216699
Please stop making "afk cloak" threads, thanks in advance.
#3 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:31
RR BS on the comeback yo!!
Goonswarm Federation
#4 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:31
Posting to increase posts before someone declares that it's OP by one.
Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal
#5 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:32
And I'll get one for christmas? Great!!!
#6 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:32
Must have. Back to the SoE agent.
 
#7 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:33
Yessssssssss.
Morwen Lagann
CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar
#8 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:36
Soooooo can't wait!
"Nec ignem mittere in mundum"
- Tam's Family Motto
Ivy League
#9 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:37
Looks like a nice ship - gotta have this one in my collection. Time to grind some more SoE missions! Please post the artwork ASAP!

I am an unapologetic fan of EVE Online. My blog: http://nevillesmit.com/ - My Twitter: https://twitter.com/NevilleSmit
Goonswarm Federation
#10 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:38
DAS BOOT LIVES AGAIN
No Holes Barred
#11 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:38
How about even a small range bonus. RR range unbonused is really tiny, a fixed 100% range bonus taking it up to 16.8km would make it a lot more usable
CSM 7 Secretary
CSM 6 Alternate Delegate
@two_step_eve on Twitter
My Blog
Exodus.
#12 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:39
Wow this is certainly an interesting ship. Its hard to pigeon hole it to a specific role which is nice, especially with that remote repair bonus.
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#13 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:40  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
I think a comparatively small 100% bonus to the range of the remote rep would be sufficient, bringing it to 16.8km rep range instead of 8.4

Even in PvE applications, 8.4km is extremely short, and the very short range of spider tanking T3s in wormholes is offset by their ability to quickly get back into range if they drift. An armor tanking battleship won't have that luxury, so perhaps a slightly larger range is warranted?

Two step wrote:
How about even a small range bonus. RR range unbonused is really tiny, a fixed 100% range bonus taking it up to 16.8km would make it a lot more usable


God dammit Two Step. If it wasn't for the forums taking a **** on my post and giving me a 404 error, I'd have posted it first!
Chūjō Katrina Oniseki
~ (RDC) Chief Operations Officer
~ [I-RED] Director of Public Relations
Goonswarm Federation
#14 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:41  |  Edited by: GallowsCalibrator
Two step wrote:
How about even a small range bonus. RR range unbonused is really tiny, a fixed 100% range bonus taking it up to 16.8km would make it a lot more usable


I'm not 100% sure it needs it, a small block of these is already going to be a fearsome brick of HP.

Edit: In response to:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
An armor tanking battleship won't have that luxury, so perhaps a slightly larger range is warranted?


That mass reduction should help alleviate that with a prop mod providing a bit more than the usual effect.
RISE of LEGION
#15 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:42
What is SoE going to do with all of this sudden influx of isk? I'm worried that it is going to corrupt their benevolent institution.
Goonswarm Federation
#16 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:42
This thing is going to be the Alliance Tournament superstar of 2014, calling it now

#17 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:43  |  Edited by: Narcotic Gryffin
CCP Rise wrote:
Hi

I am very relieved to finally show you the Sisters of EVE Battleship, the Nestor. We weren't able to get it finalized before Rubicon went out, but that's alright because now it makes a nice Christmas present (just kidding it's not until (late)January).

We all agreed that keeping the covert cloak theme was not going to work for the battleship. Instead, we've kept the rest of the exploration feel from the Stratios and Astero by giving the Nestor hacking and probing bonuses, but instead of cloaking it will receive a bonus to remote armor repair amount, drawing on the Sisters of EVE themes of aid and relief. On top of that, the Nestor (as designed currently) has incredibly low mass - around half the mass of a normal Battleship. This should make it very popular in wormholes. The rest of the attribute layout follows the principles from the other Sisters of EVE ships pretty closely, as do the bonuses.

Here's the details:

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
4% Armor resistances per level

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role bonuses:
50% bonus to remote repair amount
50% bonus to large energy turret optimal range
50% increased strength for scan probes
+10 virus strength for relic and data analyzers

Slot layout: 7H, 6M, 6L; 5 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 11250 PWG, 680 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 8900 / 9950 / 9900
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap/s) : 6200 / 1044 / 5.9
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 92 / .18 / 56000000 / 13.97
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 500
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 85 / 7
Sensor strength: 24 Magnetometric
Signature radius: 465
Cargo Capacity: 700

It will be acquired in the same way that the Stratios and Astero are, via Sisters of EVE LP stores. Here are the LP offer specifics:

Nestor
1,000,000 LP
100,000,000 ISK

Discount Nestor (From the Sanctuary)
800,000 LP
80,000,000 ISK

Nestor Blueprint
600,000 LP
150,000,000 ISK

Discount Nestor Blueprint (From the Sanctuary)
400,000 LP
100,000,000 ISK

I wanted to show you guys some art, but wasn't able to get ahold of the newest version today so I'll edit later with it.

Hope this is exciting! Let me know
o/


So it can still fit a cov ops cloak right?

I just hope the final doesn't look like this awful thing CCP Design
RISE of LEGION
#18 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:44
Also, gift for incursion runners?
StructureDamage
#19 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:44
Two step wrote:
How about even a small range bonus. RR range unbonused is really tiny, a fixed 100% range bonus taking it up to 16.8km would make it a lot more usable


Or, you know, fix the space-priest modules so that they have a sensible base range and you don't have to have comically large hull bonuses on specialist ships to make them useful.
Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.
Goonswarm Federation
#20 Posted: 2013.12.03 16:44


Just in case you are actually serious with your tl;dr post, no it can't.
121 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump