• Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page

CREST Killmails Endpoint

First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-02-11 11:29:25 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
Hey guys,

You may have noticed in the client when viewing a killmail there was a new option called Copy External Kill Link. Well as of today that link is now live and good to go: When you click on it you should have something like this copied to your clipboard: http://public-crest.eveonline.com/killmails/30290604/787fb3714062f1700560d4a83ce32c67640b1797/

The idea behind this endpoint is that it takes a killmail ID and a hash of the killmail and if the hash is right for that killmail ID we return a response with the contents of the killmail. Assuming killboards build in support for it this means you can API verify a killmail without having to give out your API details.

If you run into any problems with this endpoint please let me know here.

Enjoy guys! :D

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

C C P Alliance
#2 - 2014-02-11 11:35:32 UTC
Welp... it does appear I have made a small boo boo with the image links. Will get a fix out soon.

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

#3 - 2014-02-11 11:36:41 UTC
You are a god Socksfour...very much appreciated

Shitposts so bad CONCORD gave me a 50 billion ISK bounty

#4 - 2014-02-11 11:45:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Peter Powers
First of all:
i've been asking for this since years, for example on fanfest,
so a big and honest:
Thank you CCP FoxFour, for making our (3rdparty) world a bit brighter.

CCP FoxFour wrote:
You may have noticed in the client when viewing a killmail there was a new option called Copy External Kill Link.

since i believe not everyone will know what you mean by the new option, here a SC that should help people find it: Screenshot
basically its the context menu you can open by clicking at the box to the top left of your killmail.

shameless plug:
Perry already supports this interface.

Perry is a PHP Library for CREST

https://github.com/3rdpartyeve/perry

(easiest way to use would be "$killmail = \Perry\Perry::fromUrl($url);",
see the example in the README on github.)

3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications

Coalition of the Unfortunate
#5 - 2014-02-11 11:46:24 UTC
That's cool. Any chance for multiple select in the kill reports window and a way of copying multiple external URLs at once to the clipboard? Newline separated of course.
Alliance. Now. Please.
#6 - 2014-02-11 11:48:35 UTC
FoxFour is definately the best Furry Dev
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2014-02-11 11:49:46 UTC
Peter Powers wrote:
First of all:
i've been asking for this since years, for example on fanfest,
so a big and honest:
Thank you CCP FoxFour, for making our (3rdparty) world a bit brighter.

CCP FoxFour wrote:
You may have noticed in the client when viewing a killmail there was a new option called Copy External Kill Link.

since i believe not everyone will know what you mean by the new option, here a SC that should help people find it: Screenshot

basically its the context menu you can open by clicking at the box to the top left of your killmail.

Yes, that one. It's also availible when right clicking on a killmail in a war report or your character sheet.

Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#8 - 2014-02-11 11:51:15 UTC
\o/

Handy for event kill boards, who want api verified kill mails :)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

C C P Alliance
#9 - 2014-02-11 11:51:34 UTC
Sentient Blade wrote:
That's cool. Any chance for multiple select in the kill reports window and a way of copying multiple external URLs at once to the clipboard? Newline separated of course.

Possibly at some point in the future, but it's really not very high on my list of things to look at.

C C P Alliance
#10 - 2014-02-11 11:53:33 UTC
Captain Thunk wrote:

I... you... just no. No no no. Best dev, great. Furry dev? When have you ever seen me wear anything furry? CCP Nullarbor however... https://twitter.com/CCP_Nullarbor/status/367084848869310464

Legion of xXDEATHXx
#11 - 2014-02-11 12:20:27 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Captain Thunk wrote:

I... you... just no. No no no. Best dev, great. Furry dev? When have you ever seen me wear anything furry? CCP Nullarbor however... https://twitter.com/CCP_Nullarbor/status/367084848869310464

Stage 1: denial.

It's ok, we'll wait.
WE FORM V0LTA
#12 - 2014-02-11 12:20:58 UTC
I noticed the links to solarsystem and corp and alliance objects unfortunately they don't work. Care to comment?

PS. I've had the fortune of attending the pub crawl with tiger suited and somewhat drunk Nullabor and can confirm it was wild.
Otherworld Empire
#13 - 2014-02-11 13:08:25 UTC
*thumba up*

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Aggression.
#14 - 2014-02-11 13:29:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Sno- Chan
What?
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#15 - 2014-02-11 13:57:22 UTC
Thank youuuu foxyfour :)
#16 - 2014-02-11 14:23:44 UTC
Megarom wrote:
I noticed the links to solarsystem and corp and alliance objects unfortunately they don't work. Care to comment?

PS. I've had the fortune of attending the pub crawl with tiger suited and somewhat drunk Nullabor and can confirm it was wild.

we can only access endpoints that are set to public,
character, alliance, corp, solarsystem etc. are not public (yet?)

3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications

WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#17 - 2014-02-11 14:49:32 UTC
Much love! This has now been implemented in zKillboard :)

Various projects I enjoy putting my free time into:

https://zkillboard.com | https://evewho.com

#18 - 2014-02-11 14:52:51 UTC
Awesome! Thank you FoxFour.

Not bad for a "designer" at all Blink
C C P Alliance
#19 - 2014-02-11 15:31:20 UTC
I am also aware of an issue where some KMs are returning: application/vnd.ccp.eve.UnsupportedMediaTypeError-v1+json

So far I have tracked this to Sleepers, if you are getting this on a killmail without sleepers let me know. :)

#20 - 2014-02-11 15:52:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Thorbit Klefman
nvm
3 Pages123Next page