Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Loot Spew 4 Months Later

First post
Author
#161 - 2014-02-19 15:00:48 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:


When I'm on my mini laptop at a hotel, which is when I go exploring as I have no hope of getting anywhere in PVP, it takes me a lot longer than 5s to get the type of can to display and then click on it if I want it.



Why is that?

Please dont tell me you are playing with a touchpad. In which case, buy a small and cheap usb mouse.


11" screen laptop, gaming mouse, very hard to get the mouse pointer over the tiny moving container icon for long enough for the display and quite a few attempts to get the click to take.

Hotel speed wifi and a spot of arthritis probably not helping a lot.

At home on a 22" screen and v.fast connection it's easy.
#162 - 2014-02-19 15:27:57 UTC
Quote:
Even when loot is 300m near me it takes 3 or 4 sec to go in my cargo. And if i'm moving it's even longer. So 6 or 7 sec to grab one can is horrible.
Probably i'm doing something wrong but hav'nt find a good way yet.


Park your ship at 1000-1500m from hacking can. Single click on loot spew can, double if its out of range (white cans). Try to get as many green and yellow ones. Green are closest to you. It need some practice. Implant help a bit, it gives you extra seconds.

"...genre is a definition, the definition in itself must have boundaries, the boundaries act as barriers, and the barriers are like walls, like the walls of a prison..."

The Good, The Bad and The Bantam

Astromechanica Federatis
#163 - 2014-02-19 15:43:10 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:

Park your ship at 1000-1500m from hacking can. Single click on loot spew can, double if its out of range (white cans). Try to get as many green and yellow ones. Green are closest to you. It need some practice. Implant help a bit, it gives you extra seconds.




Thank you for tips i will try it.
#164 - 2014-02-19 15:59:41 UTC
Kaletha Caelum wrote:


My bad i suck at this game, i didn't even noticed spew cans didn't have same name.Oops

Last thing. When im pulling a spew can and flying in other direction it is possible that too long distance will cancel the grab ? Because i was sure i was grabing a data can but after the looting phase no bpc in my cargo.

Thanks a lot for your answer.


They seem to not despawn much to me once the beam appears.

As I'm a resident, and I have pvp ships nearby, I stop doing them if other people come into my system, and I deny the other people access to them with my ability to reship, so I don't have to sit far enough off the hacking can to cloak, so I don't need to chase anything but the last 1 or 2 spew cans typically. I've seen the beam stretch to 3000m without the can subsequently despawning, so I've not personally seen what you seem to have seen.

If you also run out of cargo space though, the object will remain on the empty hacking cans scan instead and not go into cargo (there will also be a warning shown in the usual spot).

C C P Alliance
#165 - 2014-02-20 14:15:29 UTC
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Content Designer for EVE Online

Team Space Glitter

#166 - 2014-02-20 14:19:05 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.



Best early christmas present ever.
SpaceMonkey's Alliance
#167 - 2014-02-20 14:21:08 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.


Curious, what exactly is prompting this? It seems like moving it to the past of 'Open to loot' will hurt the economy even more than the current system in place, even if just a little.

[i]Learn the basics of Wormhole Selling: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=101693&find=unread[/i]

#168 - 2014-02-20 14:27:11 UTC
Ivory Kantenu wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.


Curious, what exactly is prompting this? It seems like moving it to the past of 'Open to loot' will hurt the economy even more than the current system in place, even if just a little.

They will most likely reduce the amount of loot as well, for balance.
Although I still say sites could be improved by adding more loot types. Increase the breadth of the loot table to prevent the market from being saturated with any given type. For example, skill books already show up. How about putting ALL skill books in the loot table, and setting the drop rate at something below typical player demand? That way the price will not crash. BPO's are another possibility. (Yes, originals). Again just make sure the drop rate is low, so there will still be buys from the NPCs.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

The Bastion
#169 - 2014-02-20 14:49:13 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Ivory Kantenu wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.


Curious, what exactly is prompting this? It seems like moving it to the past of 'Open to loot' will hurt the economy even more than the current system in place, even if just a little.

They will most likely reduce the amount of loot as well, for balance.
Although I still say sites could be improved by adding more loot types. Increase the breadth of the loot table to prevent the market from being saturated with any given type. For example, skill books already show up. How about putting ALL skill books in the loot table, and setting the drop rate at something below typical player demand? That way the price will not crash. BPO's are another possibility. (Yes, originals). Again just make sure the drop rate is low, so there will still be buys from the NPCs.

Another option is to just disable cargo scanning, this would probably reduce time efficiency.
More variety does sound nice, too.
Gallente Federation
#170 - 2014-02-20 14:56:50 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.
Please say you're not trolling us with this post. The hacking game was a great addition; the loot spew was terrible. It's awesome to hear that it's being taken care of.

Step onto the battlefield, and you're already dead, born again at the end of the battle to live on and fight another day.

>> Play Dust 514 FREE! Sign up for exclusive gear today! <<

C C P Alliance
#171 - 2014-02-20 15:05:08 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Ivory Kantenu wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.


Curious, what exactly is prompting this? It seems like moving it to the past of 'Open to loot' will hurt the economy even more than the current system in place, even if just a little.

They will most likely reduce the amount of loot as well, for balance.
Although I still say sites could be improved by adding more loot types. Increase the breadth of the loot table to prevent the market from being saturated with any given type. For example, skill books already show up. How about putting ALL skill books in the loot table, and setting the drop rate at something below typical player demand? That way the price will not crash. BPO's are another possibility. (Yes, originals). Again just make sure the drop rate is low, so there will still be buys from the NPCs.



yes, we will balance the loot tables accordingly and will take another look at the loot in general :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Content Designer for EVE Online

Team Space Glitter

C C P Alliance
#172 - 2014-02-20 15:05:23 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.
Please say you're not trolling us with this post. The hacking game was a great addition; the loot spew was terrible. It's awesome to hear that it's being taken care of.



not trolling :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Content Designer for EVE Online

Team Space Glitter

Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#173 - 2014-02-20 15:17:30 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.
Please say you're not trolling us with this post. The hacking game was a great addition; the loot spew was terrible. It's awesome to hear that it's being taken care of.



not trolling :)


What's going to happen to the implant that affects loot spew? that part of it just removed?

Woo! CSM X!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

C C P Alliance
#174 - 2014-02-20 15:23:14 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.
Please say you're not trolling us with this post. The hacking game was a great addition; the loot spew was terrible. It's awesome to hear that it's being taken care of.



not trolling :)


What's going to happen to the implant that affects loot spew? that part of it just removed?


Haven't decided yet :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Content Designer for EVE Online

Team Space Glitter

#175 - 2014-02-20 15:27:40 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.
Please say you're not trolling us with this post. The hacking game was a great addition; the loot spew was terrible. It's awesome to hear that it's being taken care of.



not trolling :)


What's going to happen to the implant that affects loot spew? that part of it just removed?


Haven't decided yet :)

You could change it to a virus strength bonus, increase the skill requirements and cost accordingly though.
#176 - 2014-02-20 15:40:11 UTC
Even an extra +5 strength via implants, rigs, or modules would radically increase the ease of hacking top-end cans. While I love the idea, I do wonder at its value from a design perspective. :/

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art.

Amarr Empire
#177 - 2014-02-20 15:44:19 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
We are removing it, hopefully for Summer.


OMG, this is the best news ever. Thanks so much!
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#178 - 2014-02-20 16:00:13 UTC
Looking back, I have found nothing wrong with loot spew, cargo scan first then that will tell which containers to get, meerkat simples.
#179 - 2014-02-20 16:13:12 UTC
Treborr MintingtonJr wrote:
Looking back, I have found nothing wrong with loot spew, cargo scan first then that will tell which containers to get, meerkat simples.


The question hasn't been whether it's doable or simple. Just that the mechanic is exceedingly annoying after completing a mini game already.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#180 - 2014-02-20 16:22:55 UTC
Noxisia Arkana wrote:
Treborr MintingtonJr wrote:
Looking back, I have found nothing wrong with loot spew, cargo scan first then that will tell which containers to get, meerkat simples.


Edited to: You have bare tekkers.

Yeah I can totally understand that, what I should have said I've learnt to live with it. I would rather keep it as it is than take a loot nerf
Forum Jump