CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
5 PagesPrevious page12345Next page
 

Corbexx for CSM 9 - Wormholes deserve better

First post First post
Author
#41 - 2014-03-21 05:48:54 UTC
I have known Corbexx for 9 years and have been flying with him since 2009. During this time he has always been very dedicated in his endeavors. Since joining W-Space he has risen to the top of wormhole politics, helped no doubt by his Diplomatic relations whilst in Aharm and beyond.

He and I discuss WH life from time to time, noting potential improvements along the way and though he lives in a C6, many ideas would benefit the entire spectrum.

Having a firm grasp of WH mechanics combined with the attitude and perspective of their residents favors his candidacy.

I will be supporting him to this end.
#42 - 2014-03-21 15:36:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrant Scorn
Two step wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
The only thing I see is the forum trolling bit. Sure, he has done some of that. So have I. However, it shouldn't factor into someones ability to the job at all.

Lastly, trolling or otherwise, I would prefer to have someone running who was active on the forums rather than someone who rarely ever posted until they decided to run for CSM.


It might not factor in to how he would relate to CCP, but would all those people he has trolled or whatever feel like they could come to him with issues they might have? If he was the only candidate running, would some of those he trolled not vote at all?


I agree with Two Step. Players will be less likely to come to you for advise or suggestions. If you take Proc for example, he has done a great job reaching out to me when on the forums we hated each other, however, I value his efforts for reaching out and talking to me, damage has been done in the past and in the back of my mind I still remember his attitude.

The same goes for you Bane. Countless times have I reached out to you and you still act like an *******, I think I have displayed multiple times that I am perfectly capable of setting "forum issues" aside, however, you continue to do what you do.

So no matter how hard you try now to change and reach out, that reputation prior to running for CSM is always there.

That is the difference between corbexx and the others. He reached out, no pre-conceived notions, no negative history and I am not just talking about me, he has been busy in and around the community, leaving his Corp/Alliance/Character mentality at home.
#43 - 2014-03-22 03:39:58 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
Two step wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
The only thing I see is the forum trolling bit. Sure, he has done some of that. So have I. However, it shouldn't factor into someones ability to the job at all.

Lastly, trolling or otherwise, I would prefer to have someone running who was active on the forums rather than someone who rarely ever posted until they decided to run for CSM.


It might not factor in to how he would relate to CCP, but would all those people he has trolled or whatever feel like they could come to him with issues they might have? If he was the only candidate running, would some of those he trolled not vote at all?


I agree with Two Step. Players will be less likely to come to you for advise or suggestions. If you take Proc for example, he has done a great job reaching out to me when on the forums we hated each other, however, I value his efforts for reaching out and talking to me, damage has been done in the past and in the back of my mind I still remember his attitude.

The same goes for you Bane. Countless times have I reached out to you and you still act like an *******, I think I have displayed multiple times that I am perfectly capable of setting "forum issues" aside, however, you continue to do what you do.

So no matter how hard you try now to change and reach out, that reputation prior to running for CSM is always there.

That is the difference between corbexx and the others. He reached out, no pre-conceived notions, no negative history and I am not just talking about me, he has been busy in and around the community, leaving his Corp/Alliance/Character mentality at home.


Firstly, yes I used to troll pretty hard, I played rough, and sometimes was quite ruthless. I admit that up front.

Secondly, apologies for the guest appearance in your thread, corbexx, but as my "history" seems to be a topic of discussion, it seems fair to speak to it, first hand. I don't disagree with Twostep's concerns from earlier. I do agree that some people will maintain their perception and would likely not vote if I was the only candidate, however I don't agree with this perception that I'm incapable of change.

That isn't true at all. People throughout history and from every walk of life has the potential for change. Tyrant says that my "reputation" will "always" be there, and the fact is that my "reputation" is a limitation set by those who hold on to it. If I begin writing, communicating, and being a proactive member of a discussion, should my "reputation" be judged or my "words".

Tyrant, you and others have enjoyed saying to ignore your NPC alt status and focus on what you say. You turn around and then hold the same judgmental attitude in return. I'd appreciate a "journalist" that could maintain some objectivity if they intend to attempt to provide a service to the community, regardless of their bias. As you said, I gave you that benefit, are you incapable of letting go and returning that mutual level of respect? I am working hard to better perform a service to the Eve community, if I'm given the opportunity. I sincerely hope that you and any person running for CSM can as well.

Again, sorry corbexx, but I felt I'd stick up for myself.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2014-03-22 08:40:20 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:

Again, sorry corbexx, but I felt I'd stick up for myself.


Totally fine with you coming to defend yourself. I personally don't have a issue with your trolling as long as it doesn't get in the way of you doing your job. However I can see how others will take it in to account, but that's up to them.
#45 - 2014-03-24 03:44:36 UTC
I lived in the C3 with corbexx when he first started EVE, and I was still pretty new. Great guy, great knowledge of the game, and superb communicator. We have actually stayed in contact over the past four years, sharing stories and what not, even tho only being in the same corp for 6 months back then. I don't think the CSM could do better. It's fortunate for all of EVE when people like this feel motivated to run for these offices out of a sense of duty to the integrity and longevity of the game.

Best of luck - you have my vote.
#46 - 2014-03-24 06:02:37 UTC
While i personally don't know you ingame i have seen you make many sensible posts in discussions on WH subforums so you will be getting my votes on a shared WH ticket.

Bump.
Transmission Lost
#47 - 2014-03-24 08:22:29 UTC
A poem to show support:

"I have known Corbexx for many years
In that time he has consumed a lot beers
Whether it's a rear naked choke
on some angry Russian folk
He is a cool bro, unlike you pap smears"

Corbexx Cares. Add him to your Top 3 votes, AT LEAST

No trolling please

Friendly Probes
#48 - 2014-03-24 10:34:57 UTC
I knew corbexx from outside eve and he got me involved in this game. He always has time for the big issues as well as the small issues and from just getting to listen to the conversations he has while im lurking in skype he definitely has a great grasp on all the mechanics and has some great ideas. He is also very active in the wider community, he may not post a lot but when he does its useful and insightful. Most importantly he answers any noob question I can think of to throw at him Roll

Top bloke, knows all the things, goes out of his way to help anyone.

You have my vote mate 7o

PS. drop by sendaya some time, my atron needs an expensive target Twisted
#49 - 2014-03-24 10:44:18 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it. Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.


ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Test Alliance Please Ignore
#50 - 2014-03-25 12:36:39 UTC
Corbexx is an all round good guy. He has a great knowledge of the game. He is friendly and always willing to help should a newer player need it. Corbexx will be getting my vote for his legendary awesomeness ;)
WE FORM V0LTA
#51 - 2014-03-26 12:53:54 UTC
I've known you for quite some time now and therefore I know why to vote for you (#1). Most of my current corp mates however don't just yet. If you got time in your busy schedule to come on our comms for an introduction and so they could ask you some questions, I would aprpeciate it.


To those who doubt:
He has many years of experience in Eve and Wormhole Space. He can place himself in other people's shoes whether they are industrialists, pvpers, living in low class WHs or high-end ones, etc. Corbexx has the technical knowledge of the mechanics, has a good understanding of how possible changes will affect the wormholes. He also knows the community and talks to just about everyone.

If you love WHs, corbexx should be on your ballot (regardless of whether Noho made you sing or not :P)
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-03-26 19:59:41 UTC
I've missed you dude, best of luck with your campaign! You have my votes.
Last Calamity
#53 - 2014-03-26 23:36:59 UTC
Hey Corbexx,

It was a pleasure meeting you in Erotica 1's Bonus Room on TeamSpeak. It's a real shame you didn't stick around to chat with us and tell us more about your CSM campaign. Wormholes have always been a strong interest of mine, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in BU when I say that the CSM is a special interest for us all.

I wish you good luck in your campaign!

-Xuixien

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
#54 - 2014-03-26 23:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Saskia
Evening Corbexx. I have reason to belive you have participated in an Erotica 1 Bonus room.. Can you please rate your experience providing an in depth look at any positive side effects you will have suffered relating to having taken part.

"IXC-358-corbexx" connected to channel "The Bonus Room"

 ♥ 

Goonswarm Federation
#55 - 2014-03-26 23:46:11 UTC
Princess Saskia wrote:
Evening Corbexx. I have reason to belive you have participated in an Erotica 1 Bonus room.. Can you please rate your experience providing an in depth look at any positive side effects you will have suffered relating to having taken part.


No when I found out who and what it was I just left so really wasn't a issue. However the mass invites I am now getting is alot of fun. On the plus side I do now know where some of your wormholes are ;)
Last Calamity
#56 - 2014-03-26 23:48:09 UTC
corbexx wrote:
Princess Saskia wrote:
Evening Corbexx. I have reason to belive you have participated in an Erotica 1 Bonus room.. Can you please rate your experience providing an in depth look at any positive side effects you will have suffered relating to having taken part.


No when I found out who and what it was I just left so really wasn't a issue. However the mass invites I am now getting is alot of fun. On the plus side I do now know where some of your wormholes are ;)


Oh nice! Maybe you'll stop in and visit us sometime? We can have a town hall!

I'm interested in your campaign. I really think you're the guy I can get behind on this.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Caldari State
#57 - 2014-03-26 23:50:20 UTC
Cor, your trustworthy and in this game that is a very difficult word to say. I hope you can take this all the way. You have my votes.

AHARM Recruiter

Sleeper Social Club
#58 - 2014-03-27 18:55:40 UTC
A bit of a late start, but I'm hardly one to fault you on that I suppose.Blink

I've been running across Corbexx in wspace for a couple of years now, and while the result isn't always what I had in mind, he's been a stand up guy regardless of the outcome. He's obviously an expert in wspace, and I think he would make a wingman for me on CSM 9.

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

#59 - 2014-03-27 21:01:01 UTC
From deep within the void,
Resides a legend told to few;
His wake, homes destroyed,
But his future designs anew.

The name Corbexx, now your focal,
A bright and menacing depiction;
A wave in your home, no local,
At the dawning of your eviction.

As his forces collapse in, Bhaals deep,
And if only you took time to analyze;
Check your system with a simple sweep,
You’d had seen what needed destabilized.

The moral of the story comes at the end,
As we ponder the name of our luminary;
When you consider the choices for CSM,
Remember Corbexx, the man, the visionary.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Blades of Grass
#60 - 2014-03-29 08:35:48 UTC
CSM9 Candidate Interview: Corbexx
http://www.capstable.net/2014/03/29/csm9-candidate-interview-corbexx

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

5 PagesPrevious page12345Next page
Forum Jump