CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mike Azariah for CSM9

First post First post
Author
#61 - 2014-03-25 11:10:49 UTC
Mike,

Since you seem to be the only CSM candidate that represents the way I play EVE, you will get my (only) vote.

A pity, we could do with more CSM members to speak for the ignored section of EVE; that is, the solo PVE player.

Quiet and unseen I think that there must be a lot more of them than it appears.
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2014-03-25 20:58:45 UTC
Representing the people least likely to metagame and follow the election is right up there with tilting at windmills, I will admit.

I thank those of you who are sending in your support, be it one vote or a bank of them from alts. Please remember to talk up the election with others who may not care or even know about the election.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

The Initiative.
#63 - 2014-03-25 21:22:52 UTC
Jaxon Grylls wrote:
Mike,

Since you seem to be the only CSM candidate that represents the way I play EVE, you will get my (only) vote.

A pity, we could do with more CSM members to speak for the ignored section of EVE; that is, the solo PVE player.

Quiet and unseen I think that there must be a lot more of them than it appears.

Apart from this, Mike has been a useful member of the CSM, and conscientious in representing the little guy.

Also we all like him ♥

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sleeper Social Club
#64 - 2014-03-27 18:52:06 UTC
If I can sit next to him for three days of summit, I guess he's not a half bad guy.Lol

Really though, Mike has proven his passion for the community, his willingness to work on their behalf, and brings a perspective which has often been lacking on the CSM. I'll have him on my ballot for this year.

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

#65 - 2014-03-28 11:38:43 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Gallente Federation
#66 - 2014-03-28 23:07:53 UTC
I know this is throwing gas on the fire but here goes.

Yes, I knew they were thinking of changing the output and that it would affect hisec salvagers. I also knew it would effect lowsec and null salvagers so I figured . . . balance.

Yes I knew Null might see a bosst given that they use POS's and stations they made and put a lot of effort and risk into. While I agree this seems that I favour Null over hi . . . in this case, yeah, I did. It made sense.

Sense, balance. These were things I ran my last campaign on and they are things I still believe in. I won't fight to always favour one side over the other, that lacks balance. I will fight for fair treatment or logical progressions of idea, of Lore, of the game and skills.

A vet can make more salvaging and refining that a new player? Makes sense.

A vet gets to run more dangerous missions faster and more efficiently? Of course he does.

If you take this to mean I am in the pockets of some nebulous unnamed nullsec cabal. Well I also cannot stop you from believing in the tooth fairy.

I will, on occasion support ideas and changes you may not like. You are welcome to ask me why or suggest alternatives. I have just about a month left in this term. That is why I am asking you to vote, to extend that term.

Even Dinsdale, above, admits I am pretty well THE Hisec person. I am the only one claiming to represent the Casual Players. I have the experience, the passion and the work ethic.

Apply some sense and balance.

Vote for me

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#67 - 2014-03-28 23:11:34 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

#68 - 2014-03-30 05:35:28 UTC
Hello Mike,

First, I wanna point out that you are one of the nicest people I've met so far, very charismatic and enjoyable to talk to. But... I have an issue that I would like to bring up that might be driven by a personal thing that's been sitting in the pit of my stomach... So let me ask you the question.

With the recent drama surrounding Erotica 1 and with a lot of CSM members pulling the moral card, speaking out that certain behavior is absolutely unacceptable, how do you feel about you being a regular guest on Podside, which has had a lot of moments where guests and co-hosts have displayed dislikable behavior, similar to what Erotica 1 has done to his victims. Sometimes the guests and co-hosts have used certain terms such as the N word, insults to Hilmar (yes, the CEO of CCP games) and in recent events, I myself have been a victim of harsh personal attacks.

How do you feel about that and how do you justify being a regular guest on this podcast ?

What I mean to say is that I feel that if you run with a certain crowd, it's hard to distinguish the good from the bad, it's hard to see the difference between a single individual and a group being offensive.

What I am worried about is that by being among certain people, you are thereby affiliating yourself with them and condoning their behavior, not directly participating but more or less letting it happen.

What are your thoughts on this. Because this, for me personally, is a dilemma whether or not I will put a vote in for you...

And please don't get me wrong here, because I absolutely believe you are a good hearted man... that is not the issue.
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2014-03-30 06:40:32 UTC
I will not turn my back on the people of Podside casters and audience.

Podside is an odd place. It is best described as a bar where a bunch of Eve players hang out and ***** about the game they love. Some of them are drunk, some of them are angry and some of them use non-politically correct terminology. And they are my friends.

I have called them on a few terms that I found offensive beyond my tolerances. And most times they respected my wishes.

but

Are they mean? Yup, at times.

Do they try to excuse their language or attitudes due to alcohol? Nope . . .drunk and damn proud of it, at times.

Are they passionate about the game? Yes, again, all the time.

Are they holding assets of mine or in any conceivable fashion forcing me or anybody else to show up? Nope.

They have one of the most open doors I have seen (along with Eve-Radio) for talking about Eve and discussing things in both positive and negative fashions. (btw I love the guys over at Eve Radio, too, fellow candidate DJWiggles included.)

If there IS a person who does not fit in with the crowd then a parting of the ways happens. This has happened a few times in the past. A person crosses lines and has trouble fitting in with the mood of the show. Some left and came back, others left and stayed away. 2 years of podcasts will form that sort of history.

Please, I beg of you, do NOT equate Podside with Erotica1. They are not related.

and I am proud of my relation with Podside.

if that costs me some votes . . . so be it

I stand by who I associate with

I am me, they are them

vote for me

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#70 - 2014-03-30 06:53:32 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Please, I beg of you, do NOT equate Podside with Erotica1. They are not related.

Thank you for your answer and I understand your point of view, however, I might have difficulties getting my point across here.
Goonswarm Federation
#71 - 2014-03-30 07:26:20 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Yo, so Tyrant started it with the questions to Mike, which are pretty easily taken as inflammatory and insulting to Podside, DaeHan continued it with insults and attacks of his own, now you're both sniping back and forth and insulting each other while trying to make it out as though it's the other's fault for not dropping it. Take it to twitter or something, questions & challenges are expected but I can't imagine any standing candidate wanting to put up with a couple of children bickering in his thread.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Goonswarm Federation
#72 - 2014-03-30 07:33:15 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Yo, so Tyrant started it with the questions to Mike, which are pretty easily taken as inflammatory and insulting to Podside, DaeHan continued it with insults and attacks of his own, now you're both sniping back and forth and insulting each other while trying to make it out as though it's the other's fault for not dropping it. Take it to twitter or something, questions & challenges are expected but I can't imagine any standing candidate wanting to put up with a couple of children bickering in his thread.

as Xander would say, "Fair point well presented".

Mike is not only an outstanding regular member of PODSIDE as well as an interesting guest on other shows. As a member of CSM8 I believe he has been one of the hardest working and most communicative members. I fully endorse him for CSM9, for what it's worth, and hope he is elected. His knowledge of teh game is expansive and I fully believe that whatever CCP brings to CSM9 Mike will either have an excellent working knowldge of, or will take advantages of the resources he has at hand to respond appropriately.

I strongly encourage players to put Mike on their ballot as a candidate who is not representing a specific area of space or agenda of a group, but as a person who has the best intentions for the game and all the players.
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2014-03-30 07:58:30 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
These are my friends

People who care about each other . . .

http://www.meanharri.com/2014/02/a-call-to-community.html

People who help start up new podcasts and encourage folks who want to get started.

Foul mouthed at times, yeah, and yes I am seeing the argument in twitter.

But go back and read the last lines of my last post. I am not asking you to vote for them. I am asking you to vote for me.

To any people not in this argument directly . . . sorry for the sidetrack. I appreciate that Mynnna is asking them to take it somewhere else but I am also answering because my own ethics/morals are being called into question.

Find things to say bad about ME. Not my friends, not my fleets, ME

If you choose to judge me by who I associate with then will you ask for a complete list of pilots I have flown with, of podcasts I have been on?

/me shrugs

Your right to do so. But Tyrant . . . look how you started the first post back there.

Quote:
you are one of the nicest people I've met so far, very charismatic and enjoyable to talk to

I know I have enemies. Who?*Snip* Please refrain from discussing forum moderation. ISD Ezwal.

But look back at the endorsements. Ask the other CSM8 people. Ask anyone I have dealt with. I am patient, I am calm, I can listen and then make my point without yelling, without resorting to language that people find objectionable. I can talk to CCP in ways that they listen and I can do the same with almost anybody in the game. I do not believe in burning bridges unless it is totally unsafe to cross. When my smartass side come out I do my best to reign it in. (with mixed success)

But for now . . . if you want continue this I ask we take it elsewhere. if you want I will come do another podcast recording, before or after the election, your call. The points have been made on all sides and I have no wish to spin in circles here repeating ourselves. But this is a campaign thread. Can we keep it that way?

please

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

The Bastion
#74 - 2014-03-30 08:10:11 UTC  |  Edited by: FrFrmPukin
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Vote for Mike Azariah CSM 9

Plain and simple. Mike is a regular on Podside and a dear friend. He brings a unique view to the show that many times makes us change ours. I am proud as hell to have him on the show and that he chooses to come and hang out with us. Mike is very smart and can articulate his thoughts, views and opinions extremely well. He has proven to be a great contribution to the CSM 8. He represents us as EVE players as a current CSM 8 member in a very professional manner and visa versa.

This thread is about Mike Azariah for CSM9 and not what happened in the past on Podside when Mike wasn't even there. As a CEO of a corporation that has been in EVE for over 5 years and a member of an alliance leadership team, I support his campaign for CSM9. I hope everyone votes for Mike to have a seat on the next CSM panel. He deserves it and he should be there. Please vote for Mike based on his performance as a CSM 8 member and whether or not you agree with Podside and it's guests.
Spectre Fleet Alliance
#75 - 2014-03-30 09:06:49 UTC
Quote:
Ask anyone I have dealt with. I am patient, I am calm, I can listen and then make my point without yelling, without resorting to language that people find objectionable. I can talk to CCP in ways that they listen and I can do the same with almost anybody in the game. I do not believe in burning bridges unless it is totally unsafe to cross.

And this is why I am endorsing Mike for a seat on CSM 9.

While I am here I do have a question Mike. You run with many public groups from Spectre to the Incursion communities. I recently wrote about giving those groups more in game tools, is it your experience that they are needed for such groups to thrive in the EVE of the future?
Shadow Cartel
#76 - 2014-03-30 13:59:30 UTC
Mike is a totally great guy, who loves the game dearly.

Don't listen to crap from doodooheads with a chip on their shoulder because they are jealous that everyone loves Mike and no ones loves them.

He's great and he deserves your support
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2014-03-30 14:25:00 UTC
Quote:
While I am here I do have a question Mike. You run with many public groups from Spectre to the Incursion communities. I recently wrote about giving those groups more in game tools, is it your experience that they are needed for such groups to thrive in the EVE of the future?

Actually this has been on my mind since Mangala mentioned it on Crossing Zebras, as my other hi sec vote candidate I'd like to hear Mikes thoughts too.

http://diaries-of-a-space-noob.blogspot.co.uk

Gallente Federation
#78 - 2014-03-30 17:20:32 UTC
Mangala Solaris wrote:

Cool question. For those of you who haven't yet, go read Mangalas article, I'll wait.

Funny thing is Mangala came at it from the modern social perspective angle and my brain immediately went 'old school'

When you become an adult the opportunity to be in lots of different social circles and organizations start to surface. Weekly sports leagues (for me it was floor hockey), charity organizations (ask me about being as pirate for Childrens hospital events), a church council (when I was younger I was an Elder), elite cabals (Not a Mason but my dad was). I am sure some of you have other organizations you belong to.

They all share the need for organization, operations etc and some were around LONG before any social media came into being. But that doesn't mean most of them haven't 'moderned up'. Eve should allow future pilots the same sort of thing. Corps/Alliances are like your Job. There are structures in place because of that. I would like to see some of the tools for communication and fleets separated out and available to the social groups.

I am in awe of what some people have managed to do with what few tools there are, in game. Join a ganked fleet, fly a stealth bomber with Bombers Bar, no problem joining in and leaving . . . and usually there is only one rule: Leave the politics at the door, you are not Goon, N3, Carebear . . . you are Purple and with us, so is the guy next to you.

But forming a social fleet is a pain and a half. That needs fixing. Setting up events and keeping mailing lists up to date, grrrrr. Having to setup channels and either leave them there permanently open or do invites very damn time with passwords.

Hell yes, we need better tools granularity. Corporation-lite. Social groups that have some of the benefits of a corp without having to leave what you are already a part of. People should NOT have to look to third party devs for what should be an intrinsic part of the game itself.

Yes.

This is one of those cases where I start pointing to other people you should vote for (as well as me)

Jayne, he lives this stuff every damn day in Spectre and Bombers Bar
Mangala, Ganked fleets see the large version of the problems.

These are great people to have on your ballot (but don't forget me as well)

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Gallente Federation
#79 - 2014-03-30 17:28:07 UTC
Excellent response.

Jayne now in my list.

I haven't dared join an RVB roam since I was in BNI (though to be fair - that's half due to them running into each other every other roam)

http://diaries-of-a-space-noob.blogspot.co.uk

#80 - 2014-03-30 20:55:07 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.