CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Awoxing Pizza-Spymaster McBlushooter for CSM9

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-04-07 07:32:31 UTC
An Introduction to the character:

Despite being the victim of a poor naming decision that for some reason left hardly anyone trusting young alt Awoxing Pizza-Spymaster McBlushooter - Pizza, or APSMcBS for short, was welcomed happily by Brave Newbies Inc. After earning the Newbies' trust by hunting down other awoxers and spies, Pizza ran for a position on Brave Newbies' CNM (Council of Newbie Management) and was elected. While serving on CNM, Pizza spent most of the time assessing BNI leadership and the corporation's growth while quietly helping behind the scenes. While Pizza did not get overtly involved in council matters, it was a grand experience to be able to take part of a growing corporation bringing many new and old subs to Eve Online and partake in 'stirring up content' that keeps them playing. An Eve player for several years, APSMcBS's main mostly deals in wormholes, while other alts have engaged in most of what Eve has to offer. APSMcBS greatly enjoys the "fun first, isk efficiency be damned" of BNI and will continue to be a Brave Bittervet as long as Brave Newbies will allow it.

But who am I really?

I'm just a person that enjoys the game a lot. Most of my time is spent with friends and frenemies within J-space (wormholes). This alt does scouting and flies with Brave Newbies. I have flown with all types of people with different playstyles all across New Eden and maintain no real enemies in New Eden. As an Eve player of many years, I feel as though it is the MMORPG that truly encapsulates what a MMORPG is and entertains the highest potential for unique interactions between the people that make up it's universe. To those means, I think that there is a place for almost everyone in Eve, whether that place is in accumulating: power, wealth, fame, notoriety, fun, friendships, maybe even a place in space to call home, or in losing internet spaceships horribly to everyone else. Everyone has a part to play in Eve - from newbies to carebears to bittervets, miners to combat pilots to space truckers, scammers, pirates, whatever you want to be and so on, as long as you're not a complete arse about it.

I do not want to waterdown or make Eve "easy", but I think that there is opportunities for the CSM as representatives of the players to work with CCP to ensure long term stability and growth for Eve Online and it's playerbase. Here's to some more decades, eh?

So my Platform:

Maintain and grow the fun sandbox environment of Eve Online. To do this I want to work with CCP in improving those game mechanics which aren't fun, while not messing with game mechanics which aren't broken. My Eve speciality is a focus on interactions with the interesting people that make up Eve Online. We all know Eve can be terrible and without the ongoing game-improving expansions, sandbox-nature, content/conflict drivers, metagame, friends, and foes of New Eden, many of us would have stopped playing long ago. My pizza promise isn't to focus on any one aspect of the game, but rather to see Eve Online continue to survive and thrive as the only game of its kind.

This is the thread for questions, comments, and I will attempt to address them as they come forward.

See you when we are in space. 7o
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-04-07 07:33:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Awoxing Pizza-Spymaster McBlushooter
Space reserved for posting answers to questions posed.

Some questions from my Reddit AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/21uf75/csm9_campaign_announcement_im_awoxing/

• what do you think of annual moon reshuffling? Would it make 0.0 more dynamic?

• actual serious, personal opinion: The occasional moon or resource shuffling won't help relieve the current tedium of null anymore because the current technetium is basically "serfs" renters, and as long as you give them a static place to stay, they aren't going anywhere. Then you get agreements like CFC and PL to not bother each other's renters. Even if moons reshuffled, unless the dynamic resources gave stupid isk (which renting already does anyhow), I'm sure that the renting cartels would rather just sit on their butts doing very little and have people pay them for usage of space. -Additional: It's not their fault, the game mechanics make it very easy and profitable to do so-

The key lies in changing sov mechanics. The nature of timers, structure grinding, cramming everyone into one system or grid for massive battles instead of having what I felt like was a shining example of how strategic Eve could be, when the CFC recently wanted to maintain their hellcamp while at the same time defending 3 CSAAs. We need sov mechanics that encourage multiple defensive structure timers across several systems that grants or takes away different sov bonuses that are worthwhile to hit and promote strategic movement instead of dumping maximum dudes and capitals onto one grid battle and hoping to not lag out, crash the node, toil in beyond maximum tidi, or face endless warp/cyno tunnels.

I'm not a professional game designer but sov needs changes to the entire sov system to make 0.0 more dynamic, and annual moon reshuffling feels like a cheap, stopgap and gamey measure.

• What are your goals to change things in eve?

• We need more practical minded CSM that are prepared to work with CCP on achievable goals. I feel as though while the recent CSM has overseen quite a number of useful long term Eve goals fleshed out with new features and changes to legacy code as well as some nice quick changes to the UI for player happiness, there hasn't been much communication between the CSM and your average player. Recently I feel as though we've seen some members of CSM go out of their way to forgo diplomatic methods and put CCP in a difficult position with their playerbase and the media.

• Why is your Local Chat not a separate window?

• Lately I have only flown cloaky stabbed interceptors to scout ~opsec~ so local doesn't really need its own pane ... Besides the whole lacking probing thing, a cloaky interceptor makes forward spying/scouting trivially easy, and basically no ridiculous bubblecamp or amount of campers can catch it. It really outclasses covops in spying, sadly, as the only real threat to covops are major bubble camps.

• Who says he isn't a Goon spai?

• I must admit that GIA and I performing IP checks on each other while we use vpns always elicits Benny Hill in my mind. -Additional- Would me saying that I'm not a goon spy convince you that I'm not a goon spy? I can guarantee that I'm not the Mittani as I had to send in passport ID proof to CCP to be able to run.

• What awoxing have you done?
  • I can't support you if you haven't lived up to your name.

https://zkillboard.com/character/93798609/

• Do you support Erotica 1's candidacy?

• Supporting Erotica 1's candidacy at this point is a bit like propping up a ragnarok-sized tampon that has absorbed all the tears shed in Eve over its 10 year history now, isn't it?

• Are you really ex-pizza/pasta?

• Ex-pizza, yes. Pasta? Not yet.

• What do you like and dislike about wormholes that you would advocate on behalf of wspace?

• Likes: I feel as though flying through J-space, without local, is the true Eve experience of exploration, searching for riches in the unknown, and although most of us experienced whers are bored to the point of madness of escalations and sites we love it in there but we just want more things to do besides murder anyone that comes in.

Dislikes: Have you ever managed a pos?

• Do you feel that Lucky Charms in the current meta are overpowered? what are your thoughts on balancing Raisin Brand, and to a lesser extent Captain Crunch to be more in-line with other breakfast cereals.

• I think Amarr are OP because they could see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch since they are constantly chewing up Minmatar rust buckets.
    Minmatar Republic
    #3 - 2014-04-07 08:14:21 UTC
    I fully endorse this product and/or service.

...Just to find out who the hell he/she is.
    Jaun Pacht-Feng
    #4 - 2014-04-07 10:28:56 UTC
    I'm assuming this is a joke candidate.

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Perfect description of the biggest problem with Eve. 

Gallente Federation
    #5 - 2014-04-07 10:53:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Awoxing Pizza-Spymaster McBlushooter
    I understand how the name might throw you off but my candidacy for CSM and the width of my experience in Eve and desire to improve it for everyone is entirely serious.

Would you say that Brave Newbies is also a joke?
    #6 - 2014-04-07 11:44:43 UTC
    For the name, you'll get a spot (below Psychotic Monk and a couple others) on my ballot.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Sabriz's Rule: "Any time someone argues for a game change claiming it is a quality of life change, the change is actually a game balance change".

Blades of Grass
    #7 - 2014-04-07 12:44:43 UTC
    Pizza, welcome to the CSM candidate list. A pity you didn't announce sooner, as our deadline for candidate interviews is past, and I am frankly sitting here at 7:25 am central with a daiquiri enjoying a vacation from podcastlandia. I, do, however, reckon that I have a few related questions for you.

Do you consider the timing of this post appropriate and adequate, given that it is going up a day before the election begins and given that there was no widespread public knowledge of you running prior to your name appearing appearing on the approve list of CSM candidates?

Then, additionally, do you feel it is appropriate for the community to hold CSM candidates up to public scrutiny? Would you agree or disagree that posting this late hinders the ability of either the community at large or media representatives to hold you to that public scrutiny?

That's all, I'll accept my answers off the air.

Cheers.

Hoots

Co-host and Grand Poobah for the Cap Stable podcast.

capstable.net

Gallente Federation
    #8 - 2014-04-07 14:12:06 UTC
    Hello almost John Madden-corp BRAVE friend,

The timing could have been better, but there were some external issues preventing the verification of my ability to run. I'm glad just to be on the ballot given the nature of things, I've noticed that a few high profile names have had to drop their candidacy.

I was also pretty stubborn on not announcing my running if I was, in fact, not going to run. Consider it a means of promise keeping. There were a few close chums who had prior knowledge regarding my bid to run for CSM but they are also sworn to secrecy.

As for your question on public scrutiny, I do think that it is important for the community to hold CSM candidates to their own standards. For example, there are some that would say that they will only support someone from their corp or coalition, no one from another side of New Eden, that they refuse to support someone from a different eve online "profession", or different security status space. Those are all valid reasons, although I do not entirely agree. It is my belief that we should vote based on the candidates enthusiasm to pursue and enact positive change on behalf of the community while not causing any major issues.

The late post hinders public scrutiny of myself somewhat, since if the community had more time to get to know me, they would find that my passion for the game and metagame and joining CSM runs much further than "joke candidate with the funny name".
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #9 - 2014-04-07 17:31:36 UTC
    Hi, Pizza.

You mention having a wormhole main and at least one character that's ex-Pizza (not sure if they're the same). Why run on an avowed alt without disclosing your main? (To be clear, I don't think you should be required to disclose your main, but it might help us get to know you a bit better.)

You include "improving those game mechanics which aren't fun, while not messing with game mechanics which aren't broken" as part of your platform. Are there any particular mechanics you think are especially broken? Are there any that you think are done particularly well, or at least aren't broken?

Which of your fellow CSM candidates will be at the top of your ballot?

Thanks.
    Goonswarm Federation
    #10 - 2014-04-07 17:59:15 UTC
    how willing are you to blueshoot ccp devs if you're provided with a watergun and food coloring before the summits

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

WAFFLES.
    #11 - 2014-04-07 21:36:22 UTC
    Would you elaborate on your plans to fix sov?
    Goonswarm Federation
    #12 - 2014-04-07 22:19:10 UTC
    Literally a better candidate than Xenuria

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #13 - 2014-04-08 03:57:31 UTC
    We have to elect the candidate to find out what's inside it.
    -Nancy Pelosi.