• Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page

~Vote Xenuria CSM 9~

Author
#1 - 2014-04-07 18:52:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
Quote:
What does it mean?

~Rise~

This is the official Xenuria CSM 9 campaign thread. Below listed you will find my platform broken down into easy to understand parts.

Bringing Balance to the Universe
I have had a considerable amount of time to sit and observe the CSM, one time I have noticed in spades is bias. Let me be clear, the CSM as a platform has come a very long way but at present issues still exist with power blocs voting in a candidate to serve their agendas. When I speak of balance I refer to the inner workings of the CSM and to a larger extent the policies & practices of it. This isn't about reinventing the wheel rather it's about smoothing out some of the rough edges of it thus increasing overall function. If elected to the CSM one of my core goals is to reform and restructure the way the CSM works, if not on a logistical element than on a cultural one. I want to bring to the table a mentality that the corp and/or alliance you are a part of should have nothing to do with the decisions you make as a member. Hypothetically, if I am voting on if we should get an expansion dedicated to 4k textures OR fixing sov, I will vote for the later. As much as I personally would ~LOVE~ devoting development time to hats or high res textures that isn't something that is going to benefit the most amount of players. This is what being fair is about, putting yourself second to the needs of the many.

Transparency

Over the years the CSM has gradually become more and more transparent. As a result of increased transparency the players are better equipped to give meaningful input. While I agree that the NDA should redact relevant portions of CSM dealings, there is something to be said about verbosity inspiring participation. One of the main issues I have with the CSM at present is that it is difficult to track questions and answers. I feel that any question asked of a CSM member should be documented and if an answer is given that too should be noted. These logs should be easily accessible by the player base on a section of the site and client dedicated too them. Repeat questions resulting for a lack of such systems only bogs down the process that is so important to delegation.

Reform
If elected I will advocate for changes and revisions to the white paper that help facilitate the above agendas. I think it should be a rule that members of the CSM are not allowed to shrug off or ignore players CSM related dialog for no other reason than they are Red or a social enemy of the alliance/corp/treehouse/etc. If the CSM members can simply cherry pick who they advocate for or communicate with then the whole process is undermined.
#2 - 2014-04-07 18:53:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
I will do my best to answer any and all serious questions. If you would like to assure that I do not miss your question, avoid posting anything in the thread that could be misconstrued as trolling or baiting. You cannot bait me, I am the god of bait.

~reserved~
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-04-07 18:57:46 UTC
No mate, sorry. Just no.

Get out.

www.crossingzebras.com

Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2014-04-07 19:54:56 UTC
Xander Phoena wrote:
No mate, sorry. Just no.

Get out.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

#5 - 2014-04-07 20:19:00 UTC
What the heck am I reading here? Your "platforms" make no sense, and don't serve me, your constituent, in any way.

Is this a joke candidate?
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-04-07 20:23:35 UTC
Carmichael Tanni wrote:
What the heck am I reading here? Your "platforms" make no sense, and don't serve me, your constituent, in any way.

yes and no

he's 100% serious, but to everyone else..., well, just read his old threads

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

#7 - 2014-04-07 20:27:59 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Carmichael Tanni wrote:

yes and no

he's 100% serious, but to everyone else..., well, just read his old threads

Oh crikey, went just a few posts back and saw what happened last year. How has CCP even considered allowing this guy as a candidate a good idea?

I have a simple question for the candidate: What are you going to do for me, the average player of Eve online?
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-04-07 20:46:06 UTC
Vote No to Xenuria '14

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

#9 - 2014-04-07 21:16:22 UTC
I really hate to be overly frank here, but why are you trolling this process, and if not, waiting until now to announce your candidacy? I understand and saw you attempt last year, and after reading your thoughts, seeing your video/s, and reviewing you Vote Match, I have to say I feel like you are trolling this CSM process and you seem insincere about your desire to serve this community. I get it. This must be a troll, but I feel that many have taken this campaign and the CSM seriously and you are casually mocking this organization.

Since it would seem appropriate, you claim that SOV is broken. Could you elaborate in detail what you'd propose to "fix" SOV.

Also, what is your view on wormholes? In detail.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

#10 - 2014-04-07 22:26:51 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
I really hate to be overly frank here, but why are you trolling this process, and if not, waiting until now to announce your candidacy? I understand and saw you attempt last year, and after reading your thoughts, seeing your video/s, and reviewing you Vote Match, I have to say I feel like you are trolling this CSM process and you seem insincere about your desire to serve this community. I get it. This must be a troll, but I feel that many have taken this campaign and the CSM seriously and you are casually mocking this organization.

Since it would seem appropriate, you claim that SOV is broken. Could you elaborate in detail what you'd propose to "fix" SOV.

Also, what is your view on wormholes? In detail.

Your assertion that I am "trolling this CSM process" could just as easily be applied to any of the other candidates running. This isn't because any of the other candidates are trolling rather it is because your argument is flawed. You are making the case that because of what you have seen, I must be trolling.

That said I will do my best to answer your questions logical fallacy notwithstanding.

SoV is broken in the sense that it's not as enriching or "fun" as other contextually relevant parts of the game. The combat in eve between players is one of the shiny special things about The Game. Contrast that engagement and involvement with Sov warfare and management, you are looking at two extremes. I will admit that I am not an expert on Sov warfare but an expert is not needed to understand that the system in it's present form is bland and in much need of tweaking.

Wormholes are something that should obviously be expanded upon, the effects and associated difficulty should get some attention. I would like to see a mapping system that would allow players who live in wormholes to at least temporarily map out routes from system to system by means of a deploy-able placed near the entry and exit points. In that way wormhole conflicts would be easier to initiate and rebuke because of the ability for players to have a mechanic like the one I describe.

#11 - 2014-04-07 22:39:50 UTC
Was my question too hard to answer, or too hard to answer with words you don't really know how to use? Honestly, you should stop using uncommon words you don't really know the meaning of.

Or are you simply being rude, and ignoring me because all you want is a conflict?

I'll ask again, anyway.

What will you, as an elected member of the CSM, do for me, the average player of Eve?
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2014-04-07 23:09:23 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

That said I will do my best to answer your questions logical fallacy notwithstanding.

Which logical fallacy?

Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2014-04-07 23:28:25 UTC
Xander Phoena wrote:

Get out.

#14 - 2014-04-07 23:32:17 UTC
Kuni Oichi wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

Which logical fallacy?

There isn't one, The candidate is using words and phrases he's heard others use, but not took the time to learn their meaning. I think it might be in an effort to make himself look/feel/seem more intelligent to an audience which is likely to take those attitudes badly.

This is not a good start. If ever there was a case of trying too hard, this is it.
#15 - 2014-04-07 23:33:49 UTC
Xenuria,

My name is Orrin. I'd urge you to forego your pseudo-intellectual pursuit to engage and bewilder your contemporaries, since you're unlikely to distinguish on your own as a pathetic attempt to conceal your own inferiority. The fact is that you struggle to practice written discourse due to an ill-equipped mind leading to inexperienced usage of words and phrases beyond your own comprehension.

Protip: When you write something, read it aloud. If it sounds complex to you, chances are high that you will sound foolish when you post. People will undoubtedly take pleasure in pointing out the ignorant nature of your statements or arguments, which will further your own insecurities, leading to continued embarrassment. My recommendation is simple. Think before you post, and withdraw from CSM9. Leave this race to better minds.

Orrin

Brother Orrim Kuvakei, Quorum of Truth Speaker of Truths and Former Adjudicator

#16 - 2014-04-08 00:52:24 UTC
Orrin Kuvakei wrote:
Xenuria,

My name is Orrin. I'd urge you to forego your pseudo-intellectual pursuit to engage and bewilder your contemporaries, since you're unlikely to distinguish on your own as a pathetic attempt to conceal your own inferiority. The fact is that you struggle to practice written discourse due to an ill-equipped mind leading to inexperienced usage of words and phrases beyond your own comprehension.

Protip: When you write something, read it aloud. If it sounds complex to you, chances are high that you will sound foolish when you post. People will undoubtedly take pleasure in pointing out the ignorant nature of your statements or arguments, which will further your own insecurities, leading to continued embarrassment. My recommendation is simple. Think before you post, and withdraw from CSM9. Leave this race to better minds.

Orrin

Your concern is noted.
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-04-08 01:35:08 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Xander Phoena wrote:
No mate, sorry. Just no.

Get out.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Esha Amphal
#18 - 2014-04-08 01:37:31 UTC
Hello Mr Xenuria,

I'd like to have a civil exchange and ask you some questions which I think are appropriate to the platform you are standing upon.

Xenuria wrote:
I have had a considerable amount of time to sit and observe the CSM, one time I have noticed in spades is bias. Let me be clear, the CSM as a platform has come a very long way but at present issues still exist with power blocs voting in a candidate to serve their agendas.

Would you be willing to go into greater detail concerning the power bloc agendas during CSM8's term, and the proof that power bloc elected CSM members prioritized those agendas over the benefit of Eve as a whole?

Xenuria wrote:
I want to bring to the table a mentality that the corp and/or alliance you are a part of should have nothing to do with the decisions you make as a member.

Candidates often draw their love of the game from the group of friends they belong to or the team that they have built. How do you propose that candidates wield a passion for the game, muster a drive to tackle the immense workload, and constantly keep in touch with the player base when... you expect them to cut their ties to the players they most associate themselves with?

Xenuria wrote:
One of the main issues I have with the CSM at present is that it is difficult to track questions and answers. I feel that any question asked of a CSM member should be documented and if an answer is given that too should be noted. These logs should be easily accessible by the player base on a section of the site and client dedicated too them. Repeat questions resulting for a lack of such systems only bogs down the process that is so important to delegation.

As much as I'm all about effective communication, this process sounds like a utopian dream. The CSM is already expected to handle the pressure of a... frankly ridiculous amount of work. Don't you feel that a strict logging requirement on any and all CSM-player communication would discourage CSM members from talking to the players at all? Forum communications would be copy and paste, sure, but how about podcast interviews or video blogs? Will the interviewee need to bring along a CSM secretary to jot every word down?

Thanks in advance for your time.
#19 - 2014-04-08 02:44:23 UTC
Esha Amphal wrote:
Hello Mr Xenuria,

I'd like to have a civil exchange and ask you some questions which I think are appropriate to the platform you are standing upon.

Xenuria wrote:
I have had a considerable amount of time to sit and observe the CSM, one time I have noticed in spades is bias. Let me be clear, the CSM as a platform has come a very long way but at present issues still exist with power blocs voting in a candidate to serve their agendas.

Would you be willing to go into greater detail concerning the power bloc agendas during CSM8's term, and the proof that power bloc elected CSM members prioritized those agendas over the benefit of Eve as a whole?

Xenuria wrote:
I want to bring to the table a mentality that the corp and/or alliance you are a part of should have nothing to do with the decisions you make as a member.

Candidates often draw their love of the game from the group of friends they belong to or the team that they have built. How do you propose that candidates wield a passion for the game, muster a drive to tackle the immense workload, and constantly keep in touch with the player base when... you expect them to cut their ties to the players they most associate themselves with?

Xenuria wrote:
One of the main issues I have with the CSM at present is that it is difficult to track questions and answers. I feel that any question asked of a CSM member should be documented and if an answer is given that too should be noted. These logs should be easily accessible by the player base on a section of the site and client dedicated too them. Repeat questions resulting for a lack of such systems only bogs down the process that is so important to delegation.

As much as I'm all about effective communication, this process sounds like a utopian dream. The CSM is already expected to handle the pressure of a... frankly ridiculous amount of work. Don't you feel that a strict logging requirement on any and all CSM-player communication would discourage CSM members from talking to the players at all? Forum communications would be copy and paste, sure, but how about podcast interviews or video blogs? Will the interviewee need to bring along a CSM secretary to jot every word down?

Thanks in advance for your time.

I don't wish to badmouth CSM past or present.
I never said they should "cut ties" of any kind. I just said that they should put the majority needs before the needs of their social groups.

Good point about the logs, I think a system should be implemented to make this seamless.
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2014-04-08 03:08:32 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

I don't wish to badmouth CSM past or present.

And yet you are doing just that. Considering that you will have to work the very people you are badmouthing how do you expect to create and maintain a healthy working relationships?
3 Pages123Next page