Ships & Modules

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Naga Sniping Ship

Author
#1 Posted: 2011.12.01 14:48
I think that the naga is basically best used as a sniping ship. So I am here to get the communities thoughts on it. With skills alone I can lock at least 110 km (I might be wrong about this number) and shoot somewhere close to that. It's just I've never used a sniping ship before so I'm wondering what should I expect. I'm guessing turret tracking speed will be a problem but how much of a problem? Of course I know that if I'm shooting at frigs and stuff I might as well be pissing into the wind but what about slower ships? Basically I'm looking at absolutely no tank and using my slots for weapons upgrades and such other important stuff. The way I see it is that the distance is my tank and if I do see someone getting a little too close for comfort I should have enough time to warp out before things get ugly.

The most important thing that I find is picking your fights carefully, this much I know. Sry I don't have a fit to show off but there are a few things that I need to figure out before I go balls deep, like if a rig and, say, low slot item both gave a tracking speed bonus would there still be a penalty for using the 2nd one (because they are different types of modules)? If there is a penalty does it apply to both or only the 2nd and 3rd (and so on and so forth) and how big is the penalty?
Caldari State
#2 Posted: 2011.12.01 15:44
Tracking becomes less of an issue with range, at longer range a target moving at the same speed has a much lower transversal.

[Naga, Sniper]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II

425mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Uranium Charge L

Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Perfect for supporting a gang, think of it as a falcon but rather than jamming it dishes out over 600 DPS past 100km!
Dirt Nap Squad.
#3 Posted: 2011.12.01 16:18
Out in Null, BS's are never going to bother you outside of sov wars/pos bashing/gate camps. For a roaming gang, I would suggest that the naga be nano fitted (like a hurricane) and have a vigil or some other target painting bonused ship assisting it. HAC's are low signiture and you will be running into them.

Kiting out from 100km going 2000km/s (not OH) with a quick align time. Get 5 Naga's doing this and you have an awesome sniping squad.

Pair this up with a few rapiers/hugins and you have an AWESOME combination!
#4 Posted: 2011.12.01 17:19
Sniping is best done with a group rather than solo. Also best done at around 100km for warp to reasons. As people said above best to also have some target support that also equips shorter range guns or anti frig stuff encase someone wants to spoil the fun, and get in under your guns.

Solo sniping no workie so well. But then again in real life snipers work in pairs as well so.
#5 Posted: 2011.12.02 15:25
Of course I ain't planning on solo sniping. I just think that it's a viable ship to get the job done. I'm seeing all these threads on it so might as well go and do it and try it for myself. Either that or make it a hella fast BC and equip blasters to it and **** face.