EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Some EVE players can not separate themselves from the game.

First post First post First post
Author
#581 - 2014-05-06 18:48:58 UTC
Belt Scout wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just to keep you updated on this, we're moving forward with investigations and suchlike, and have had a visit at CCP Headquarters from a couple of players with further information this evening that's basically confirmed everything for us.

We'll have more details for you guys hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.



Be sure to let us know exactly who did it and what the consequences were so that we can slap this baby into high gear and open the throttle to a proper threadnaught.

TwistedTwisted


There's no way in hell we'll release anyone's identities, character name, corporate affiliation or otherwise. We will not be part of a witch hunt.

That said, there'll be more details when we're ready to release them, which should be soon.

Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

#582 - 2014-05-06 18:50:08 UTC
Wow, they had an initial assumption and it was "confirmed" (sic)?

Who would have thought.

Eve too complicated? Try Astrum Regatta.

#583 - 2014-05-06 18:51:51 UTC
So is it a criminal offence defacing public property or will the person in question get perma ban and some sort of fine.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

#584 - 2014-05-06 18:52:35 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just to keep you updated on this, we're moving forward with investigations and suchlike, and have had a visit at CCP Headquarters from a couple of players with further information this evening that's basically confirmed everything for us.

We'll have more details for you guys hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.



Be sure to let us know exactly who did it and what the consequences were so that we can slap this baby into high gear and open the throttle to a proper threadnaught.

TwistedTwisted


There's no way in hell we'll release anyone's identities, character name, corporate affiliation or otherwise. We will not be part of a witch hunt.

That said, there'll be more details when we're ready to release them, which should be soon.

Smile



Dammit. I just ordered 500 pitchforks from amazon. What am I supposed to do with the other 499 of them? Shocked

Just messing with ya Falcon. Big smileBig smile

.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

#585 - 2014-05-06 18:58:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Belt Scout wrote:

Dammit. I just ordered 500 pitchforks from amazon. What am I supposed to do with the other 499 of them? Shocked
500 pitchforks? I had to have the local fire department round to issue a storage licence for the 2500 flaming torches I purchased at a knockdown price from fleaBay.

* WTS flaming torches, located in highsec, discount for purchases of 250 or more.

Civilized behaviour is knowing that violence is barbaric, but paying other people to do it is business.

Nil mortifi sine lucre.

Goonswarm Federation
#586 - 2014-05-06 18:59:19 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
So is it a criminal offence defacing public property or will the person in question get perma ban and some sort of fine.

It is a criminal offense, but the perpetrator is probably beyond the reach of Icelandic law enforcement by now. I don't know how these things work, but I'd be surprised if he were able to come back without being arrested or fined.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Medalyn Isis
#587 - 2014-05-06 19:13:23 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
I would separate myself from my character, but I'm a sociopath in real life too


Hello Meryl, it's been awhile. For what it is worth I do not think that you are a sociopath in real life, you just don't fit into the boxes normal people would expect you too.


Edit: It appears that the monument was vandalized again, my name is now almost completely scratched out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm8_IycIAAE7Sad.jpg

They must have gone back and vandalized it some more. They even managed to scratch some of the other names surrounding. What a complete plonker this person must be.

I think CCP should setup some CCTV around the monument for future. Then at least we could catch them in the act if they are foolish enough to try it again.
Amarr Empire
#588 - 2014-05-06 19:14:47 UTC
DrSmegma wrote:
Wow, they had an initial assumption and it was "confirmed" (sic)?

Who would have thought.


I do not think this word is spelled the way you think it is spelled.
- Inigo Montoya's brother.
Gallente Federation
#589 - 2014-05-06 19:15:30 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
[quote=Lady Areola Fappington]Also - Someone poking at the monument with a knife causing this kind of damage kinda has me worried about the claim that it will stand for 1000 years. ;p


Especially in a land known for its active volcanos ....
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
The 20 Minuters
#590 - 2014-05-06 19:15:58 UTC
Andski wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We'll have more details for you guys hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.



Please do not go back on your word in this. I mean giving us info, not the time-frame.


I hope you're not expecting them to say anything beyond "we have discovered the person who defaced the monument and are taking steps to hold them accountable" when they do discover something conclusive.


I don't expect CCP to do, no. Others perhaps will. I'm not that interested in 'who'. I'm more interested to see the matter solved and that the person(s) involved are punished.


#591 - 2014-05-06 19:18:13 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just to keep you updated on this, we're moving forward with investigations and suchlike, and have had a visit at CCP Headquarters from a couple of players with further information this evening that's basically confirmed everything for us.

We'll have more details for you guys hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.



Be sure to let us know exactly who did it and what the consequences were so that we can slap this baby into high gear and open the throttle to a proper threadnaught.

TwistedTwisted


There's no way in hell we'll release anyone's identities, character name, corporate affiliation or otherwise. We will not be part of a witch hunt.

That said, there'll be more details when we're ready to release them, which should be soon.

Smile



Not that it will stop folk speculating.

This is not a signature.

The 20 Minuters
#592 - 2014-05-06 19:19:44 UTC
Worthy punishment:

Permaban.
Charges on vandalism.
Name permanently removed from monument.

P
#593 - 2014-05-06 19:22:15 UTC
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Worthy punishment:

Permaban.
Charges on vandalism.
Name permanently removed from monument and replaced with Unsuccessful at Everything.

P


Fixed and Agreed.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

#594 - 2014-05-06 19:23:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
CCP Falcon wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Just to keep you updated on this, we're moving forward with investigations and suchlike, and have had a visit at CCP Headquarters from a couple of players with further information this evening that's basically confirmed everything for us.

We'll have more details for you guys hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.



Be sure to let us know exactly who did it and what the consequences were so that we can slap this baby into high gear and open the throttle to a proper threadnaught.

TwistedTwisted


There's no way in hell we'll release anyone's identities, character name, corporate affiliation or otherwise. We will not be part of a witch hunt.

That said, there'll be more details when we're ready to release them, which should be soon.

Smile



Will this in any way affect the availability of the perp's stuff for distribution?

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the ho's and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' and I'll look down, and whisper 'Hodor'.

#595 - 2014-05-06 19:26:40 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Worthy punishment:

Permaban.
Charges on vandalism.
Name permanently removed from monument and replaced with placed upon Unsuccessful at Everything.

P


Fixed and Agreed.

Fixed again.

MDD
SCRUBS.
#596 - 2014-05-06 19:28:43 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

Will this in any way affect the availability of the perp's stuff for distribution?

Haha, asking the important questions I see Big smile

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

     _myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Spaceship Bebop
#597 - 2014-05-06 19:32:24 UTC
I hope Mr. Gudmundsson reads this thread.

He would realize that the monument he created is quite obviously 'working as intended'.

In his own words, 'melding his art with the world of EVE' - a world where, for every moron, there are hundreds of people that feel and care strongly about their game, their community and their symbols.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Goonswarm Federation
#598 - 2014-05-06 19:37:18 UTC
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Andski wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We'll have more details for you guys hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.



Please do not go back on your word in this. I mean giving us info, not the time-frame.


I hope you're not expecting them to say anything beyond "we have discovered the person who defaced the monument and are taking steps to hold them accountable" when they do discover something conclusive.


I don't expect CCP to do, no. Others perhaps will. I'm not that interested in 'who'. I'm more interested to see the matter solved and that the person(s) involved are punished.



I'm definitely interested in who. I wouldn't do anything with the info, but it'd be interesting.
Of course CCP can't tell us, and I understand that.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

#599 - 2014-05-06 19:39:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Will this in any way affect the availability of the perp's stuff for distribution?

Haha, asking the important questions I see Big smile


Never let a serious crisis go to waste. Big smile

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the ho's and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' and I'll look down, and whisper 'Hodor'.

#600 - 2014-05-06 19:41:08 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
[quote=Lady Areola Fappington]Also - Someone poking at the monument with a knife causing this kind of damage kinda has me worried about the claim that it will stand for 1000 years. ;p


Especially in a land known for its active volcanos ....


Isn't CCP's building located in a harbor a few feet from the Atlantic? Where's this aluminum monument in relation to that salt air?

Hopefully the laptop that was supposed to be buried underneath it isn't in an aluminum enclosure as well. What?

.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Forum Jump