EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12

How can I turn off the messages that keep popping up over everything?

Author
#21 - 2014-05-27 04:20:16 UTC
I for one LOVE the new tooltips, especially because I can point newbs at them so they can have an easy to reference answer.

And the best part is they separated the bracket tooltips from the the rest of them. The actually informational ones I set to minimal delay. The ones that combine multiple brackets I have on a slightly longer delay.

http://i.imgur.com/5RxEDFb.png

And I dont set it any longer because sometimes in a combat situation I need that list so I can pick the planet instead of one of the moons an accidentally warp to a POS.

The Drake is a Lie

Dex Lysia
#22 - 2014-05-27 05:59:00 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
You can increase the delay for the tool-tips to the maximum value to effectively disable them... sometimes. Sometimes they'll still pop up anyway, as if there was no delay applied. It's really inconsistent. Additionally, the tooltips delay slider also controls the delay for ALL pop-ups, unfortunately. So if you want to delay all the in-space and on-overview crap, you also have to live with the same delay while mousing over solar systems in the map view.

+1

The delay must be set to "long" to make the game playable but now we lose the original, useful tooltips.
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-05-27 06:07:14 UTC
Webvan wrote:
You don't really need to see anything in the 3D view to play EVE.

This is funny because I recall many instances in which FCs have told us to "align to the hostiles" and if they're moving fast what you really want to do is click ahead of where they're moving instead of trying to have your ship constantly approaching (and lagging behind) them.

You can only do this by clicking in space, and if it's a cluttered grid the new tooltips make this pretty difficult to do.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

#24 - 2014-05-27 06:33:57 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Webvan wrote:
You don't really need to see anything in the 3D view to play EVE.

This is funny because I recall many instances in which FCs have told us to "align to the hostiles" and if they're moving fast what you really want to do is click ahead of where they're moving instead of trying to have your ship constantly approaching (and lagging behind) them.

You can only do this by clicking in space, and if it's a cluttered grid the new tooltips make this pretty difficult to do.

Well, I did make exceptions in the post, and this isn't a broad application to all things, but more to just a newbie having an issue with a belt rat, specifically to that, not a complete guide Blink PvP takes on a different dynamic in most cases. Just like the above poster, thinking how great it is, from the industrialist perspective however.

For standard rats, it's just not overly complicated, I've done it many times paying no attention to the 3D view, focusing on the overlay targeting list and directional scanner. It's more of a matter of just closing the distance, they fly head-on in any case. Even taking angles to minimize damage usually seems self defeating... unless you are kiting out with a more fragile ship.

Yup, like I concluded, I'd like to just turn tool-tips off apart from weapon stats. For a combat pilot, they are very annoying, but in the case of the OP he just wasn't targeting right imo. He was most likely trying to physically click on the ship in the 3D view to start a lock. There is tooltip info on the overlay list, but it doesn't hide the red cross at the top of the list to easily find and click-lock.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#25 - 2014-05-27 12:07:00 UTC
Try fitting service in space, change ammo when CCP miraculous puts different sorts of ammo on the same group of guns, you may succeed within 1 hr to do half the rack of your weapons while waiting for the pop ups to dissapear so you can actually click on the weapon again, maybe you will even survive the fight. Amazingly outstanding performance of CCP.
Like usual this is just one of the many ways we can rely on CCP to screw up stuff that works fine so they " fix " it afterwards into something less bad as their last " improvement " but yet 3 more "fixes" away from anything like a solution at all.
Do they have a Team Unplayable over there lately ? Figuring ways to improve lag while other teams break other stuff trying to fight lag ? Like " let`s overhaul and screw up drones so we can cut the amounts of drones in space in order to improve game play "

One thing is for sure, who ever is making up these GREAT ideas likely has never actually taken the time to undock from a station and try something different as warping from one gate to another in a highsec system.

Thank you CCP, for you efforts, for not giving us the option to switch it off. ( At least when you came up with the station environment you did, so we could undock, dock up and undock again all in the time between 2 downtimes, ... dejavu ? )
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2014-05-27 13:27:41 UTC
Primus Vaganza wrote:
Try fitting service in space, change ammo when CCP miraculous puts different sorts of ammo on the same group of guns, you may succeed within 1 hr to do half the rack of your weapons while waiting for the pop ups to dissapear so you can actually click on the weapon again, maybe you will even survive the fight. Amazingly outstanding performance of CCP.
Like usual this is just one of the many ways we can rely on CCP to screw up stuff that works fine so they " fix " it afterwards into something less bad as their last " improvement " but yet 3 more "fixes" away from anything like a solution at all.
Do they have a Team Unplayable over there lately ? Figuring ways to improve lag while other teams break other stuff trying to fight lag ? Like " let`s overhaul and screw up drones so we can cut the amounts of drones in space in order to improve game play "

One thing is for sure, who ever is making up these GREAT ideas likely has never actually taken the time to undock from a station and try something different as warping from one gate to another in a highsec system.

Thank you CCP, for you efforts, for not giving us the option to switch it off. ( At least when you came up with the station environment you did, so we could undock, dock up and undock again all in the time between 2 downtimes, ... dejavu ? )

remember that at first, there was NO option to turn off the WIS environnment.

they only introduced it AFTER the rage thingy in jita and other hubs......

then they promise they would, from then, listen to players.... a year later, came the new inventory......and the "we'll listen" thingy vanished.

this was in 2k12, and here we are, several screw up later, several "we'll listen next time" promise later, with another screwup, wich will never be fixed, and be left in a 100+ page threadnaught the devs will magically ignore (see: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=243438)...
CCP's way of "we listen to feedback".....
#27 - 2014-05-27 13:34:16 UTC
Eurynome Mangeiri wrote:

then they promise they would, from then, listen to players.... a year later, came the new inventory......and the "we'll listen" thingy vanished.

Actually, the inventory change was at player request, so.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

#28 - 2014-05-27 13:46:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Eurynome Mangeiri wrote:

remember that at first, there was NO option to turn off the WIS environnment.

they only introduced it AFTER the rage thingy in jita and other hubs......

this was in 2k12, and here we are, several screw up later, several "we'll listen next time" promise later, with another screwup, wich will never be fixed, and be left in a 100+ page threadnaught the devs will magically ignore (see: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=243438)...
CCP's way of "we listen to feedback".....
well a good portion of that thread is in support of it too. I think I posted there somewhere supporting it as it is... that now count as a vote against it because it's a "threadnaught"? And I didn't even post with forum alts... that's the funny thing about forums and all, someone with 30 alts saying the same thing like "burn it". It's not like the riots you pointed out where it brought 1000's to the forums to complain... such as about GPU's melting etc. Are GPU's melting from this? oh there is some guy saying his pacemaker is causing him seizures... lol?

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

2 PagesPrevious page12