EVE General Discussion

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page

Corp / Personal Bookmarks the wrong way round

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#21 Posted: 2011.12.07 09:02
Yeah I'd like this fixed too please, you do notice it's annoying..

here is my dig:

CCP did not execute this idea in the best/beneficial way. Great ideas suggested from m8s and this thread:

• Corp/Alliance as separate categories, with personal being default listed like before and not a unnecessary "group" like currently!

• color code backgrounds of bookmarks (also reflected on OV) -- Will help reduce title tagging methods on BM's too.

• corporation and alliance color coded bookmarks should be starred on OV (easy, swap 'warp scramble' icon in such method) >> but let us color code background too at the same time.

• Allow us to open bookmark categories in separated windows >> right click

• Allow us to right click our ship to place an immediate bookmark of your origin.

• Drag and drop bookmarks links within corporate, alliance and Fleet or Private chat. (kinda controversial as this eliminates bookmark items purpose somewhat ways). >> right click warp to bookmark, instead of player origin.

Anyways, fix and tweak it CCP now that you put this on the plate. ;)

#22 Posted: 2011.12.07 11:16
Zarutha wrote:
Thank you CCP for corp bookmarks, it's removed a lot of tedious fail bs and made the game better! Thank you!

Wormholes are constantly changing, you know how much work it was before putting bms in a can and being out of date every six hours? Then distributing them out to all members of the corp? I have no problem with personal and corp bms together, this is still miles ahead of the old way!

hell yea. now can we get them alliance wide as well

btw, i noticed i cant place bookmarks directly in the right folder (thanks for folders, they make it so much easier!) in corp bookmarks. is this because i didnt start the folder? if so, please make every folder owned by corp so i can save everything directly to corp bm's. not like i have made a personal bm since the patch anyway :D
Unsettled.
#23 Posted: 2011.12.07 11:42
The contextual submenu thing really should be reverted back to old, bookmarks = life and they don't work now, buried too deep.

Minmatar Republic
#24 Posted: 2011.12.07 13:54
I thought this was a bug since in some solar systems, the right-click bookmarks are in the old "correct" style on the first level of the menu. However, other solar systems have the second slider menu for bookmarks.

Why the inconsistancy?

Anyways, I vote for personnal bookmarks back the first level of the right-click menu, please.
The Devil's Tattoo
#25 Posted: 2011.12.07 14:42
Agreed. On the whole, Crucible's made a lot of good and welcome improvements, but this isn't working well.
#26 Posted: 2011.12.07 14:53
Bring back the old right click insta bookmarks.

This second box is annoying and horrible.

Personal Bookmark should be like old ways well corp can be new,

Clockwork Pineapple
#27 Posted: 2011.12.07 18:49
agreed, crap implementation
CCP devs don't play eve so they don't know what an insta is for Roll

or apparently what insta means....
Late Night Alliance
#28 Posted: 2011.12.07 18:56
Still waiting on a dev to explain this change to us.
Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" 
#29 Posted: 2011.12.07 18:59
Supported.
Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.
Minmatar Republic
#30 Posted: 2011.12.07 19:04
Am I the only one that opens bookmark folder windows for the important stuff I need for survival?

Of course, that hasn't been working right lately either...doesn't update the jump count when I jump systems.

Still though, quicker than the damn menu ever was. Especially undock marks.
#31 Posted: 2011.12.07 19:28  |  Edited by: Tippia
Myrdraeus Keaunt wrote:
Am I the only one that opens bookmark folder windows for the important stuff I need for survival?

Of course, that hasn't been working right lately either...doesn't update the jump count when I jump systems.

Sure, but the problem with that is that it can make for an awful lot of windows and without any of the context sensitivity of the rclick menu.

Yes, you can sort them by jump range and have the in-system BMs appear at the top of the list (and hope that the windows update properly…) but it requires you to plaster bookmark windows all over your screen and they'll contain (and take up space in the form of) plenty of contextually irrelevant garbage. Alternatively, as is often the case with my warp-in/overwatch bookmarks, that window needs to be adjusted in size both up and down to fit everything. With the rclick menu, you have exactly what is available — no less, no more — and it adjusts itself accordingly. And now that you could have both personal and corp bookmarks such a scheme would just create a torrent of bookmark windows, most of which are completely pointless most of the time (but critically important some of the time, which is still often enough that is becomes cumbersome to keep opening/closing them or toggling their status).

As a result, I end up using bookmark windows (or just the P&P window on its own) as a location for context-insensitive bookmarks — common target systems and stations; preferred routing waypoints; and so on — because those represent a static list that I can just leave alone in the corner of the screen.
“If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡ you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.”

Get a good start: Newbie skill plan 2.1.
Red Coat Conspiracy
#32 Posted: 2011.12.07 19:35
Myrdraeus Keaunt wrote:

Being as I live in WH space I pretty much keep my "People and Places" open all the time and us it for all my warp to's. Why anybody would want to right click in space and search through any number of menu's at all to find a warp to is beyond me. The action of right clicking in space alone is one added step to me.
#33 Posted: 2011.12.07 19:37
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Really REALLY stupid idea whomever came up with this one!

It's pretty essential to right click and have the bookmarks handy, not have to dig through a bunch of damned subfolders to find them.

Revert the stupid. Please.

This.

It's not too often I get to like an Ingvar post :)

I find that without a good mob to provide one for them, most people would have no mentality at all.
Clockwork Pineapple
#34 Posted: 2011.12.07 19:37
well the real fix for this is to finish the job and

ADD BOOKMARKS TO OVERVIEW LIKE YOU PROMISED

issue solved
CCP: cart goes after horse
The Star Fraction
#35 Posted: 2011.12.07 20:09  |  Edited by: Saul Dhampir
For clarity, as some people are saying their bookmarks do go in the route right click menu, as soon as you get to 5 bookmarks in a given system they are automatically shunted into a 'personal bookmarks' sub menu. You have no say in this, no control, no options to choose otherwise.

Ideally, we should have the option to have personal bookmarks and/or corp bookmarks in a sub menu or in the route menu. This would let everyone choose a configuration that suits them.

I suspect however that the majority will want personal in the route menu (given that if you frequent some systems, selecting them becomes almost like muscle memory), and corp in the sub menu.

Please can this be implemented.
Minmatar Republic
#36 Posted: 2011.12.07 20:25
Tippia wrote:

Yes, you can sort them by jump range and have the in-system BMs appear at the top of the list (and hope that the windows update properly…) but it requires you to plaster bookmark windows all over your screen and they'll contain (and take up space in the form of) plenty of contextually irrelevant garbage.

Really? Surely you organize them into folders and only need to have one or two of such relevant to a given activity.

For example, I have scan points, tacticals, safes, warpouts, and various miscelaneous ones. I really only need one window on screen at any given time, maybe two. The others can be minimized and brought up when needed.

For example, during travel I'll warp to scan points for my outbound gate, check for camps, and warp in if its clear. Thus this is the window I have open during my travel. If I find I need to safe up it's not a particular emergency so I can bring up the safes window or access through the menu, which has always been a PITA. If my scan point is camped, I'm probably already screwed but I generally have more than one in a system so have that and celestials to bounce off if I can GTFO. If I'm feeling particularly paranoid, having both open is no big deal as they can be relatively small with well named marks.

When warping out of Jita or something I only need the warpouts open.

When scouting I generally need to switch between tacticals and scans, occasionally safes, but the context switch between these "concepts" doesn't need to be as fast as being able to find a given target within.

Yeah, you might clutter your view of the landscape with windows...but if you're really busy you're not watching that anyway.

But yeah, the one thing that really irks me is that the stupid windows don't update most the time, so you end up scrolling to the green when you jump into a new system.
#37 Posted: 2011.12.08 05:02  |  Edited by: Halldis Delphinasdottir
Yep...need to have the personal bookmarks available in the root menu for the sake of GTFO. BTW, I'm lucky...my client is glitched or bugged so my personal bookmarks still DO appear in the root menu, appearing the same as they did last week. Currently, from what I have seen, putting personal locations in the root context menu in space is not even possible. Is that perception correct?
C C P Alliance
#38 Posted: 2011.12.08 09:52
My mistake, the stealth and all. I'm looking into this now.
Unsettled.
#39 Posted: 2011.12.08 10:06
Cool!

About the People & Places window- sounds like good solution, but I have screen real estate issues preventing it being open all the time :/

(yeah a screenshot would be better, but posting from work)

Screen res is 1920x1200, and I've resorted to keeping

- log
- scanner
- People & Places

in the same, tabbed window because rest of the screen is pretty much fully used by the other stuff:
- huge overview (high enough to encompass a typical Red fleet, with corp & alliance info + all velocities)
- chats (local+fleet)
- fleet window & watch list
- selected object (as small as possible)
- drone window
- hud (aligned top and dragged left next to the system info)
- targets (top, right side of the HUD)

Guess I need to try and rethink the layout somehow.
Triumvirate.
#40 Posted: 2011.12.08 11:32
CCp please fix this fast , it is almost not playable when PVP-ing, and you need fast rigth click spots to click.

My suggestion:

Right click opens this:

Personal (label):
spot 1
spot 2
Corp: (label)
spot 1
spot 2

Also allow user to collapse any of these 2 groups by clicking on "Perosnal" or "Corp" labels, and remember state (opened/collapsed).
3 PagesPrevious page123Next page