Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Bug] Removal of Polarization timer

First post First post
Author
Liquor Legion
#41 - 2014-08-06 01:18:11 UTC
Kynric wrote:

7. The developers will actually implement our ideas instead of their own starting tomorrow when they will randomly select one player suggestion per day to put in the game without any further review starting in the features and ideas thread.

Purple coloured wormholes. *crosses fingers and hope the devs pick this idea.*

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Spatial Instability
#42 - 2014-08-06 01:19:43 UTC
I don't particularly want to see the Dev blog out of fear of it being a massacre... But please release the Dev blog now. We should not have to find out crap like this for ourselves through the test server.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Exit Strategy..
#43 - 2014-08-06 01:41:01 UTC
"You know what CCP is doing. Making ships spawn further from the wormhole and getting rid of polarization. Basically making wormholes mass controlled k-space gates. Because well wormhole mechanics are hard."

Was my exact comment on TS last night before this thread came out.

Then began the stream of completely terrible ideas that seemed just as ridiculous as the above.

"Probably introduce weapons timers too."
"Reduce the jump within range to 500m."
"Make wormholes not need to be scanned, just on overview as beacons."
"Give them wormhole sleeper guns to attack those being naughty within range."
"Be able to take sov in your wormhole and install wormhole mass/life extender upgrades."

How many of these that seemed so far fetched not so long ago, might we be seeing?

W-Space is very different from K-Space.

W-Space does NOT have to work like K-Space.

CCP: JUST STOP.

W-Space IS Best Space

#44 - 2014-08-06 01:43:43 UTC
I cant say this is a change I can support, what is going on.
#45 - 2014-08-06 01:46:44 UTC
And people wonder why there's less people playing.

With continual changes (or tests as they're called) with little consultation with our CSM rep or the player base it's no wonder.

I'm feeling more and more that CCP are out of touch with the community and are simply shooting from the hip.

There are other games that are cheaper and who are in better touch with their player base these days

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

#46 - 2014-08-06 01:48:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
I like the idea of overview beacon holes. talk about conflict drivers

//yeah yeah I trained up a perfect covops scanner too. a few of them, actually. no, 4.
#47 - 2014-08-06 01:49:54 UTC
So. Outposts anyone?

Public Channel | Un.Welcome

Adhocracy
#48 - 2014-08-06 01:50:15 UTC
It's bad enough that K162's are now instant red flashes on your screen. No need to make them instantly warpable as well. How would you catch carebears at work?
#49 - 2014-08-06 01:50:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Hatshepsut IV wrote:
So. Outposts anyone?

WUD BE SICK

Traiori wrote:
It's bad enough that K162's are now instant red flashes on your screen. No need to make them instantly warpable as well. How would you catch carebears at work?

By making them automatically spawn and open
Adhocracy
#50 - 2014-08-06 01:57:33 UTC
Quote:
By making them automatically spawn and open

Put hole to S3 -> HIC on the hole -> Counterplay??? -> Profit.
#51 - 2014-08-06 01:59:44 UTC
I'm not sure how that is an argument for or against a group on either side of a confrontation. players on both sides can slam holes shut that way.
Adhocracy
#52 - 2014-08-06 02:12:58 UTC
You currently catch carebears by rolling into them and catching them before they realise you've rolled into them. Wormholes appearing on your overview when you roll into them removes this window of opportunity. As I said, K162's causing huge amounts of visibility isn't going to help the wolf to catch the sheep.

It's like painting the wolf neon orange and sticking three flashing lights on it, along with a siren.
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2014-08-06 02:14:21 UTC
Time to grab some kindling and some gasoline. Were about to Kiss all Wormhole Space and 20% of Eve's subscription base goodbye.

Now what I said was disrespectful to the playerbase and CCP. It is demanded on the forums that you show respect for your fellow players.

Yet CCP continues to randomly AND SECRETLY plug in changes nobody asked for, nobody wants, for no reason at all, to fix a problem that does not exist. It seems that CCP does not know how to show respect to its Wormhole Playerbase.

Highsec, announcements everywhere, months in advance.
Lowsec, announcements everywhere, months in advance.
Nullsec, announcements everywhere, YEARS in advance.
Wormholes, wtf are they again? Change something so they shutup.

With that said, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that we just caught them with their pants down. Its 2 days, going on day 3 on a change that either Highsec, Lowsec or Nullsec would have threatened CCP with a damn lawsuit over (Nullsecs full of lawyers).

Soooooo... blog someone?

I would have thought that if you decided to make the change you would have.. written.. something.. by now.

Yaay!!!!

League of Unaligned Master Pilots
#54 - 2014-08-06 02:44:44 UTC
Will we have concord added aswell?
Shadow Cartel
#55 - 2014-08-06 02:59:54 UTC
This ain't contributing much but these changes makes me want to cry and unsub my 4 accounts.
#56 - 2014-08-06 03:04:54 UTC
Traiori wrote:
You currently catch carebears by rolling into them and catching them before they realise you've rolled into them. Wormholes appearing on your overview when you roll into them removes this window of opportunity. As I said, K162's causing huge amounts of visibility isn't going to help the wolf to catch the sheep.

It's like painting the wolf neon orange and sticking three flashing lights on it, along with a siren.

if you have your heart set on a specific hole, seed them. otherwise, roll it.

default warpable removes the tedium of scanning and makes the process faster

making k162s automatically spawn and open does another thing: reverses the natural state of j-space to seclude itself

but CCP is probably in favor of the surprise buttseks. we all know what happens when there's a local.
O X I D E
#57 - 2014-08-06 03:08:38 UTC
xpaulx wrote:

No, actually the Null Sec Bloc you are renting from will be able to hire NPC's through their TCU's, thus becoming their own empires. Each NPC security agency will have to be equipped with military grade hardware and able to handle incursions by other Factions so they would need to be a functional navy. They'll also need some outposts to operate out of, so they will anchor large structures in the orbits of moons that will be open to the public and appear on your overview and part of their profit will go to the Sov Bloc in the form of taxes on market sales. These changes would benefit all players equally and would not empower the cartels in any way.
Spatial Instability
#58 - 2014-08-06 03:17:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
xpaulx wrote:

C1-C3 will only have Concord.
C4 will only have hole guns.
C5-C6 will have none of the above, but instead will have Sov added.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Transmission Lost
#59 - 2014-08-06 03:30:02 UTC
Is Bane gonna have to come back and smack a *****?

No trolling please

Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2014-08-06 03:39:44 UTC
Because so many fights happen on k-space holes.