EVE General Discussion

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 
Author
#1 Posted: 2011.12.12 17:42
Hey my corp lives in a WH and have noticed that you get some lag when using fitting service from the SMA are there others who have experienced it and it is something CCP is aware of??


Soooo this is my sig.... 
#2 Posted: 2011.12.12 17:44
Yup, it's there.. and sometimes it's pretty much unbearable.
#3 Posted: 2011.12.12 17:47
yea its driving me mad XD hope CCP is looking at it :)


Soooo this is my sig.... 
Northern Associates.
#4 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:00
I feel your pain, fitting in space is a nightmare. In station seems to be fine. Jita lagging hell alot more than before...If CCP can't fix things, at least they are good at breaking the ones that were working fine :)
Amarr Empire
#5 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:03
CCP is working on the POS fitting lag. I don't know the specifics on the issue. But it is getting ridiculous...
Amarr Empire
#6 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:11
CCP Tuxford said he was looking at this awhile back... but nothing seems to have been done yet :(
Minmatar Republic
#7 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:28
I feel it too and opened a bug. I suggest you all do the same.
#8 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:28
Well lets hope they will get it fixed soon because its really a hell when you live in a WH :)


Soooo this is my sig.... 
Amarr Empire
#9 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:37
Yep, it's even more fun when refitting using a carrier in the middle of combat.
#10 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:43
It will be fixed in tomorrow's patch. If it isn't after tomorrow, please file more bug reports about it. Thanks.
QA Guy | Special Ops
Picture up to your IMGination.
#11 Posted: 2011.12.12 18:44
CCP Lemur wrote:
It will be fixed in tomorrow's patch. If it isn't after tomorrow, please file more bug reports about it. Thanks.


Ok thx :)


Soooo this is my sig.... 
The Possum Lodge
#12 Posted: 2011.12.12 19:54
can we please get a list of what is being done in all these patches? You keep saying "information soon", and then don't ever publish anything else...
http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...
The Initiative.
#13 Posted: 2011.12.12 20:20
illirdor wrote:
Hey my corp lives in a WH and have noticed that you get some lag when using fitting service from the SMA are there others who have experienced it and it is something CCP is aware of??

Same problem in all POS, fitting is a headache.
Keep it simple, Stupid! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
C C P Alliance
#14 Posted: 2011.12.12 21:50
There are basically 2 problems.

1. The Fitting window updates very slowly. Mostly because each slot is getting bombarded with events (even if they are interested in it. Also it's redrawing a lot of stuff it doesn't need when we fit an item.
2. The shipUI (all the gauges and module buttons and what not) is being redrawn twice for each inventory slot that was fitted.

So you could probably get better result if you'd keep the fitting window closed while fitting but most of the lag comes from the shipUI so you might not see a considerable improvement.

Normally I would have liked these fixes to go out sooner but with these client side optimization you are usually trying to do as little work (as in the client not me personally P) and there is a chance that we don't update enough UI elements.

Hopefully you should see a considerable improvement tomorrow I know I am and I mass fit in space a lot on my local.
Etherium Cartel
#15 Posted: 2011.12.12 22:01
I find it so infuriating, I'm barely logging on ... afk and afk ... and OH WOW it loaded!
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.  Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Clockwork Pineapple
#16 Posted: 2011.12.12 22:25
CCP Tuxford wrote:
There are basically 2 problems.

1. The Fitting window updates very slowly. Mostly because each slot is getting bombarded with events (even if they are interested in it. Also it's redrawing a lot of stuff it doesn't need when we fit an item.
2. The shipUI (all the gauges and module buttons and what not) is being redrawn twice for each inventory slot that was fitted.

So you could probably get better result if you'd keep the fitting window closed while fitting but most of the lag comes from the shipUI so you might not see a considerable improvement.

Normally I would have liked these fixes to go out sooner but with these client side optimization you are usually trying to do as little work (as in the client not me personally P) and there is a chance that we don't update enough UI elements.

Hopefully you should see a considerable improvement tomorrow I know I am and I mass fit in space a lot on my local.


silly question, but why weren't fitting arrays designed more like a station dock?

I assume the pos mechanics (fuel, destruction, etc) has something to do with the answer, but is there a reason players remain in space in their ships when interacting with the hangar array or fitting service?
couldn't they dock up to a hangar screen, ship vanishes from grid and if the module is destroyed they all pop out again?

or is this hooked to the idea that players can't physically enter a POS structure?
C C P Alliance
#17 Posted: 2011.12.12 22:58
Morganta wrote:


silly question, but why weren't fitting arrays designed more like a station dock?

I assume the pos mechanics (fuel, destruction, etc) has something to do with the answer, but is there a reason players remain in space in their ships when interacting with the hangar array or fitting service?
couldn't they dock up to a hangar screen, ship vanishes from grid and if the module is destroyed they all pop out again?

or is this hooked to the idea that players can't physically enter a POS structure?

Not sure what you mean when you say the disappear.
1. We could just cloak them and essentially hide people. Tbh that wouldn't really add a lot more except the fact that other people couldn't see you. We could of course hide the ship UI as well but it all feels rather hacky.
2. We could actually just dock like in another station but in order to do that we'd have to have a bit more graceful mechanic for putting up stations as well. Also handling stations blowing up with people inside it logged in or otherwise is something that would have been researched.

My best guess is that choices that were made when POS's were implemented were heavily influenced what we could do in that time frame.
Clockwork Pineapple
#18 Posted: 2011.12.12 23:01
CCP Tuxford wrote:
Morganta wrote:


silly question, but why weren't fitting arrays designed more like a station dock?

I assume the pos mechanics (fuel, destruction, etc) has something to do with the answer, but is there a reason players remain in space in their ships when interacting with the hangar array or fitting service?
couldn't they dock up to a hangar screen, ship vanishes from grid and if the module is destroyed they all pop out again?

or is this hooked to the idea that players can't physically enter a POS structure?

Not sure what you mean when you say the disappear.
1. We could just cloak them and essentially hide people. Tbh that wouldn't really add a lot more except the fact that other people couldn't see you. We could of course hide the ship UI as well but it all feels rather hacky.
2. We could actually just dock like in another station but in order to do that we'd have to have a bit more graceful mechanic for putting up stations as well. Also handling stations blowing up with people inside it logged in or otherwise is something that would have been researched.

My best guess is that choices that were made when POS's were implemented were heavily influenced what we could do in that time frame.


yeah, I meant disappear as in the standard docking mechanic.

Thanks for the answer, I had always been kind of puzzled by why POS was implemented so far afield from stations.
I am less puzzled now Blink
Forum Jump