• Topic is locked indefinitely.
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

[Phoebe] Change to Interdictor Bubble and Station Mechanics

First post First post
Author
skill urself
#21 - 2014-10-09 18:30:56 UTC
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Just out of curiosity, there's no plan to implement this same mechanic for stargates right?

Please say you won't do this for stargates too.

What about the gates? Since we jump to a different grid, the bubble stays active on the old grid, right?
C C P Alliance
#22 - 2014-10-09 18:32:16 UTC
This mechanic will only apply to docking in a station, not to other session changes like gate jumps or dying.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Caldari State
#23 - 2014-10-09 18:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibius Aidon
El Space Mariachi wrote:
seems ok, not the most elegant solution but whatever

now remove ceptor bubble immunity please

No need for that. The trick is to have a faster instalocking interceptor, or have an instalocking Keres on the field with a scram.

And CCP, what about high sec station games? It's unfair that when engaging a war target the dock up and come out with a counter, but you can't play the same game. I think when a war target is engaged they get a dock Ming timer as well regardless if they shot back. If your going to do this, go the whole nine yards.
#24 - 2014-10-09 18:39:28 UTC
Varesk wrote:
Techno Model wrote:

Not sure who crawled up CCP's ass and decided to screw with the Goons but well done Fozzie, that is probably one of the most idiotic waste of time CCP have made this year. So much broken with the game and you decide to waste code on hobo jamming. How soon before you leave for Riot?

It must be a good change to extract so much rage from a CFC posting alt.

I am actually very pleased with the changes so far, 3 cyno alt accounts and now 2 hobo jammer accounts unsubbed. And there I was wondering where I would get the money to buy Elite!!! Thank you CCP for making it easy for me :D

Also, Brack Lesion, why u no undock?
Mercenary Coalition
#25 - 2014-10-09 18:40:35 UTC
Kenneth Feld wrote:
Rowells wrote:
so to clarify, I could bubble station A, warp and dock in station B, and the bubble will stay? Same logic for gates as well?

Except before you get out of your bubble for station A, the theory is the insta locks kill you

Im not toally worried about that i just want to know thats how the mechanics work
#26 - 2014-10-09 18:45:18 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
This mechanic will only apply to docking in a station, not to other session changes like gate jumps or dying.

You've made a certain dictor pilot in PL very happy.

No, it's not me.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#27 - 2014-10-09 18:52:03 UTC
Good change. Simple and elegant solution too.

May not completely fix the problem, though I hope it does, but it will certainly go a long way to helping.
#28 - 2014-10-09 18:59:41 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

You've made PL very happy.

Yes, yes indeed we now see the truth of these changes.
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2014-10-09 19:00:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Dabigredboat
So instead of working on NPC stations and the ability for entire alliances to live in an NPC station with immunity, you instead fix the only way that alliances who control 0.0 space can defend against people living in npc stations? or at least slow them down slightly when having force projected on them? I understand dropping a bubble and docking is unintended but why are you not addressing the problem and instead addressing the average 0.0 pilots way of fixing it for you?

So I guess you are making it so that the average 0.0 alliance can disable npc station services and not have to use dictors to slow them down?
#30 - 2014-10-09 19:04:17 UTC
Techno Model wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

You've made PL very happy.

Yes, yes indeed we now see the truth of these changes.

Your tinfoil is on too tight kiddo.
#31 - 2014-10-09 19:05:56 UTC
I wasn't even aware this was a thing. I've never actually seen it done.

Don't both the dictor and the ships in question have to have docking rights? And as such, isn't this then only applicable to NPC nulsec?

Not saying it shouldn't be done. Just getting up to speed on the tactic.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Pandemic Legion
#32 - 2014-10-09 19:08:00 UTC
this is a good change I like it.

Now how about making the ship that uses the interdictor bubble immune to the actual bubble itself. Cause I'm pretty sure if I had made a ship like the interceptor that can ignore bubbles I would have developed the technology to work on the ship that actually drops the bloody things.
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-10-09 19:09:29 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Centra Spike wrote:
Couldn't you just have 2 or 3 dictors juggling bubbles before they are locked?

Considering that the bubbles will expire instantly when the dictors dock, this would only be viable if there are no fast locking ships around. We'll keep an eye on how this develops in practice of course.

Couldn't you have just done a weapons timer?(so they can't dock back up, because they can't warp away)

Yaay!!!!

#34 - 2014-10-09 19:09:48 UTC
Overlord Invictus wrote:
err Fozzie, do you play eve online at all? how is this apparent 'fix' in any way playing to the sandbox when a single bomb launched at the bubble resolves the problem of hobo jamming entirely and promotes teamplay?

also if this hobo jamming fix is straightforward and logical, then bubbles should self destruct on gates if interdictors jump through them, or if they log or disconnect in a fight.

plus logic dictates that if any ship should be bubble immune it should be the combat ships that have to deal with bubbles and being bubbled as a combat tool. eg: make interdictors and HIC's bubble immune. but i guess you're too jaded for that to occur. Lets not have a game make sense right?

Quote:
[18:18:32] Ammzi > did you read the news?
[18:20:53] Overlord Invictus > yeah
[18:21:52] Overlord Invictus > isis is getting its ass kicked
[18:33:49] Ammzi > https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=378423&find=unread
[18:36:22] Overlord Invictus > ohh nice, someting that i can argue about logically and be beaten down by sheer stupidity and complete nonsensicality! woop
[18:36:34] Overlord Invictus > cheers ammz
[18:37:27] Overlord Invictus > itll be fun playing with you when all sov holding delve and querious alliances make npc null their home and ur camped in 24/7

get

mad

son
#35 - 2014-10-09 19:11:22 UTC
Overlord Invictus wrote:
err Fozzie, do you play eve online at all? [...]. but i guess you're too jaded for that to occur. Lets not have a game make sense right?

Thats not very nice. Are you having concerns over the current turn of events ?

Servant of the Secret League, Wielder of the Monocle Clubhouse Flame.

The Initiative.
#36 - 2014-10-09 19:18:05 UTC
Aram Kachaturian wrote:
Overlord Invictus wrote:
err Fozzie, do you play eve online at all? [...]. but i guess you're too jaded for that to occur. Lets not have a game make sense right?

Thats not very nice. Are you having concerns over the current turn of events ?

no it just means we'll be living side by side in the same station cause npc null is now the land of honey and rainbows quite obviously.
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-10-09 19:21:06 UTC
Dabigredboat wrote:
So instead of working on NPC stations and the ability for entire alliances to live in an NPC station with immunity, you instead fix the only way that alliances who control 0.0 space can defend against people living in npc stations? or at least slow them down slightly when having force projected on them? I understand dropping a bubble and docking is unintended but why are you not addressing the problem and instead addressing the average 0.0 pilots way of fixing it for you?

So I guess you are making it so that the average 0.0 alliance can disable npc station services and not have to use dictors to slow them down?

Jesus cry more

Everyone knows this was a **** mechanic, the only question was the way a solution could be implemented. And tbh it's a pretty decent solution. And here you are actually arguing FOR it. Holy. Balls.

I'm going to say this in the most sensitive and polite way I know how: You are dumb as hell.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#38 - 2014-10-09 19:21:31 UTC
Why don't you just make dictors get aggression from dropping bubbles?

This seems like a completely ass backwards way of 'fixing' this. Roll
Paisti Syndicate
#39 - 2014-10-09 19:23:46 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Why don't you just make dictors get aggression from dropping bubbles?

This seems like a completely ass backwards way of 'fixing' this. Roll

Aggression from bubbles would significantly change other mechanics, including things around gates. This is legitimately cleanest fix that doesn't affect any other gameplay.
#40 - 2014-10-09 19:24:27 UTC
But you are already living with us in PR-.

Trying desperately to annoy us.

Be glad.

You are with us, forever.

Servant of the Secret League, Wielder of the Monocle Clubhouse Flame.

7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page