EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

Smuggling

Author
Fidelas Constans
#1 - 2014-10-14 08:06:16 UTC
So, i've been contimplating smuggling, and maybe giving it a try.
One thing I have noticed though, any contriband that you haul, gets auto-detected when you jump through a gate and you get fine/lose standings.
is there any way around this? or is smuggling pretty much a none activity?
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-10-14 08:51:58 UTC
Yes, and no to your questions.

Stop comtimplating (?) and just do it.

#3 - 2014-10-14 08:52:47 UTC
Oops...thought it said sNuggling...my bad.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Fidelas Constans
#4 - 2014-10-14 09:03:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kestral Anneto
King Fu Hostile wrote:
Yes, and no to your questions.

Stop comtimplating (?) and just do it.

i'm trying to work out whether it will be a money sink or profitable, i mean, i got fined 600k for taking about 50 - 60 things through 1 gate.
So whats the way around it?
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#5 - 2014-10-14 09:14:09 UTC
Get a covert ops ship or blockade runner and always warp cloaked in hi sec. As soon as you warp, hit the cloak button.

If you are slow you will get caught.

Cheers C.

@Caerfinon - Twitter

Fidelas Constans
#6 - 2014-10-14 09:24:06 UTC
Caerfinon wrote:
Get a covert ops ship or blockade runner and always warp cloaked in hi sec. As soon as you warp, hit the cloak button.

sweet, cheers
#7 - 2014-10-14 09:28:01 UTC
Caerfinon wrote:

I checked some popular opinions and people say that blockade runners aren't immune to CONCORD's scanners. Can you elaborate if this is true or not, please? Cloaking sounds(1) like a sound(2) plan.
#8 - 2014-10-14 09:29:10 UTC
Chemma Chi wrote:
Caerfinon wrote:

I checked some popular opinions and people say that blockade runners aren't immune to CONCORD's scanners. Can you elaborate if this is true or not, please? Cloaking sounds(1) like a sound(2) plan.

Hm...

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Test Alliance Please Ignore
#9 - 2014-10-14 10:16:03 UTC
Chemma Chi wrote:

I checked some popular opinions and people say that blockade runners aren't immune to CONCORD's scanners. Can you elaborate if this is true or not, please?

Maybe, but luckily Concord doesn't care whats in your cargobay anyways
#10 - 2014-10-14 11:04:33 UTC
Faction Police frigates scan cargos and will bust anyone within 10km carrying items contraband in their territory.
Info on blockade runners does say Immune to all cargo scanners.
Gonna test this on sisi maybe if there's no gm response.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

#11 - 2014-10-14 11:50:13 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Faction Police frigates scan cargos and will bust anyone within 10km carrying items contraband in their territory.

And corp hangar is also immune for scans ?
#12 - 2014-10-14 11:59:00 UTC
Hengle Teron wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:

And corp hangar is also immune for scans ?

That was long time ago, they aren't now.

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

VOID Intergalactic Forces
#13 - 2014-10-14 17:53:18 UTC
Yeah Smuggling became a moot point a long time ago when they got rid of the skill and boosted the empire navies and concord. I used to run illegal materials around all the time then ccp did away with it.
You can still "smuggle" PI but you get taxed when you launch the can into orbit so i dont call it smuggling as the whole reason would be to avoid the taes

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Cannon.Fodder
#14 - 2014-10-14 18:08:19 UTC
Along time ago, at the second vegas gathering (not the black hole bob one back in I think 05, but the new incarnation around 09) CCP had use split into scrum teams and create out own expansion. I had the good luck to be on a team with mittens and some other guys, and we came up with a low sec expansion while everyone else did null.

One of the main feature was a new type of ship with a smuggles hold in it. And baiscily we invented a new market in low sec for 'illegal goods' it was essentially a low sec boost. And a lot of the ideas would of been nicely added into eve proper.

Anyway, Smuggling is one of thouse professions that needs a serious look at. Much like bounty hunting could use yet another pass.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

#15 - 2014-10-14 18:40:23 UTC
Create a courrier package containing the items in a cargo container to yourself to your destination. Take the package put in container then put in corp bay or blockade runner. Transport away, the courrier package contents can't be scanned (Unless they changed this).
#16 - 2014-10-14 18:51:39 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
Along time ago, at the second vegas gathering (not the black hole bob one back in I think 05, but the new incarnation around 09) CCP had use split into scrum teams and create out own expansion. I had the good luck to be on a team with mittens and some other guys, and we came up with a low sec expansion while everyone else did null.

One of the main feature was a new type of ship with a smuggles hold in it. And baiscily we invented a new market in low sec for 'illegal goods' it was essentially a low sec boost. And a lot of the ideas would of been nicely added into eve proper.

Anyway, Smuggling is one of thouse professions that needs a serious look at. Much like bounty hunting could use yet another pass.

Excuse my possible ignorance about this, but ...

Wouldn't a few well placed, well meant buyorders
do a huge part in regards to moving illegal goods to empire?

My ignorance comes from the fact that I do not know any illegal goods,
especially if there are any available from lowsec only.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Cannon.Fodder
#17 - 2014-10-14 19:52:25 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

Excuse my possible ignorance about this, but ...

Wouldn't a few well placed, well meant buyorders
do a huge part in regards to moving illegal goods to empire?

My ignorance comes from the fact that I do not know any illegal goods,
especially if there are any available from lowsec only.

sure, but the mechanics to move it to empire still have some issues, as you get fined, have your stuff confiscated, or you get shot moving stuff.

But I have not move contraband in.. I think its been 7 years now?

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

#18 - 2014-10-14 20:08:26 UTC
Kaidu Kahn wrote:
Create a courrier package containing the items in a cargo container to yourself to your destination. Take the package put in container then put in corp bay or blockade runner. Transport away, the courrier package contents can't be scanned (Unless they changed this).

Sry, wont work for one simple reason: you cant put illegal goods in a contract. Oh believe me, i've tried...

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

#19 - 2014-10-14 20:44:27 UTC
Covops cloak and move quickly.

Snuggling is much more fun.Big smile

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Top Belt for Fun
#20 - 2014-10-14 20:47:42 UTC
Could you put stuff in a cargo container and move it?

I could be wrong but doesn't that come up on scan as a container with no list of its contents.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

2 Pages12Next page