CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page
 

Bane Cortex CSM X, Wormholers Unite!

First post
Author
#1 - 2015-02-02 06:59:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Cortex
Hello there wormholers of eve online!

I am Bane Cortex, a long time wormholer and player of eve. I am looking to becoming part of CSM X. The main focus of my campaign is to solely aid CCP in the further development of Wormhole content and mechanics.

There are a few things I would like to focus on if I were to become part of CSM X would be as follows:

- Anomaly mechanics

In relation to anomaly mechanics there are a few things I would like to look over. There is a definable issues for corps living in WHs mostly C5s with the randomness of the spawning of lowsec entrances to holes. This make corps living in these worm holes have to go through great wait times to be able to get to any content. Along with that being said there is also a large latency with spawn times on combat sites as well. I bring these points to the tables solely to aid in the creation of more content for players. Home content should be AS important as static content.

- Balance wormhole effect

I would like to point out Black holes and cataclysmic variables at this point. These along with some effect make certain wormholes undesirable. This is forcing corps that want to so content into wormholes where they may require more ships or skills in order to create content. The effects on wormholes should be more even across the board to make it so there are no wormholes left out, creating more content for players.

- Make wormholes more accessible for new players

This strongly follows suit with the last two points I made. There is a strong need for content to be explored more and possible have more mechanics made so there is more interest in wormholes for new players. Wormholes are a great part of eve online and every new player should be able to explore then.


- Refine corporate interface ( ie: Bookmark issues)

I know there is a corp management page updating coming but there has always been a large issue with having multiple corps in the same hole. It is understandable that ccp may only want one corp to a hole but there is being looked
over and there should be accommodations made so multiple corps can coexist in a single wormhole under the same alliance.

- Lower class wormhole content

There has always been an issue with the skill gaps between wormhole class levels. With that being said I would like to look into ways to ease the transfer of players through the levels of WHs so they can get a chance to see the entire content this game offers. As is stand c1-3 wormholes are excellent for starting up wormholes corporations. They provide decent content but do not allow the number of sites and isk require to fuel POSes in these hole so new corporations can get a foothold on low class wormhole space. I would like to see c1,c2 and c3 WHs be viable content for players.


- More wormhole systems
I know over the years there have been additions of more WHs but i would like to see a steady increase in the number of wormholes as the player base for WH rises. As it stands it can be a very tasking and difficult process for a corpotation to fine an empty wormholes to live in.

- Fix ore sites

The creation of more ore sites for wormholes would be a great addition for eve online and would allow there to be a larger player base for doing wormhole mining. I do believe that mining minerals in a wormhole should be more viable than it currently is.




The list goes on for potential ideas. Personally I feel wormholes and wormholers make up a critical part of eve online. They do require more attention and I would like to do this for us all.

Feel free to reply with question I will gladly reply.
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2015-02-02 08:26:15 UTC
Bane Cortex wrote:
Hello there wormholers of eve online!

I am Bane Cortex, a long time wormholer and player of eve. I am looking to becoming part of CSM X. The main focus of my campaign is to solely aid CCP in the further development of Wormhole content and mechanics.

There are a few things I would like to focus on if I were to become part of CSM X would be as follows:

- Anomaly mechanics
- Balance wormhole effect
- Make wormholes more accessible for new players
- Refine wormhole mechanics
- Consistence of context for WH players
- Refine corporate interface ( ie: Bookmark issues)
- Lower class wormhole content
- Make C1s viable content
- More wormhole systems
- Fix ore sites

The list goes on for potential ideas. Personally I feel wormholes and wormholers make up a critical part of eve online. They do require more attention and I would like to do this for us all.

Feel free to reply with question I will gladly reply.


care to expand on them a bit?

I'd love to hear your ideas and reasoning behind each of those points
#3 - 2015-02-02 09:08:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Rob Cobb
ok, a few questions:

"my campaign is to solely aid CCP in the further development of Wormhole content and mechanics"

Do other eve players not matter?

Your platform

- Anomaly mechanics
What is this?
- Balance wormhole effect
Check the Hyperion change log please, what needs balancing after that?
- Make wormholes more accessible for new players
Isnt this what low class holes are for? CCP has made scanning, etc far easier already too, or do you want to put gates in for them to come in?
- Refine wormhole mechanics
How so? what mechanics, again too vague for me to have feelings for
- Consistence of context for WH players
Isnt rolling our solution? we do it pretty good, no content, make a new chain? please specify..
- Refine corporate interface ( ie: Bookmark issues)
Would be nicer if it was more user friendly, not sure what you would want changed exactly though
- Lower class wormhole content
Remove it or add more? and how? and why?
- Make C1s viable content
They seem to be inhabited... so it must be viable... not sure what you are getting at... p.s. blue loot for their sites went up in value
- More wormhole systems
Specific, finally, and completely against this, already added shattered holes, and enough empty systems around already
- Fix ore sites
Again how? if this is the make them need scanning down bandwagon of early 2014 (iirc?), please given reasons... i still see as many miners in w-space as i did before the changes (1 or 2 rarely per fortnight)

tl;dr, care to be more specific, seemed like throwing anything there for the sake of it with no clarification, and some points calling for change but not specifying how.. cant decided if its positive or negative without knowing what you want..

regards and good luck with the campaign o7
Illusion of Solitude
#4 - 2015-02-02 11:34:34 UTC
Welcome Bane, It is good to see another candidate with the time and commitment, willing to spend the effort required to represent the wormhole community.

I, as many of us, are very interested to see, just what you have in mind, the core ideas are sound, but as they say, the devil is in the detail.

Please give us the opportunity to support you, by expanding on the points you raise, we do need more to go on than just a few points from the wormhole little things thread.

I suggest you reach out to corbexx, he has been a masterful CSM, and a good example to follow. If you can convince him of your merit, and have his support, you will gain many supporters.
He has earned the respect of the wide community, and If you can match his efforts, insight, and communication abilities, you will also prove a worthy candidate.

Good luck, and I for one will watch with great interest.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-02-02 13:05:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
I don't mean to be probing, but something seems a little off. Some more indepth explanation would be good... but I have some concerns.

Zero Posts on the forum.

What seems like 0 wormhole experience.

Just left Sniggwaffle (been in and out of them).

Just started a alt corp for yourself claiming "wormholes". Your corps been around for 3 days, your the CEO, with 1 other guy in it.

Something doesn't pass the smell test.

I'll edit or remove this if more information from the candidate arises (everybody deserves a fair shot).

Yaay!!!!

Project.Mayhem.
#6 - 2015-02-02 15:07:05 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
I don't mean to be probing, but something seems a little off. Some more indepth explanation would be good... but I have some concerns.

Zero Posts on the forum.

What seems like 0 wormhole experience.

Just left Sniggwaffle (been in and out of them).

Just started a alt corp for yourself claiming "wormholes". Your corps been around for 3 days, your the CEO, with 1 other guy in it.

Something doesn't pass the smell test.

I'll edit or remove this if more information from the candidate arises (everybody deserves a fair shot).


If I had to guess, I'd say he wants in on the CSM and thinks Wormholes will be the easiest category to challenge.
#7 - 2015-02-02 16:35:06 UTC
I will be adding to the post later today a expanded version of each point I posted originally, Also I am not picking wormholes because they are easy. I picked wormholes because I have almost solely been living in wormholes since their inception. I feel this is my strong suit in eve and I think there is room for improvement in this aspect of the game.
#8 - 2015-02-02 16:36:27 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
I don't mean to be probing, but something seems a little off. Some more indepth explanation would be good... but I have some concerns.

Zero Posts on the forum.

What seems like 0 wormhole experience.

Just left Sniggwaffle (been in and out of them).

Just started a alt corp for yourself claiming "wormholes". Your corps been around for 3 days, your the CEO, with 1 other guy in it.

Something doesn't pass the smell test.

I'll edit or remove this if more information from the candidate arises (everybody deserves a fair shot).


The corp I am in currently in part of a WH alliance. Bust almost every corp for the past few years that iv been involved with aside from sniggwaffe has been in WHs.
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-02-02 17:17:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
Bane Cortex wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:
I don't mean to be probing, but something seems a little off. Some more indepth explanation would be good... but I have some concerns.

Zero Posts on the forum.

What seems like 0 wormhole experience.

Just left Sniggwaffle (been in and out of them).

Just started a alt corp for yourself claiming "wormholes". Your corps been around for 3 days, your the CEO, with 1 other guy in it.

Something doesn't pass the smell test.

I'll edit or remove this if more information from the candidate arises (everybody deserves a fair shot).


The corp I am in currently in part of a WH alliance. Bust almost every corp for the past few years that iv been involved with aside from sniggwaffe has been in WHs.


That's cool, but I still can't put some of your history together. One of the first things people look at is the kill board. This month, catch, last month, nullsec, more nullsec, and more nullsec. The most I've seen out of the kill board regarding wormholes, outside of what seems like a 6th month long layoff (happens to everybody) is a vargur and a Mack in w space. That and your loss of a guardian to a bomber ( I would love to hear the backstory on that one).

You seem to be primarily nullsec. Now to be a wormhole candidate doesn't mean you can never leave wormhole space, but it seems like you haven't sacrificed to BoB enough to really be put on the pedestal of a wormholer. If I am wrong here, please let me know, I have no issues with correcting my above assertions. Now if you are a guardian pilot I can get why the kill board looks like that (fly logi myself). But let's get past the conspiracy theory for a moment. Is there any wormholer you know, in your corp or alliance, who can speak to your character, play style, personality? While I may seem a bit skeptical, we really don't know who you are at all. What makes you want to be a wormhole CSM candidate?

What are your opinions on the previous and current wormhole csm's? That being Corbexx, Asayamami Dei, Two Step, James Arget, Chitsa Jason. Have you spoken with any of them regarding their experiences, future or past changes, etc?

Yaay!!!!

Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-02-02 17:42:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Bhock
My name is Bhock and I am one of the contributors of the Capstable Podcast.

In early 2014 our podcast interviewed a great majority of the candidates for CSM9 and we will be doing the same for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule (quickly, interview season ends very soon) your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Bhock
Contributor of the Capstable Podcast
#11 - 2015-02-03 03:20:40 UTC
Original post has been updates with additional information and refining of topics.
#12 - 2015-02-03 03:23:33 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Bane Cortex wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:
I don't mean to be probing, but something seems a little off. Some more indepth explanation would be good... but I have some concerns.

Zero Posts on the forum.

What seems like 0 wormhole experience.

Just left Sniggwaffle (been in and out of them).

Just started a alt corp for yourself claiming "wormholes". Your corps been around for 3 days, your the CEO, with 1 other guy in it.

Something doesn't pass the smell test.

I'll edit or remove this if more information from the candidate arises (everybody deserves a fair shot).


The corp I am in currently in part of a WH alliance. Bust almost every corp for the past few years that iv been involved with aside from sniggwaffe has been in WHs.


That's cool, but I still can't put some of your history together. One of the first things people look at is the kill board. This month, catch, last month, nullsec, more nullsec, and more nullsec. The most I've seen out of the kill board regarding wormholes, outside of what seems like a 6th month long layoff (happens to everybody) is a vargur and a Mack in w space. That and your loss of a guardian to a bomber ( I would love to hear the backstory on that one).

You seem to be primarily nullsec. Now to be a wormhole candidate doesn't mean you can never leave wormhole space, but it seems like you haven't sacrificed to BoB enough to really be put on the pedestal of a wormholer. If I am wrong here, please let me know, I have no issues with correcting my above assertions. Now if you are a guardian pilot I can get why the kill board looks like that (fly logi myself). But let's get past the conspiracy theory for a moment. Is there any wormholer you know, in your corp or alliance, who can speak to your character, play style, personality? While I may seem a bit skeptical, we really don't know who you are at all. What makes you want to be a wormhole CSM candidate?

What are your opinions on the previous and current wormhole csm's? That being Corbexx, Asayamami Dei, Two Step, James Arget, Chitsa Jason. Have you spoken with any of them regarding their experiences, future or past changes, etc?



In relation to your question regarding my views on previous wormhole candidates my answer is ad follows:

There will always been room for improvement in everyones veiws of the same content. With that being said I have always been in support of at least one wormholer being on the CSM. Wormholes are a great part of this game and help make eve online the great game it is. I would rather at least have one of us in there than none :)
#13 - 2015-02-03 03:24:22 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Welcome Bane, It is good to see another candidate with the time and commitment, willing to spend the effort required to represent the wormhole community.

I, as many of us, are very interested to see, just what you have in mind, the core ideas are sound, but as they say, the devil is in the detail.

Please give us the opportunity to support you, by expanding on the points you raise, we do need more to go on than just a few points from the wormhole little things thread.

I suggest you reach out to corbexx, he has been a masterful CSM, and a good example to follow. If you can convince him of your merit, and have his support, you will gain many supporters.
He has earned the respect of the wide community, and If you can match his efforts, insight, and communication abilities, you will also prove a worthy candidate.

Good luck, and I for one will watch with great interest.



Thank you o7
#14 - 2015-02-03 09:28:27 UTC
ok now there are more details, but it still seems like you dont know the wormhole playerbase...

Bane Cortex wrote:


- Anomaly mechanics

In relation to anomaly mechanics there are a few things I would like to look over. There is a definable issues for corps living in WHs mostly C5s with the randomness of the spawning of lowsec entrances to holes. This make corps living in these worm holes have to go through great wait times to be able to get to any content. Along with that being said there is also a large latency with spawn times on combat sites as well. I bring these points to the tables solely to aid in the creation of more content for players. Home content should be AS important as static content.



I'm not sure what you are getting at here.. you want more lowsec connections for cap movement? less so you dont need to close to pve? I live in a C5 with a low class static, i get a heavy high once a month for freighter usage, null secs for cap movements every day and low secs once or twice per week for cap movement too, for cap movements i scan out bigger chains and move them through multiple chains if i have to, for closing the null secs are more of an irritation.
Either way it looks like you want to reduce risk... (if it was for pvp in low sec, you would go down your own chain and use sub caps). If you want more heavy low sec connections, move to a c5 with an upper class static? (conflict drivers)

Bane Cortex wrote:


- Balance wormhole effect

I would like to point out Black holes and cataclysmic variables at this point. These along with some effect make certain wormholes undesirable. This is forcing corps that want to so content into wormholes where they may require more ships or skills in order to create content. The effects on wormholes should be more even across the board to make it so there are no wormholes left out, creating more content for players.



Ok, i know people living in both of those system types in c5 and c6 since hyperion, they are making it work. Having holes which are "better" than others IS a conflict driver, there are a lot of "good systems" empty currently, making the bad ones better isnt going to make more people live in wormholes and generate content.. its going to make it the same number of people living in wormholes, whilst removing the eviction content driver.

p.s. can you please look up their effects since hyperion.. still seems you havent realised they have changed..

Bane Cortex wrote:


- Make wormholes more accessible for new players

This strongly follows suit with the last two points I made. There is a strong need for content to be explored more and possible have more mechanics made so there is more interest in wormholes for new players. Wormholes are a great part of eve online and every new player should be able to explore then.



Wormholes are not high sec... and still they cater for new players with c1 and c2 sites, i started as a new player in a c3. CCP has made it easier to scan, removed the ore sites from scannable anomalies, made it near impossible to forget probes, made the astrometrics skill not limit the number of probes you can launch, etc. I think enough has been done for them...

Bane Cortex wrote:


- Refine corporate interface ( ie: Bookmark issues)

I know there is a corp management page updating coming but there has always been a large issue with having multiple corps in the same hole. It is understandable that ccp may only want one corp to a hole but there is being looked
over and there should be accommodations made so multiple corps can coexist in a single wormhole under the same alliance.



You want alliance bookmarks, that is a good thing.

Bane Cortex wrote:


- Lower class wormhole content

There has always been an issue with the skill gaps between wormhole class levels. With that being said I would like to look into ways to ease the transfer of players through the levels of WHs so they can get a chance to see the entire content this game offers. As is stand c1-3 wormholes are excellent for starting up wormholes corporations. They provide decent content but do not allow the number of sites and isk require to fuel POSes in these hole so new corporations can get a foothold on low class wormhole space. I would like to see c1,c2 and c3 WHs be viable content for players.



They make plenty of isk, just need to know how.. the problem is incursions give a brand new player much higher isk/hour, thats hurting the w-space population.

--

hit quote limit (5), will double post
#15 - 2015-02-03 09:29:37 UTC
Bane Cortex wrote:


- More wormhole systems
I know over the years there have been additions of more WHs but i would like to see a steady increase in the number of wormholes as the player base for WH rises. As it stands it can be a very tasking and difficult process for a corpotation to fine an empty wormholes to live in.



I find them every day and there is the wormhole sales on the forum.. and the big addition wasnt over the years.. it just happened with phoebe.. -.-

Bane Cortex wrote:


- Fix ore sites

The creation of more ore sites for wormholes would be a great addition for eve online and would allow there to be a larger player base for doing wormhole mining. I do believe that mining minerals in a wormhole should be more viable than it currently is.



I know a lot of people who mine and live in w-space, their mining alts live in high sec because of the safety. creating more ore sites wont change that.

---

Sorry but you seem way out of touch with the playerbase you claim to represent, guessing you have had a long afk from eve.. and wormholes..
Sersei Sarum
#16 - 2015-02-03 15:25:27 UTC
If wanted to get into wh space but I always felt like it was kind of scary for newer people.
Northern Coalition.
#17 - 2015-02-03 18:27:16 UTC
Can you please tell us what type of wormhole you been living in and what you been doing in the wormholes . Tell us some more about you please.
#18 - 2015-02-04 02:40:16 UTC
Athanor Ruthoern wrote:
Can you please tell us what type of wormhole you been living in and what you been doing in the wormholes . Tell us some more about you please.



I have spend most of my WH live in both C5s and C4 wormholes. I been in them for quite some time. As far as myself I have been in a few different wormhole corps probably my most know would be The Aesir. I came into possession of that corp when dmitry wizard stepped down as ceo.

Some personal information about my self would be that I am 22 years old and I am nearing the completion of my computer science degree. Game have always been a large part of my life and so has eve online.
#19 - 2015-02-04 02:41:02 UTC
Sersei Sarum wrote:
If wanted to get into wh space but I always felt like it was kind of scary for newer people.


Well this is one of the main points of my campaign :) I do agree wormholes can be very scary
Red Coat Conspiracy
#20 - 2015-02-04 07:29:27 UTC
Bane Cortex wrote:
I am Bane Cortex, a long time wormholer and player of eve.

I'm friends with Dmitry, and knew the Aesir from the Ragnarok days, but I don't think I've ever dealt with or heard of you, unless you are running on an alt. I'm on my last leg of the game, but I've been in very active in wormholes since their inception, and I am skeptical of your experience. Personally, if I saw your corp history alone, I'd say you look like an alt. But to each their own. I'll discuss my thoughts on your ideas below.

Bane Cortex wrote:
- Anomaly mechanics

In relation to anomaly mechanics there are a few things I would like to look over. There is a definable issues for corps living in WHs mostly C5s with the randomness of the spawning of lowsec entrances to holes. This make corps living in these worm holes have to go through great wait times to be able to get to any content. Along with that being said there is also a large latency with spawn times on combat sites as well. I bring these points to the tables solely to aid in the creation of more content for players. Home content should be AS important as static content.

I lived in C5's for a loooong time, and if we really wanted content, we could always make it. If you are having issues with content in your wormholes, it may be the people you're playing with... I think you may need to diversify your experience before proposing changes like this.

Bane Cortex wrote:
- Balance wormhole effect

I would like to point out Black holes and cataclysmic variables at this point. These along with some effect make certain wormholes undesirable. This is forcing corps that want to so content into wormholes where they may require more ships or skills in order to create content. The effects on wormholes should be more even across the board to make it so there are no wormholes left out, creating more content for players.

I don't support the concept that wormhole effects need to be "balanced" to be more aligned because they don't want to diversify their skill training. Wormholes aren't rookie mode, and to be "good" in wormholes over time, you should have a more diverse skill portfolio. In my time in wormholes, I've flown tons of various doctrines and ships, and when our guys wanted to play in a particular "bonus", we would create ship/fleet comps for a doctrine, train for it, and test it. Game mechanics shouldn't be altered in this case.

Bane Cortex wrote:
- Make wormholes more accessible for new players

This strongly follows suit with the last two points I made. There is a strong need for content to be explored more and possible have more mechanics made so there is more interest in wormholes for new players. Wormholes are a great part of eve online and every new player should be able to explore then.

No. Create a better scanning/exploration/(maybe wormholes) tutorials or missions, but absolutely NO changes to wormholes to make them easier for new players. It isn't "new player" content, so if they really want to live and play in wormholes, go for it, and learn through the losses. The best wormholers/players learn through loss.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump