CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12
 

Ariete for CSM X

First post
Author
#21 - 2015-02-11 23:33:00 UTC
Ariete wrote:
Kynric wrote:
Ariete wrote:

Blackholes - They are still troublesome and under used. Giving them a more better use in wormhole space.


Do you live in a black hole? If not why are you so eager to advocate for changes to someone elses home? I live in a black hole and am very happy with the weather as it is.


Actually no i don't live in one. I have heard some feedback on them and it seem's they still need a tweak. However I would like to here from you on how you see them.


The blackhole favors missiles as they experience a greater range and due to the explosion velocity bonus the damage application keeps up with the faster ships. Ships move faster and webs are less effective which favor mobility. The longer targeting range fits in nicely with both the faster movement and the longer range of missiles. That movement requires the pilot to think ahead a bit more as agility is challenged and speeds are higher. Turrets and drones both experience tracking issues as relative motion is often greater. Yes capital escalations are a bit more difficult but there is far more to life than the use of dreadnaughts for pve. That increased difficulty can be dealt with so it is not a deal breaker. All in all it is a good set of effects which work together in interesting ways. They permit different doctrines but are not as oppressive towards random guests as either the wolf rayet or pulsar. I would label it as something done right rather than a feature in need of change.

But all of that is not what caused me to trip over your request for my vote. My concern is that if you intend to advocate for the space I live in you should do so in a way that is respectful of the way I use the space and play the game. Half thought out ideas are harmful rather than helpful and to be honest it would be better to have less wormhole representation than a representative that causes bad changes. Should you be successful in advocating that my home changes the likely result is that I would have to move the team to a different system and that is not something that will earn you my vote.
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-02-12 11:59:07 UTC
Kynric wrote:
Ariete wrote:
Kynric wrote:
Ariete wrote:

Blackholes - They are still troublesome and under used. Giving them a more better use in wormhole space.


Do you live in a black hole? If not why are you so eager to advocate for changes to someone elses home? I live in a black hole and am very happy with the weather as it is.


Actually no i don't live in one. I have heard some feedback on them and it seem's they still need a tweak. However I would like to here from you on how you see them.


The blackhole favors missiles as they experience a greater range and due to the explosion velocity bonus the damage application keeps up with the faster ships. Ships move faster and webs are less effective which favor mobility. The longer targeting range fits in nicely with both the faster movement and the longer range of missiles. That movement requires the pilot to think ahead a bit more as agility is challenged and speeds are higher. Turrets and drones both experience tracking issues as relative motion is often greater. Yes capital escalations are a bit more difficult but there is far more to life than the use of dreadnaughts for pve. That increased difficulty can be dealt with so it is not a deal breaker. All in all it is a good set of effects which work together in interesting ways. They permit different doctrines but are not as oppressive towards random guests as either the wolf rayet or pulsar. I would label it as something done right rather than a feature in need of change.

But all of that is not what caused me to trip over your request for my vote. My concern is that if you intend to advocate for the space I live in you should do so in a way that is respectful of the way I use the space and play the game. Half thought out ideas are harmful rather than helpful and to be honest it would be better to have less wormhole representation than a representative that causes bad changes. Should you be successful in advocating that my home changes the likely result is that I would have to move the team to a different system and that is not something that will earn you my vote.


Thanks for the info. I would guess this is a case of people who don't live in black holes find it hard to adjust to the effects. Where as the people who do live there get use to it. I'll guess they will have to just figure it out.
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-02-14 15:15:51 UTC
Well looking forward to the CSM X wormhole talk later tonight - [url]https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=403934&find=unread[/url]
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-02-14 23:05:34 UTC
The Wormhole CSMX Talk is about to happen. Talk to the candidates.
The-Culture
#25 - 2015-02-14 23:23:45 UTC
Good platform to work with. Will be watching.
#26 - 2015-02-18 09:23:25 UTC
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-02-18 20:03:10 UTC
Bellak Hark wrote:


Thanks for that.
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-02-18 22:00:38 UTC
Filled out the Vote Match There is some quite useful information there.
Spatial Instability
#29 - 2015-02-19 01:08:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
Listened to the WH townhall, couldn't be there myself. I am concerned with a few of your ideas.


Namely:

Drama within the CSM. You are not there to police them. There is bound to be disagreements and they are healthy.

NPE. We're talking about from day one to a couple of months here right? Wormholes are not an new player thing. They don't have the skills to survive or be useful at that age. They can't run the sites effectively, can't PvP against things like T3's (for arguments sake) and they have no clue of game mechanics. These are things that are needed off the bat for living in a wormhole.
I agree there needs to be more advertisement for wormhole space for new players, but new players are not useful to themselves. To this extent they would get very bored, very quickly.

Sovereignty. As wormholers, personally I think we should be very careful about this type of topic. We don't like it when Nullsec people, who do not live here, have a say in the day to day running of the way we live. Slippery slope.

---

Okay so a couple of questions.

Do you feel wormholes are in a good shape currently and why?

Obviously lower class wormholes have been looked at a fair bit this year. Which possibly means that a look at higher class holes is coming. What do you feel are the three big things that need changing in higher class holes? Why do these things need changing and how would you propose they are changed.

How would you push for more PvP encouragement in wormhole space / do you think that there needs to be something added that would encourage more PvP to happen in wormhole space?

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-02-19 19:39:22 UTC
Seraph Essael wrote:
Listened to the WH townhall, couldn't be there myself. I am concerned with a few of your ideas.


"Drama within the CSM. You are not there to police them. There is bound to be disagreements and they are healthy."

In any organisation there will be always be disagreements and not liking the people who you work with, that's life. What you do need to be is professional and work with people regardless of your views of them.

"NPE. We're talking about from day one to a couple of months here right? Wormholes are not an new player thing. They don't have the skills to survive or be useful at that age. They can't run the sites effectively, can't PvP against things like T3's (for arguments sake) and they have no clue of game mechanics. These are things that are needed off the bat for living in a wormhole.
I agree there needs to be more advertisement for wormhole space for new players, but new players are not useful to themselves. To this extent they would get very bored, very quickly
."

The idea is as part of the exploration mission arc that you can do is to introduce you to wormhole space. By get you to scan down a wormhole which is instanced just for you so you can enter it and be tought to bookmark, scan and do some easy sites.

The new opportunities system which they have just announced instead of the mission system could make this harder, i will have to look at the new system on Sisi.

"Sovereignty. As wormholers, personally I think we should be very careful about this type of topic. We don't like it when Nullsec people, who do not live here, have a say in the day to day running of the way we live. Slippery slope."

As much as we like our wormholes been sov-less, every where else has sovereignty of one kind or another and it effects or interaction with K-space ie PVP, Logistics etc etc.

"Okay so a couple of questions.

Do you feel wormholes are in a good shape currently and why?"

Over all yes, there was some panic over the changes to wormholes and some people left. We got use to it now and things are picking up.

"Obviously lower class wormholes have been looked at a fair bit this year. Which possibly means that a look at higher class holes is coming. What do you feel are the three big things that need changing in higher class holes? Why do these things need changing and how would you propose they are changed."

There has been much improvement on the lower system, C4 space once the dearth of wormhole space are now thriving. C5 and C6 need a bit of work but not by much. Tweaks to the sleeper sites to make them more random, I don't think that CCP would give us sleeper dreads to fight.

"How would you push for more PvP encouragement in wormhole space / do you think that there needs to be something added that would encourage more PvP to happen in wormhole space?"

The PVP is good when you get it, it's nearly always who gets the most wins. That is the same all over Eve. However there is a problem that i see is when you find people to fight and they POS up, they see too much risk for little reward. Theres no easy answer for that and you can't fix it.
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2015-02-19 19:46:23 UTC
Finally my Capstable interview has been posted. http://capstable.net/2015/02/19/ariete/
Second Empire.
#32 - 2015-02-19 21:05:57 UTC
Ariete wrote:
Finally my Capstable interview has been posted. http://capstable.net/2015/02/19/ariete/


Good interview, Ariete. You'll have a spot high on my list for CSM.

I would encourage all wormholers to listen to this interview - I think it does a much better job at laying out Ariete's positions than either the thread or the Town Hall that has been posted. I think Ariete will be a good #2 to Corbexx this year and I think we all want two wormholers, so vote them #1 and #2!

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

Red Coat Conspiracy
#33 - 2015-02-20 06:55:48 UTC
Saw Rhavas' bump for your thread and knew your interview was posted, so I took a listen. I will say that you did much better in the interview than I had anticipated based on the townhall the other day. You are clearly a nice and likable guy, with the occasional giggle in self amusement and a hint of nerves in your tone as you struggle through some of the questions/answers. The latter is normal ofcourse, but the former really does say a lot about you in my opinion.

I think you took a leap in this campaign. You don't strike me as the spotlight kinda person, and I'm basing this on my interaction and observation of you. Almost none. I can tell you that I wouldn't be surprised by Hidden Fremen, Ayeson, Bernie Nator, Chitsa Jason, Bronya Boga, Longinous Spear, Jack Miton, Winthorp, Sith1s Spectre, Billy Hardcore, James Arget, or even Rhavas running for CSM, since I know how involved they get in this game, and they lead from the front in their interaction with other players. Until your announcement, I'd never heard from you.

After listening to your interview, I heard the same rhetoric all political prospects use, including myself last year, but I didn't find that you are really trying to bring anymore to the table other than your commitment to support Corbexx, which doesn't really mean you need to be a CSM to do that. I support Corbexx, Sugar, and others often, and I don't or have intentions on serving on CSM. I have respected Rhavas' opinion for a long time now, and always look forward to his write-ups and blog posts, but for the first time in sometime I have to say I'm not in agreement with him.

I just don't see that you bring anything to the table that we don't already have. Corbexx has plenty of support, and he gets things done. The question becomes:

Would having two wormhole candidates make it even better?

Yes, I think it would. But the next question becomes:

Are you the guy that would best represent as the second wormhole candidate?

I'm not convinced you are... but, I will say you are likely the only other option I see currently. I think you are a nice guy, and I think you are a better option than Bane Cortex or Angrod, but I am concerned that you aren't keen on maintaining a blog or capitalizing on written communication avenues. Corbexx is already a terrible writer (he admits this freely), and if I were to ask for an amazing #2, a great writer and communicator that supports him is what I'd wish for...

That's my two cents, and you are on my ballot (if that means anything) as the only other wormhole candidate worth voting for.

+1

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Second Empire.
#34 - 2015-02-20 07:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhavas
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
I didn't find that you are really trying to bring anymore to the table other than your commitment to support Corbexx, which doesn't really mean you need to be a CSM to do that. I support Corbexx, Sugar, and others often, and I don't or have intentions on serving on CSM. I have respected Rhavas' opinion for a long time now, and always look forward to his write-ups and blog posts, but for the first time in sometime I have to say I'm not in agreement with him.

I just don't see that you bring anything to the table that we don't already have. Corbexx has plenty of support, and he gets things done. The question becomes:

Would having two wormhole candidates make it even better?

Yes, I think it would. But the next question becomes:

Are you the guy that would best represent as the second wormhole candidate?

I'm not convinced you are... but, I will say you are likely the only other option I see currently. I think you are a nice guy, and I think you are a better option than Bane Cortex or Angrod, but I am concerned that you aren't keen on maintaining a blog or capitalizing on written communication avenues. Corbexx is already a terrible writer (he admits this freely), and if I were to ask for an amazing #2, a great writer and communicator that supports him is what I'd wish for...


Aww, Proc you don't love me any more. Blink

Ariete is one of my corp-mates, it's true. But it is very rare that he and I fly together - maybe once in the last year - we're in different time zones and have only a handful of connections. So unlike James Arget in CSM 8, who I knew very well, Ariete and I are not as closely acquainted. And you're right, Ariete is not a radical departure from Corbexx.

I think your questions strike to the core of the matter. 1) Would we, as wormholers, be better off with two reps? I think we would. And 2) Is Ariete the best #2? He's got opinions that match mine, with the possible exception of the Black Hole stuff (I'm not well-versed in life in new Black Holes and how well they're going so it's hard for me to tell). Here's a sneak preview of my coming opinion: Unless one of the 15 unannounced but approved candidates is one of the more famed people you note above, while others call themselves wormhole candidates in a shill for votes, Ariete is in my opinion the only one in the race other than Corbexx who I consider a true wormhole candidate. For me, this makes the math very straightforward.

o7

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

Gallente Federation
#35 - 2015-02-24 09:50:56 UTC
Rhavas wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
I didn't find that you are really trying to bring anymore to the table other than your commitment to support Corbexx, which doesn't really mean you need to be a CSM to do that. I support Corbexx, Sugar, and others often, and I don't or have intentions on serving on CSM. I have respected Rhavas' opinion for a long time now, and always look forward to his write-ups and blog posts, but for the first time in sometime I have to say I'm not in agreement with him.

I just don't see that you bring anything to the table that we don't already have. Corbexx has plenty of support, and he gets things done. The question becomes:

Would having two wormhole candidates make it even better?

Yes, I think it would. But the next question becomes:

Are you the guy that would best represent as the second wormhole candidate?

I'm not convinced you are... but, I will say you are likely the only other option I see currently. I think you are a nice guy, and I think you are a better option than Bane Cortex or Angrod, but I am concerned that you aren't keen on maintaining a blog or capitalizing on written communication avenues. Corbexx is already a terrible writer (he admits this freely), and if I were to ask for an amazing #2, a great writer and communicator that supports him is what I'd wish for...


Aww, Proc you don't love me any more. Blink

Ariete is one of my corp-mates, it's true. But it is very rare that he and I fly together - maybe once in the last year - we're in different time zones and have only a handful of connections. So unlike James Arget in CSM 8, who I knew very well, Ariete and I are not as closely acquainted. And you're right, Ariete is not a radical departure from Corbexx.

I think your questions strike to the core of the matter. 1) Would we, as wormholers, be better off with two reps? I think we would. And 2) Is Ariete the best #2? He's got opinions that match mine, with the possible exception of the Black Hole stuff (I'm not well-versed in life in new Black Holes and how well they're going so it's hard for me to tell). Here's a sneak preview of my coming opinion: Unless one of the 15 unannounced but approved candidates is one of the more famed people you note above, while others call themselves wormhole candidates in a shill for votes, Ariete is in my opinion the only one in the race other than Corbexx who I consider a true wormhole candidate. For me, this makes the math very straightforward.

o7


Back from a busy weekend of work.

Actually i have been blogging since what 1997ish of the top of my head, yes old school way of running my own hosted server etc. These days it's on Tumbler http://mrhuggy.net thats mostly personal stuff. I will be setting up a website for CSM if i get elected and with in the realms that i can, try to give updates on what we are doing in the CSM either on a daily or weekly basis.


Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-02-24 10:20:20 UTC
Q and A from Shadowand Light About Running Multiple Accounts.

- Are you for or against Input Duplication in EVE Online.

Against, Been able to control many accounts at the same time is breaking the gameplay, the game and the Eula.

- Are you for or against the various tools listed above (ISBoxer, AutoHotKey, mutli button keyboards etc)

Against Mostly, the use of programs, addons, modification to control multiple accounts or to gain an advantage in terms of hitting buttons quicker is again bad for the game play and the game.

However there are keyboards etc that you can program keys in etc. These can only be used on the client that you are active on, they are not broadcasting to multiple clients. As long you are not using it for macros they shouldn't be banned.

- Should players be able to control multiple accounts in EVE Online, if so, should their be a limit?

Yes a fair few of us do have multiple accounts running. This is fine as long as you are not doing things to control them all at once. Should there be a limit, i think not. If some one wanted to run 40 accounts on the one pc by alt tabbing, good luck with the RSI.

- A CCP spokesperson recently stated that he would like to see EVE being brought to 1 Person = 1 Pilot, I am assuming along the lines of games lik Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Your thoughts?

It is one person one pilot at the moment. Every account is owned by a person, account sharing is against the EULA as one of the CSM 9 members found out and got banned.

- If CCP does decide to limit mulitboxing in EVE (which it appears they have started to) would game design changes make more sense vs. banning players or do you feel this is a correct path for them to currently follow.

Owning multiple accounts should still be fine, running a large amount of them is the trouble. Changes in the game and Ui could help to make it harder for people to run a large amount of clients and reduce the amount of people doing it.
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-02-25 19:43:56 UTC
Voting is open now, get out and vote.
2 PagesPrevious page12
Forum Jump