Issues, Workarounds & Localization

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Corrupted or missing file

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 Posted: 2011.12.21 19:50
Yesterday I loaded eve and it was due for a client update. after the patch and trying to reboot eve I received a pop up saying that there was a missing or corrupted file. The window advised to run the repair in the base eve folder. The first time I ran it it said there was a download available. After the download the pop occurred again. This time running the repair.exe triggered "sonar" that is part of my norton security. Which terminated and deleted the program . I was unable to turn off the firewall sufficient enough to run the repair.exe, and continued to be terminated and deleted by sonar.

I ended up just downloading another client. and the program worked for the rest of the day. Found it odd that all of my log in accounts where saved in the drop down menu on the log in screen. Along with all of my book marks and windows with the same settings.

Today trying to log in brought the same pop up window and I am now downloading the entire client again.

Is any one else familiar with this? Am I going to have to re-install eve daily?
C C P Alliance
#2 Posted: 2011.12.23 11:38
Could you post a bit more details? What are the error messages saying (screenshot preferably)?

We just released version 3.39 of the repair tool, you can check if it fixed your issue.
CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk
My Broadcast Log
Masters of Flying Objects
#3 Posted: 2011.12.23 12:23
CCP Sputnik wrote:
Could you post a bit more details? What are the error messages saying (screenshot preferably)?

We just released version 3.39 of the repair tool, you can check if it fixed your issue.

New repair tool is giving Norton fits. wont install or run even when trusted.

Runs fine when using the sisi launcher but if you try to run it from the file folder Norton sonor deletes the file:...appdata\local\temp\nsd5b8e.temp\repair.exe

also main eve client with sisi laucher it runs on TQ it uploads and installs but TQ it fails every time.
If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.