EVE General Discussion

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

The Key to Mass-Harvesting and Giving Likes (aka...

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Pandemic Legion
#101 Posted: 2011.12.29 18:55
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Mag's wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
yeah I'm not really a huggy person!
I'll like then, plus it gets ride of that 777 number. Twisted


how did you get almost 4000 likes?? I need to know your secret.


He doesn't work for CCP Lol

It is kind of funny that a member of The United (the people that make Rancer dangerous) is better received then Devs.
Gallente Federation
#102 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:09
Click ALL the like !
You're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, that's what hello kitty online is for.

- CCP Wrangler
#103 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:11
Xolve wrote:
He doesn't work for CCP Lol

It is kind of funny that a member of The United (the people that make Rancer dangerous) is better received then Devs.


You have to consider the number of people that don't know who "The United" is, and the people that don't even bother looking at peoples names, let alone corps. As a dev however, it is hard to not notice that they are a dev because of the giant blue banner. And because of that giant blue banner some may move away from the like button.
 - Today's Goals - 
Log Into Forums - [X]
Make More Useless Posts - [X]
Log Into EVE - [  ]
Gentlemen's Agreement
#104 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:27
Destination SkillQueue is here to sow discord and tear us apart in a competition for the most likes! Do not believe her positive and outgoing nature! It's like the cake! Don't believe it, IT'S A LIE!
#105 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:41
Crasniya wrote:
Destination SkillQueue is here to sow discord and tear us apart in a competition for the most likes! Do not believe her positive and outgoing nature! It's like the cake! Don't believe it, IT'S A LIE!

In that case, I applaud her efforts in the name of Discordia.
Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.
Dirt Nap Squad.
#106 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:41
War Kitten wrote:
I wondered how many other people were getting the like-attention from her.

Merry Likemas everyone!


Yes... and it makes me nervous
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --H.L. Mencken
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#107 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:47
Well, I guess SDQ wanted to achieve what the "Like and Get Likes" thread failed to do: removing the stupid like system by inflating likes in a way that they become meaningless.
I for one applaud this effort and hope that my new hero will succeed in his/her quest for a better tomorrow.
I'm just going to walk the Earth. You know, like Caine in Kung Fu: walk from place to place, meet people, get into adventures and die of autoerotic asphyxation in a sleazy Thai hotel room.
#108 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:58
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Well, I guess SDQ wanted to achieve what the "Like and Get Likes" thread failed to do: removing the stupid like system by inflating likes in a way that they become meaningless.
I for one applaud this effort and hope that my new hero will succeed in his/her quest for a better tomorrow.

The assumption that likes ever meant anything bothers me.

The fact that I have over 500, with only 30-35 from SDQ, should tell you just how pointless it is.
Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.
#109 Posted: 2011.12.29 19:58
Only 1 like for me. 8(

It was baffling when I received it though, was from a post I made several months back, I was wondering whoa now there is someone who likes to read old threads!
Caldari State
#110 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:05
Nothing wrong with spreading some xmas joy.
Red Coat Conspiracy
#111 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:14  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
Holy crap...I went to lunch at work, came back and had 132 notifications waiting...and lo and behold! There are still more coming in! lol

I think I might be sending some ISKies when I log in today.
Naquatech Syndicate
#112 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:14
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Yea i'm being stalked to by her, i'm afraid Sad
Help me Cry

Minmatar Republic
#113 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:18
Is this another like and get likes thread, but now only for Destination SkillQueue.. I am all for it.

Already done my part. Big smile
#114 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:22
I donno.

It's either a forum bug, very, very likely seeing I get this day a lot of 'we are ganked' pages again, or DSQ is trying to make a point that without unlikes the 'like' stuff has no purpose.

I started this day with 72 likes for example. I rather get likes for good posts (which I don't do that often) then for no reason at all.


Minmatar Republic
#115 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:24
Pak Narhoo wrote:
I donno.

It's either a forum bug, very, very likely seeing I get this day a lot of 'we are ganked' pages again, or DSQ is trying to make a point that without unlikes the 'like' stuff has no purpose.

I started this day with 72 likes for example. I rather get likes for good posts (which I don't do that often) then for no reason at all.




All my posts are good. Why do you write bad posts in the first place Big smileBig smileBig smile

/hide in the shadow of valley of death.
Minmatar Republic
#116 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:26
I just went through DSQ's recent posts and liked.. and AS I WAS DOING IT, he did the same for me! The man is devious!
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#117 Posted: 2011.12.29 20:29
Feligast wrote:
I just went through DSQ's recent posts and liked.. and AS I WAS DOING IT, he did the same for me! The man is devious!


Now he is even liking Goons? Damn...he is out of control, someone has to stop this madness....
I'm just going to walk the Earth. You know, like Caine in Kung Fu: walk from place to place, meet people, get into adventures and die of autoerotic asphyxation in a sleazy Thai hotel room.
Red Coat Conspiracy
#118 Posted: 2011.12.29 21:11  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
493...wow...just...wow...

Sure making a point.

I never even paid attention to my likes until now lol...
C C P Alliance
#119 Posted: 2011.12.29 21:20
Oh the notification spam! Shocked
Just a random dude in Team Security.
#120 Posted: 2011.12.29 21:37
I've always simply given likes whenever I am entertained by a post, whether it is by someone that violently disagrees with me or otherwise.

Giving out gratuitous likes is against my religion... I'm Antagonistic.
To carve a successful niche for yourself in EVE you need to be able to out sell, out produce, out fight,  out run, or out wit your competitors.
If you can do none of the above, your only option is to complain on the forums that somehow you are at a disadvantage using the exact same tool set as the rest of the player base.
Forum Jump