These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Launcher

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE Launcher version 1086194

First post
Author
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-10-24 10:51:41 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Snorlax
EVE Launcher version 1086194 has the following changes:

• Smaller downloads for updates.
  • Bundling of files in initial download

The launcher now does binary patching based on bsdiff, on a per-file basis. This can result in a significant reduction in download size when patching from one build to the next, usually reducing the download size to 20% of the original. The launcher will look for a patch file based on the version of the file it already has - if none exists, it will simply download the new file as a whole, as it has done to date, so it is very tolerant to patches not existing, or the patch failing for whatever reason.

The initial download contains a large number of small files - bundling them together is more efficient.

Windows specific:

• High DPI scaling - the launcher finally looks right on a 4K monitor
  • Web GUI is completely shut down when launcher closes to tray

The Mac version has a different version number - 1086523, but is otherwise the same as the Windows version. The launcher no longer offers Cider as an option.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#2 - 2016-10-24 11:10:16 UTC
Massive thanks to the team responsible for maintaining the (macOS) launcher! I've been using it to launch multiple clients on Tranquility and Singularity for a while, and it's a sanity saver for sure :D
Maja Chou
#3 - 2016-10-24 13:21:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Maja Chou
CCP Snorlax wrote:
EVE Launcher version 1086194 has the following changes:
Web GUI is completely shut down when launcher closes to tray

Nice to see we safed about 100mb of ram but the launcher itselft still need more as 200mb.

Next roblem because of this change:
If closed to tray and reopened you see few sec (with my ssd) just white window.
Realy shocking for the night adapted eyes and you think every time omg not again connection problems.

I am not sure its worth safe 100mb to get this lag and the eyes flashing out moment.

Even if reopened the whole launcher sems to display all stuff and after this its starting rerendering the whole window again , resize and rearange all stuff to actual layout and size.
Thit looks not realy professional and is an adittional lag you get.
Again the safed 100mb dont look ike its worth al these.

CCPLS the news with pictures in it are great (exept the shocking moment you see Fozzie smiling zo you in he launcher ;) )
BUT think also about players who havend 2k displays, the launcher not to full screen (AND!!! play on fullhd WITH win 7 taskbar oben).
So we need need these news scollable and automatical scalling down to a minimal size.
Better do it the opposite way. Start designing the stuff with minimal launchersize and scale it up to higher Res or windowsize. In this case you even see better where we need scollbars or where are news windows not full shown.

Next Point: can we pls get rid of the useless empty space on the left of the account list?
If news are shown and the launcher is realy small the news overlapp the accountlist but in the left its enough empty space, Just the design dont move the list to the right in this case..

And if i can make a wisch to xmas or yule ladds or just the new year:
Can we pls get 2 or more Autostartoptions? Combined with other profile settings if the accont ist startet with other multistart"profile".
So we can start the mining fleet with the mining overviews and low grafiksetup and the incursionrunner with incursion setup and high grafiks to enjoy the game and the pvp chars with...
You get the point i guess.

I even hope sometimes there will be a fallback picture in the launcher maybee with some support informations on it so if connections fail we dont have to watch a empty white square.

I will even say a big thank you to the dev(s) who get the launcher running and evolving.
I am with the new one since beta and we see a good progression.

Da die auf Schildwall vorhandenen Informationen nur einen minimalen Einfluss auf das Endergebnis der Neuspielererfahrung von EVE als ganzes gehabt hätten,habe ich beschlossen, die Informationen so zu belassen, wie CCP sie zu liefern in der Lage ist.

Forfunest
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-10-24 14:11:31 UTC
My launcher just updated now it fills the whole screen. I cannot resize it at all. I tried to take a screen shot of it to no avail. Uninstalled and re-installed . Still acting the same.
Maja Chou
#5 - 2016-10-24 14:28:49 UTC
doubleclick in the launcher topbar dont work?
(i dont know why there is no standard icon for this in the top right corner as in ALL windows)

Da die auf Schildwall vorhandenen Informationen nur einen minimalen Einfluss auf das Endergebnis der Neuspielererfahrung von EVE als ganzes gehabt hätten,habe ich beschlossen, die Informationen so zu belassen, wie CCP sie zu liefern in der Lage ist.

Jenn Sylvie' FlyingCougar
Doomheim
#6 - 2016-10-24 16:05:24 UTC
Since today's Launcher update, the Launcher opens to larger than full screen. Dubl-clicks on titlebar does shrink it to a usable size, but still takes up nearly all the screen.

I run an Nvidia 1060 card, hdmi to a Seiko 1920x1080 screen. I already made sure graphics updates and known card issues got ruled out. So it seems the issue is with the Launcher and not my PC.

As mentioned before, defaulting to a minimum size rather than a maximum size would be better for the range of PCs and screens that capsuleers use.

Maczimo Saissore
Kingsparrow Wormhole Division
#7 - 2016-10-24 16:24:47 UTC
Why is the new launcher window so big that I cant see the whole thing in either of my monitors?
Why can I not resize the launcher window to a size that will actually fit in my monitor?
Why is there no maximize button to auto-fit the launcher window into the monitor full screen?
At the very least why is there no scroll bar so that I can scroll down to see the entirety of the launcher window?

Resizing the desktop screen resolution doesn't work because I play in window mode, because multiboxing, and resizing the desktop means resizing my in-game screen resolution which I don't want because the in-game text becomes too small and unreadable.

Please tell me someone is going to fix this...
Crizzy
Fuentes Tech Industries
#8 - 2016-10-24 16:31:05 UTC
It´s way to Big .. pls fix that quick
Gloriaa
Borderlands corp
True Reign
#9 - 2016-10-24 18:16:03 UTC
This is crazy I have tried to open launcher, several times, every time it wants to update. It has not changed anything. It will not open game for me.
Lukas Langeheuvel
Port Avalon Enterprises
#10 - 2016-10-24 19:37:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Lukas Langeheuvel
No account selection list comes up for me. I can't launch the game.

EDIT: Uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher solved the problem
Careby
#11 - 2016-10-24 22:01:05 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
...Windows specific:
[list]
  • High DPI scaling - the launcher finally looks right on a 4K monitor...

• That's nice, but it's now broken on my 2560x1600 displays.

After updating, the launcher window and fonts doubled in size. After trying different things I was able to get it to revert to normal by reducing Windows text scaling from 150% to 125%. Unfortunately 150% is what I need for everything else.

The behavior is the same on two different systems, one Windows 8.1 and one Windows 10.

Blitzcrank X Alistar
    BigMoneyFlow
    #12 - 2016-10-25 00:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Blitzcrank X Alistar
    The new launcher brought a strange behaviour with it, if you use a steam made account that was converted to a standard one (giving it a account name) you will see the steam name you had when you bought eve instead of the account name that is shown on the account management page.
    Fran Kanenald
    Quasar Associates
    #13 - 2016-10-25 01:48:38 UTC
    Great. Since you changed the launcher last December, I had to go out and buy a new Alienware computer in order to run the launcher. Now, whatever you did completely broke the launcher for me. Now I am able to bring up the lauincher, sign on, but then am never able to select PLAY and get to the point where I can select my character. Will you quit breaking the launcher every time you do a new deployment.
    Miri Hareka
    In The Woods
    #14 - 2016-10-25 06:15:57 UTC
    The entire screen fills with the launcher and parts of it are cut off. There does not seem to be any settings that i can change to make it fit to screen. Display is set to 1920 x 1080 (default) and I am running windows 7. Please fix this. I have a screen shot, but I can't find the insert img file for the forums (assuming it is not available unless you use a html link)
    Namtaan Prowat
    Circumlunar Zaibatsu
    #15 - 2016-10-25 06:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Namtaan Prowat
    Is there no way to use Cider at all anymore? It was nice because it was a Mac app so I could target it with BetterTouchTool and create mouse and keyboard shortcuts for common things. There's no way to use them with Wine because it's just a shell script and can't be seen by BetterTouchTool. Don't know if I can go back to the old way.
    Sawbonz
    Southern Bull Corporation
    #16 - 2016-10-25 09:55:57 UTC
    Launcher hangs after login selection. Uninstalled/reinstalled, no change. Bug report submitted.
    Maja Chou
    #17 - 2016-10-25 11:19:40 UTC
    not funny this new version,
    the update today, i hit play x accounts... nothing happened
    hat to restart the whole launcher to start my clients

its even a terrible mistake closing the qtwebengine if minimzed to tray!

if reopened from tray it lost all running clients!
    if you hit play the launcher in its tupidity starts all clients and kicks in this way ALL running clients out of the game!

thats broken pls fix asap!

Jarr Amintor
    Amintor Industries
    #18 - 2016-10-25 14:56:09 UTC
    This New Launcher will not let you log into Tranquility it will let you log into the Test Server

Also
    When you select Tranquility the Remember this account checkbox is missing
    When you select Sinqularity the Remember this account checkbox appears

Please explain why I pay you to be your QA department???
    Autumn Equinox
    Evil Young Flesh
    #19 - 2016-10-25 15:49:55 UTC
    CCP Snorlax,

Please can you advise me how to shrink the launcher back to the old, appropriate size on my 4k monitor.

Its tooo big - it looks like its a 1080 on its own....... I do not run eve in full 4k.. but I do like to have a section of the screen for Web browsing, especially as the In Game Browser has now been removed.

I run eve as a 2809 x 2054 size, with UI Scaling at 150% Leaving me a chunk of screen to the right for a web browser, and I used to have the launcher in the bottom right corner beneath the browser. It all fitted and looked good :-)

However, if you could update the launcher so it remembers the EVE client screen location, so I do not have to move it every time I login, that would be a fantastic addition to the launcher. The normal CTRL+Close does NOT save the eve client location for next time.

I am happy to provide you a screen shot, but not on the open eve forums.

Thanks,

Autumn
    CCP Snorlax
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #20 - 2016-10-25 16:05:19 UTC
    Miri Hareka wrote:
    The entire screen fills with the launcher and parts of it are cut off. There does not seem to be any settings that i can change to make it fit to screen. Display is set to 1920 x 1080 (default) and I am running windows 7. Please fix this. I have a screen shot, but I can't find the insert img file for the forums (assuming it is not available unless you use a html link)

Can't you resize the window by dragging on the edges/corners?

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

12Next page