• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ISD Question

First post
Author
SoliToons
#1 - 2016-11-22 17:14:35 UTC
Hey guys how is everyone?

Quick question

I have applied for STAR ISD i was just wandering how long it takes to get a reply? Been waiting a few weeks-ish really eager to hear back is all. Thanks guys!
#2 - 2016-11-22 18:08:29 UTC
Kyle Khann wrote:

Quick question

I have applied for STAR ISD i was just wandering how long it takes to get a reply? Been waiting a few weeks-ish really eager to hear back is all. Thanks guys!

In the past at least, they haven't been very consistent in their recruitment. Unless they've shaken things up, they used to have a lag time of months, maybe years. It seems like it's a lower priority program for CCP, and it might depend more on whether or not that particular dev feels like he wants to deal with it that week, whether or not they are doing recruitment drives. In the mean time, you don't have to be ISD to be helpful. Hone those helping skills in the help channel. If you can't handle doing it because you enjoy it, having an ISD in your character name won't make it any more engaging.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2016-11-22 18:17:27 UTC
If I remember correctly, I applied twice and never got a reply. Word is they have gotten better at this since then, but if not then they really need to unfuck their application process - there are many people willing and able to help out, but they'd need to be given a chance to do so.
SoliToons
#4 - 2016-11-22 18:18:14 UTC
mkint wrote:
Kyle Khann wrote:

Quick question

In the past at least, they haven't been very consistent in their recruitment. Unless they've shaken things up, they used to have a lag time of months, maybe years. It seems like it's a lower priority program for CCP, and it might depend more on whether or not that particular dev feels like he wants to deal with it that week, whether or not they are doing recruitment drives. In the mean time, you don't have to be ISD to be helpful. Hone those helping skills in the help channel. If you can't handle doing it because you enjoy it, having an ISD in your character name won't make it any more engaging.

I completely agree with what you have said regarding helping people i love doing it. Just curious more than anything :) Thanks for the reply buddy!
SoliToons
#5 - 2016-11-22 18:19:05 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
If I remember correctly, I applied twice and never got a reply. Word is they have gotten better at this since then, but if not then they really need to unfuck their application process - there are many people willing and able to help out, but they'd need to be given a chance to do so.

Im rather new so i dont know how it used to be thats why i asked :D
#6 - 2016-11-22 18:20:13 UTC
Hi, ISD is always recruiting. We are currently in a slow period for actioning applications, but this is due to be improved with an update from CCP to ISD.

So, TL:DR - please be patient, we have your application and you will get a response, Soon™

STAR Executive

ISD STAR (Support Training and Resources)

Helping new players undock since 2003

ISD do not reply to EVE Mails or PMs to discuss moderation actions. Please contact Customer Support in those cases.

#7 - 2016-11-22 18:22:52 UTC
Hi there

Just to clear up a few misconceptions, firstly the recruitment of ISD is done directly by ISD members (I'm the one that looks after all STAR related applications) so no Dev time is required. However for some time now we've had some serious infrastructure problems between applications being submitted and being received at our end. This is being worked on and we've been promised some of the top men™ at CCP are working on the issues.

As a workaround if you have submitted are still interested in joining ISD I'd recommend emailing recruitment@eve-star.net and I'll see what information I can get from CCP.

As a general warning ISD and Player identities have to be kept separate so you can't be identified so if you do want to apply best to not let anyone else know. If you do have any general questions about STAR and ISD feel free to ask in this thread or send me a mail ingame and I'll do my best to get back to you.
SoliToons
#8 - 2016-11-22 18:23:17 UTC
ISD Arooga wrote:
Hi, ISD is always recruiting. We are currently in a slow period for actioning applications, but this is due to be improved with an update from CCP to ISD.

So, TL:DR - please be patient, we have your application and you will get a response, Soon™

Haha thanks buddy PS: Love the "TM" on the "SOON"
SoliToons
#9 - 2016-11-22 18:25:45 UTC
ISD Tipene wrote:
Hi there

Just to clear up a few misconceptions, firstly the recruitment of ISD is done directly by ISD members (I'm the one that looks after all STAR related applications) so no Dev time is required. However for some time now we've had some serious infrastructure problems between applications being submitted and being received at our end. This is being worked on and we've been promised some of the top men™ at CCP are working on the issues.

As a workaround if you have submitted are still interested in joining ISD I'd recommend emailing recruitment@eve-star.net and I'll see what information I can get from CCP.

As a general warning ISD and Player identities have to be kept separate so you can't be identified so if you do want to apply best to not let anyone else know. If you do have any general questions about STAR and ISD feel free to ask in this thread or send me a mail ingame and I'll do my best to get back to you.

Thank you for informing me of this i was not aware :)
SoliToons
#10 - 2016-11-22 18:32:10 UTC
Would it be possible to delete/lock this post as my question has been answered thank you?
#11 - 2016-11-22 20:47:37 UTC
From my own experience things were very slow. It took ages before I got an invitation to an interview and the interview process seemed extremely convoluted . I probably should have been more patient but in the end the whole affair made me change my mind about volunteering which was and is a shame as I was excited with the prospect of actually giving something back to the game I have enjoyed for the last ten years.

Be patient, I'm sure everything will work out for the best in the end.
#12 - 2016-11-22 21:24:06 UTC
ISD Tipene wrote:
Hi there

Hmm. My mistake. I assumed it'd be the community team or something. Seems like there ought to be a dev (who gets paid) in charge of keeping your ranks full, given how important the role is.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Dibz
#13 - 2016-11-22 21:25:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Dibz
I have a feeling your application will be unsuccessful.
#14 - 2016-11-22 21:45:46 UTC
OP, might it not be useful to you to get some experience in the game before becoming an ISD to monitor things related to the game?

Your obvious desire to help is very commendable...but you simply don't know enough about EvE yet to be in ISD. Perhaps a non-official way to help might work for you? The need for folks such as yourself who are willing to help others is always needed.

#15 - 2016-11-22 21:47:32 UTC
Kyle Khann wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:

Im rather new so i dont know how it used to be thats why i asked :D

In honesty if you're new at EvE you likely aren't ISD material yet Smile (yet).

I could be wrong but I think a high level of knowledge is required in at least one or two specific fields.

Nice work though it's good to see people doing their bit for EvE. I regularly run new player events / help workshops however so if you'd like to be involved get in touch by EvEMail.
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2016-11-22 21:49:15 UTC
Dibz wrote:
I have a feeling your application will be unsuccessful.

So do I, but there should at least be a timely response.