EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

just a question on attacking citidels

Author
The Wraithguard.
#1 - 2016-12-06 04:07:27 UTC
if i shoot at a citidel that's already been attacked and now the guys are attacking the citidel for its armor cycle if i shoot at the citidel will i get on the killmail if i shoot at it once and they come back to kill it with its final timer? im just asking because im not the greatest with these mechanics. and im curious :P
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-12-06 04:14:35 UTC
Want to whore on your own Keepstar?
CaseyLP
#3 - 2016-12-06 04:15:22 UTC
Yes, I believe so.
Pandemic Legion
#4 - 2016-12-06 04:16:52 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Want to whore on your own Keepstar?


Good man.
End of Life
#5 - 2016-12-06 04:30:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
nate albush wrote:
if i shoot at a citidel that's already been attacked and now the guys are attacking the citidel for its armor cycle if i shoot at the citidel will i get on the killmail if i shoot at it once and they come back to kill it with its final timer? im just asking because im not the greatest with these mechanics. and im curious :P

No. You need to be there for the final timer exit to get on the killmail (if one generates).
The-Culture
#6 - 2016-12-06 04:37:09 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Want to whore on your own Keepstar?
Get Keepstar killmail and make PL pay for it?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

The Wraithguard.
#7 - 2016-12-06 15:45:41 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Want to whore on your own Keepstar?

I don't think I'm gunna do that haha though it's tempting but I'm sure a lot of other guys are gunna do it
The Wraithguard.
#8 - 2016-12-06 15:47:18 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
nate albush wrote:
if i shoot at a citidel that's already been attacked and now the guys are attacking the citidel for its armor cycle if i shoot at the citidel will i get on the killmail if i shoot at it once and they come back to kill it with its final timer? im just asking because im not the greatest with these mechanics. and im curious :P

No. You need to be there for the final timer exit to get on the killmail (if one generates).

When you say final timer exit you mean at its last like 15% of health right?
#9 - 2016-12-06 16:24:53 UTC
nate albush wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:
Want to whore on your own Keepstar?

I don't think I'm gunna do that haha though it's tempting but I'm sure a lot of other guys are gunna do it


Go on do it. Then you can say you participated in the defense of the first online and fitted keepstar and the destruction of the first online and fitted keepstar. It'll make ya famous.
End of Life
#10 - 2016-12-06 16:33:12 UTC
nate albush wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
nate albush wrote:
if i shoot at a citidel that's already been attacked and now the guys are attacking the citidel for its armor cycle if i shoot at the citidel will i get on the killmail if i shoot at it once and they come back to kill it with its final timer? im just asking because im not the greatest with these mechanics. and im curious :P

No. You need to be there for the final timer exit to get on the killmail (if one generates).

When you say final timer exit you mean at its last like 15% of health right?

Yes.

The initial reinforcement and the armour timer gain you nothing other than continuation towards final destruction.

So only those that turn up this weekend and shoot the Keepstar in M-O for example, will be on the killmail (assuming one generates, which is very doubtful and may end up with a manually generated record as with the previous Keepstar).

So based on your OP, being there for the armour timer won't count on the killmail. You need to be there at the exit of the final timer.
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-12-06 16:56:39 UTC
There are other restrictions too...

If you leave system after dealing damage but before the keepstar is destroyed, you won't appear on the killmail. This includes docking up at a station or citadel in system.

Under normal circumstances, if 15 minutes pass between when you last shot at a ship and when it dies, you don't get in the killmail. This applies to stuctures like POS guns as well so probably appplies to the citadel. However how Ti-Di impacts that time I do not know.
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-12-06 17:07:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
There are other restrictions too...

If you leave system after dealing damage but before the keepstar is destroyed, you won't appear on the killmail. This includes docking up at a station or citadel in system.

Under normal circumstances, if 15 minutes pass between when you last shot at a ship and when it dies, you don't get in the killmail. This applies to stuctures like POS guns as well so probably appplies to the citadel. However how Ti-Di impacts that time I do not know.

This is not quite correct.

You can be killed and podded in a fight and end up back in a new clone on the other side of the cluster; and still appear on killmails.

It's not whether you leave system, but whether the Citadel leaves system, which it obviously can't do.

Normally if a ship you are shooting has a session change (eg. Jumps gate) you won't be on the killmail and/or the 15 minute timer passes same thing. In the case of the first Keepstar, CCP Logibro manually put a list together from the server logs, so the 15 minutes was irrelevant. Will be interesting to see what happens Saturday.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2016-12-06 17:43:26 UTC
nate albush wrote:
if i shoot at a citidel that's already been attacked and now the guys are attacking the citidel for its armor cycle if i shoot at the citidel will i get on the killmail if i shoot at it once and they come back to kill it with its final timer? im just asking because im not the greatest with these mechanics. and im curious :P


Once a traitor, always a traitor I suppose.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Working Stiffs
#14 - 2016-12-06 18:37:07 UTC
nate albush wrote:
When you say final timer exit you mean at its last like 15% of health right?

Citadels and EC have the same amount HP for shield, armor, and structure.

Technically it is the last 1/3 (33.3% "... repeating of course")
The Wraithguard.
#15 - 2016-12-07 07:56:54 UTC  |  Edited by: nate albush
TigerXtrm wrote:
nate albush wrote:
if i shoot at a citidel that's already been attacked and now the guys are attacking the citidel for its armor cycle if i shoot at the citidel will i get on the killmail if i shoot at it once and they come back to kill it with its final timer? im just asking because im not the greatest with these mechanics. and im curious :P


Once a traitor, always a traitor I suppose.

What do you mean? I wasn't with co2 till recently. so I don't exactly know what your talking about
Forum Jump