Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How to invest 10 Bil

Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-01-02 04:49:27 UTC
Hey guys! I am a new player to EVE who recently made about 2 bill from station trading and PI. Additionally, I fell into the hole and bought another 2 Plex to pleasure myself. As I have read on forums, and been noticing to an extent, Station Trading doesn't scale up well. What this means is that at one point I run out of enough orders to set to keep making 10% of my ISK a day (It doesn't help that I'm new and have a small amount of orders so far). How do you guys invest your ISK when it comes to those higher numbers. The thought of giving people my ISK even with Collateral disgusts me, and more importantly, doesn't seem very profitable. I think there are better things that I could but my ISK to use for. The easiest thing it seems right now to do is to Buy BPO's and make rigs? Otherwise, would an Orca be a good investment? I know I'm gonna be made fun of and will be told to google but I didn't find any really relevant information. So please, bring the jokes on but also give me some insight!
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-01-02 08:05:31 UTC
The question you should ask yourself is, what do you want to do in EvE? What is fun for you? Then spend the ISK on that. Also you always can speed up your skill training with injectors.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Men Of Mayhem.
#3 - 2017-01-02 14:47:56 UTC
station trading scales up very well.

The more isk you have the more/larger orders you can have on the market
Apocalypse Now.
#4 - 2017-01-02 16:48:36 UTC
Sorao Soreen wrote:
station trading scales up very well.

The more isk you have the more/larger orders you can have on the market



This also takes a LOT of babysitting orders if you want to really be competitive. Expect most of your time updating orders if you're in Jita especially.
Sin City Coalition
#5 - 2017-01-02 17:04:36 UTC
carry on the smaller trades and continue money income and use the rewards to speculate, I'd hazard a guess that 80% of my entire eve isk income has been speculation of goods and deadspace gear trading, never sniff at the small stuff if it helps you build a base of isk income to further test with.
Evictus.
#6 - 2017-01-02 17:24:14 UTC
A year ago I had a considerable amount of ISK sitting in my wallet and was looking for investment opportunities. I chose to purchase a number of high value capital and structure blueprints, research them and sell copies. A year later, these prints are researched to a competitive level. They have doubled in value as a consequence and I am selling copies as fast as I can make them. It cost a lot of ISK to research the prints and it took a lot of time but I am earning 3%-4% return on my investment each month not including the capital appreciation.
Apocalypse Now.
#7 - 2017-01-02 18:15:15 UTC
Do Little wrote:
A year ago I had a considerable amount of ISK sitting in my wallet and was looking for investment opportunities. I chose to purchase a number of high value capital and structure blueprints, research them and sell copies. A year later, these prints are researched to a competitive level. They have doubled in value as a consequence and I am selling copies as fast as I can make them. It cost a lot of ISK to research the prints and it took a lot of time but I am earning 3%-4% return on my investment each month not including the capital appreciation.


I've wondered if the copies would make for a good business plan or not.
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-02 19:11:44 UTC
Do Little wrote:
A year ago I had a considerable amount of ISK sitting in my wallet and was looking for investment opportunities. I chose to purchase a number of high value capital and structure blueprints, research them and sell copies. A year later, these prints are researched to a competitive level. They have doubled in value as a consequence and I am selling copies as fast as I can make them. It cost a lot of ISK to research the prints and it took a lot of time but I am earning 3%-4% return on my investment each month not including the capital appreciation.


The truth is that I don't know where to start. Station Trading seems natural to me but this makes no sense to me. I don't know what to look at as a reference to good BPO's. How do I start. The Blueprints channel wasn't exactly helpful...
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-01-02 20:08:09 UTC
Read the patch notes and dev blogs of the last year. So I made most of my ISK since the citadel patch and still make.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Evictus.
#10 - 2017-01-03 18:47:30 UTC
I spent some time searching contracts. What were people offering at what prices. Prints for capital ships, structures and components are expensive and take a long time to research. Few players have the patience to make investments in the game that will take 6 months or a year to generate a return. There is a market for prints - people want to build ships and structures and the big ones need a lot of components! I've had people contact me to see if I could provide prints for a titan build. Alas, that is out of my league at present but, now that I know there is a market, I'll be ready to say yes next year!
#11 - 2017-01-03 19:20:27 UTC
Market Speculation.

Just an example:
I bought a bunch of Salvaged Materials a while back.
My whole stack of "Contaminated Lorentz Fluid" i bought for a total of ~500mil. Sold it couple of days ago for ~90bil.
Apocalypse Now.
#12 - 2017-01-03 19:29:06 UTC
Damjan Fox wrote:
Market Speculation.

Just an example:
I bought a bunch of Salvaged Materials a while back.
My whole stack of "Contaminated Lorentz Fluid" i bought for a total of ~500mil. Sold it couple of days ago for ~90bil.


Now that was one hell of a call! Nice work.
Axiom Vocation Alliance
#13 - 2017-01-04 03:40:46 UTC
Damjan Fox wrote:
Market Speculation.

Just an example:
I bought a bunch of Salvaged Materials a while back.
My whole stack of "Contaminated Lorentz Fluid" i bought for a total of ~500mil. Sold it couple of days ago for ~90bil.




ahaha this botherlines a scam thank CCP, awsome mate you won EVE this round
#14 - 2017-01-04 04:19:22 UTC
James Zealot wrote:
Do Little wrote:
A year ago I had a considerable amount of ISK sitting in my wallet and was looking for investment opportunities. I chose to purchase a number of high value capital and structure blueprints, research them and sell copies. A year later, these prints are researched to a competitive level. They have doubled in value as a consequence and I am selling copies as fast as I can make them. It cost a lot of ISK to research the prints and it took a lot of time but I am earning 3%-4% return on my investment each month not including the capital appreciation.


I've wondered if the copies would make for a good business plan or not.



Too much micromanagement for my liking, but yes, this works.

There is a market for capital component BPCs and also one for structure component BPCs.

I am dabbling in the latter but do not intend to remain in that market because of the hassle, I'd rather sell certain T2 BPCs if I want to deal in lower value contract-only transactions.

Now the researched BPOs - they are a well known moneyspinner.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Gallente Federation
#15 - 2017-01-08 12:36:51 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
James Zealot wrote:
Do Little wrote:
A year ago I had a considerable amount of ISK sitting in my wallet and was looking for investment opportunities. I chose to purchase a number of high value capital and structure blueprints, research them and sell copies. A year later, these prints are researched to a competitive level. They have doubled in value as a consequence and I am selling copies as fast as I can make them. It cost a lot of ISK to research the prints and it took a lot of time but I am earning 3%-4% return on my investment each month not including the capital appreciation.


I've wondered if the copies would make for a good business plan or not.



Too much micromanagement for my liking, but yes, this works.

There is a market for capital component BPCs and also one for structure component BPCs.

I am dabbling in the latter but do not intend to remain in that market because of the hassle, I'd rather sell certain T2 BPCs if I want to deal in lower value contract-only transactions.

Now the researched BPOs - they are a well known moneyspinner.


You mean taking the time to pick out items to trade for a region is micromanagement wise easier than managing a bunch of research slots?
#16 - 2017-01-12 17:12:25 UTC
Keep in mind thst although market BPOs require research, you can buy well researched BPOs and use them to make copies.

Then it's just a matter of taking the cost of buying the BPO off contract and then seeing how much you make off copies.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

#17 - 2017-01-18 21:11:49 UTC
Illindar Tyrannus wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
James Zealot wrote:
Do Little wrote:
A year ago I had a considerable amount of ISK sitting in my wallet and was looking for investment opportunities. I chose to purchase a number of high value capital and structure blueprints, research them and sell copies. A year later, these prints are researched to a competitive level. They have doubled in value as a consequence and I am selling copies as fast as I can make them. It cost a lot of ISK to research the prints and it took a lot of time but I am earning 3%-4% return on my investment each month not including the capital appreciation.


I've wondered if the copies would make for a good business plan or not.



Too much micromanagement for my liking, but yes, this works.

There is a market for capital component BPCs and also one for structure component BPCs.

I am dabbling in the latter but do not intend to remain in that market because of the hassle, I'd rather sell certain T2 BPCs if I want to deal in lower value contract-only transactions.

Now the researched BPOs - they are a well known moneyspinner.


You mean taking the time to pick out items to trade for a region is micromanagement wise easier than managing a bunch of research slots?



It's not the research slots, it's the time taken to interact with the contract interface, which is super-slow.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Solyaris Chtonium
#18 - 2017-01-19 11:03:29 UTC
Here's how to make ISK with blue prints.

Start a big bond to buy a few titan BPOs, with elaborate mechanism and audits that will ensure the investors that tje BPOs will stay locked down safely. Research the Titan BPOs and start to make copies, sell a few and pay interests to investors.

Keep growing your operation until you have access to sufficient amount of ISK to run away with. XD

Cheers Love! The cavalry's here!

Forum Jump