Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

[news] Zainou Owned Medical Center Sealed Off

Author
Arataka Research Consortium
#1 - 2017-02-09 18:39:33 UTC
Pilots, the Scope reports of a Zainou medical center shut-down following possible biohazard issues.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd., on basis of our ties with our parent organization and the Ishukone family of corporations, has mobilized to render medical aid and to investigate the potential sources of pathogen, and any potential link between this incident and yesterday's incident in orbit of Muttokon.

Any additional information pilots are able to provide would be appreciated.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Sani-Sabik
#2 - 2017-02-09 18:42:41 UTC
Doom ! Dooooooooooooom !

The End Times are Upon us.

Dooooooooooooom !

There. I said it. That's the alarmist doom-mongering quota filled for the IGS for this year. So, people can post constructively now.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

#3 - 2017-02-09 18:45:40 UTC
Ah, yes, and pilots: without credible indication, I'm going to assume this doesn't involve the Kyonoke pathogen, because, well, let's ace it.

As the good doctor says, "It's never Kyonoke."

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Mercenary Coalition
#4 - 2017-02-09 18:45:56 UTC
17 jumps from Muttokon. A bit of a stretch but the timing is a bit weird given the quarantine of the space elevator at Muttokon II. I can tell you that there's nothing of interest accessible by capsuleers around Muttokon II right now, other than cans left here by capsuleers in what I assume is an attempt to supply Six Kin or Freedom Extension. I suspect the same will probably hold true in Oijanen if this is related.
#5 - 2017-02-09 18:48:03 UTC
Is there anything in the greater system of note, Ms. Del'thul? Observatories, citadels, abandoned research stations...? And do we know anything of the personnel detained passing through the facility? The one obvious constant between these two is the detention of unknown third parties, and in this case the circumstances are quite strange; of course, it could easily be a red herring.

Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#6 - 2017-02-09 19:03:18 UTC
Should you require it, Priano-haani, our research division of Ishukone-Raata Enforcement Directive is here to offer aid. We can mobilize to help as well, or do work on investigating from the outside looking in.
Mercenary Coalition
#7 - 2017-02-09 19:15:22 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Is there anything in the greater system of note, Ms. Del'thul? Observatories, citadels, abandoned research stations...? And do we know anything of the personnel detained passing through the facility? The one obvious constant between these two is the detention of unknown third parties, and in this case the circumstances are quite strange; of course, it could easily be a red herring.

It's 'Miz', and no. Nothing of note at all. I've been doing full system surveys several times a day and there's only the usual smattering of Angel facilities and a few small scale rogue drone infestations. Whatever's going on here is being carefully insulated against capsuleer involvement.
#8 - 2017-02-09 19:22:08 UTC
Aneozomi-haani; your offer is greatly appreciated. Our staff should liaise, and I'm also in communication with the rest of the ARC coordination group to ensure an adequate response; shall I loop you in?

The initial IKAME aid package is focused on the quarantine and analysis side, consisting of a regiment of marines, scientific staff, and AIMED. Packages of antivirals and -biotics are included in the case that this is merely an over-reported standard quarantine situation, instead of the novel situation many of us suspect.

#9 - 2017-02-09 19:30:56 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Aneozomi-haani; your offer is greatly appreciated. Our staff should liaise, and I'm also in communication with the rest of the ARC coordination group to ensure an adequate response; shall I loop you in?

Please do. I will send a message to the rest of our branch to get everyone prepared based. Rikaato, Priano-haani. Hopefully this is not as worrisome of a matter as it seems.
#10 - 2017-02-09 19:37:37 UTC
One can pray this is only a coincidence.

As Aneozomi-haani stated Ishukone-Raata will be offering our aid to ensure a swift conclusion to this situation. Supplies will be shipped to the system, along with a full Internal Watch security detachment and orbital squadron to ensure this quarantine is not breached.
#11 - 2017-02-09 19:59:05 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Doom ! Dooooooooooooom !

The End Times are Upon us.

Dooooooooooooom !

There. I said it. That's the alarmist doom-mongering quota filled for the IGS for this year. So, people can post constructively now.

Mottokon and Oijanen have to be more that just a mere coincidence?

And while Doom-mongering may not best option, the potential for conspiracy is great. Two quarantines with little to no information is more than enough to raise some eyebrows.

Lady Priano do you know if the system has been cordoned off from the rest of New Eden?

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Heiian Conglomerate
#12 - 2017-02-09 20:01:12 UTC
The Heiian Conglomerate stands ready to assist I-RED and I-KAME in whatever capacity we can in order to bring about a resolution to this situation, should it be needed.

I hope that this incident, along with the ongoing situation in the Muttokon system, is naught more than a minor one and just a poorly-timed coincidence.

Edward H. Adams

Commander

Heiian Conglomerate

#13 - 2017-02-09 20:02:25 UTC
Hinkelmann-haan, Aneozomi-haani, an initial mail has gone out. We've also had interest expressed by Mr. Adams of HeiCon, and so I've included him, in addition to other personnel from both ARC and IKAME.

Our initial deployment of marines are attempting to liaise with Zainou and State Peacekeeper personnel on the surface.

Ms. Leshrac, Oijanen remains subject to the usual traffic, and Oijanen's customs infrastructure remains intact and accessible.

#14 - 2017-02-09 20:09:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Hetu Hegirin
Notable parallels. Medical facilities connected to temperate worlds, and the absence of capsuleer access. Tainted pharmaceutical supplies? Some database diving is in order.

For reference:

Elarel IV, V, IX
Onne III
Sharuveil II
Aetree IV, VIII
Allipes IV, V, VII

Unfortunately, other responsibilities require my attention at this time.

ı̀ɴfᴏᴍᴏʀᴘʜ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴛᴀɢ

s̊ᴛᴜᴛᴢᴇʀ#3035 🎴

#15 - 2017-02-09 20:20:01 UTC
Hetu Hegirin wrote:
Notable parallels. Medical facilities connected to temperate worlds, and the absence of capsuleer access. Tainted pharmaceutical supplies? Some database diving is in order.

A wise choice.

However without knowing the exact nature of the quarantine for each world that has been afflicted it would be a difficult task.

But not impossible.

If this was a Kyonoke outbreak, normal traffic patterns for each system would have been shut down.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

#16 - 2017-02-09 20:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Alex Hinkelmann
I severely doubt what is happening in Myrskaa District 36 has anything to do with a strain of Kyonoke. While it may stand out against other pathogens & agents, its one among thousands. Lets keep our wild speculations to ourselves rather then stir rumors among the masses.
#17 - 2017-02-09 20:43:42 UTC
Alex Hinkelmann wrote:
I severely doubt what is happening in Myrskaa District 36 has anything to do with a strain of Kyonoke. While it may stand out against other pathogens & agents, its one among thousands. Lets keep our wild speculations to ourselves rather then stir rumors among the masses.

Oh I must certainly agree. We must Trust. But we should also Verify as well.

We only have the simple coincidence that something is happening on the worlds below. Just to small worlds in the galactic backwater.

I suppose a third such quarantine would just be another coincidence?

#18 - 2017-02-09 21:03:10 UTC
Coincidence or not, what I said in plain terms was. Quarantine does not equal Kyonoke.
#19 - 2017-02-09 21:43:17 UTC
I'm more interested by the fact that they sent State Peacekeepers there. Where's Kirkinen Risk Control?
#20 - 2017-02-09 21:54:30 UTC
I would almost be more worried by that, Victorian-haan. If it's Peacekeepers, it's probably a conventional containment situation, maintaining security, preventing quarantine breaches, et cetera. If they contracted with a force now known for both clone soldier operations and cyber-warfare, even if it's a Zainou spin-off organization...

As it stands, I would be worried about the shareholder impact if Zainou attempted to spurn a CEP-guided intervention.

2 Pages12Next page